Shadow GT680W

OMG man I just did it!!! You save my life!!!!!!Gurkha9 and REyewitness thanks guys!!!! REyewitness do you sell camera like them if you do and can match price I will order from you man.
No sure on the price match, fox offer etc? These guys are based in Asia and sell very cheap, but you gotta look at who jumped in to help! Potentially you would have shipped a working camera back to asia, and seeing as nothing was wrong you would be paying shipping back also. Might be cheap, but there's always a reason.

Never the less glad you got her up and running!

REyewitness is right, a slightly higher price by buying on this continent does buy you a lot of potential peace of mind and hassle initially and down the road.

No sure on the price match, fox offer etc? These guys are based in Asia and sell very cheap, but you gotta look at who jumped in to help! Potentially you would have shipped a working camera back to asia, and seeing as nothing was wrong you would be paying shipping back also. Might be cheap, but there's always a reason.

Never the less glad you got her up and running!

I want to order a black one but it said no GPS, so if I order the black camera without a GPS, can I still put the one I got there and will it work?

GPS or no GPS its the same camera. The firmware in the none GPS will most likely differ as menu options won't be needed.
So you will be back to updating etc.
Always better if you can to buy a complete unit.. Less confusing when/if any problems happen.

Question: What if I still using V2.2 with GPS antenna and the GPS antenna is flashing the red and blue, but the GPS logo witch I see in the camera screen still flashing is that mean it lock and normal?

Question: What if I still using V2.2 with GPS antenna and the GPS antenna is flashing the red and blue, but the GPS logo witch I see in the camera screen still flashing is that mean it lock and normal?

from what I understood the GPS doesn't work with 2.2

from what I understood the GPS doesn't work with 2.2

Oh no so i only can pick one? The reason why I asked is becuase when I use pick 2.2 it will work with my 64gb card but when I updated to 2.4 it will shows "momory error" ..... Is there anyway to fix this.....

Oh no so i only can pick one? The reason why I asked is becuase when I use pick 2.2 it will work with my 64gb card but when I updated to 2.4 it will shows "momory error" ..... Is there anyway to fix this.....
That's how its intended to work..per manufacturing specs 32gb is max storage. Yes earlier firmware did allow 64gb but not officially. Early firmware also didn't play well with GPS.
Huge amounts of storage are fine, but all anyone cares about is the incident file and one prior to it.

Its not working in v2.2...upgrade to 2.4. Orange/red light should be solid, blue flashing

Better yet just buy the complete camera with GPS and V2.5 firmware from us and have something that works. The amount of back and forth on this topic should more than make up for price difference.

Huge amounts of storage are fine, but all anyone cares about is the incident file and one prior to it.

Agree. I don't see why anyone need 64GB memory card to store the video unless one is doing a 1000km driving trip and is going to sit down and view through the 9-10 hours of video. The primary purpose of a dashcam is to capture any accidents or interesting incidents on the road, most of time the dashcam just record boring daily drive which we will never watch anyway. GT680W only officially says it supports up to 32GB memory cards, so for people with 64GB card and keep worrying about their dashcam not performing fully, just get a 32GB or smaller card and be done with.

I have got one week ago GT680W Black with new GPS 5Hz from Shadow SeeZeus plant directly. Checked FW its v2.7
Two months ago I bought GT680W Silver/Black. After replacement old GPS module, its works fine, FW v2.2

Just receive my black GT680 version 2.6 from fox offer and there's a major problem.

Everything works fine accept it only record for less than 1min before it shut down without even showing the 'goodbye' screen. Switch on and it'll happen again.

Things that I had tried and it still happen
- power plug in and without plug in
- reset from the external button and from within software
- tried 32gb class 10 and 8gb class 4
- screen saver is off

Does this mean I'll have to replace it or someone here manage to solve the problem.

Just receive my black GT680 version 2.6 from fox offer and there's a major problem.

Everything works fine accept it only record for less than 1min before it shut down without even showing the 'goodbye' screen. Switch on and it'll happen again.

Things that I had tried and it still happen
- power plug in and without plug in
- reset from the external button and from within software
- tried 32gb class 10 and 8gb class 4
- screen saver is off

Does this mean I'll have to replace it or someone here manage to solve the problem.

Sounds to me you are getting any power into the camera.
Have you tried it on a known good USB lead?

Sounds to me you are getting any power into the camera.
Have you tried it on a known good USB lead?

Had tried the cables supplied with the cam and also others but the problem still happen. The cam still have power after sudden shut down and the blue light below is lighted.

Make sure red power button on 12v adapter in pushed in and lit red... Sorry it has happened! Other than that just Return it.

Make sure red power button on 12v adapter in pushed in and lit red... Sorry it has happened! Other than that just Return it.

Reminds me a little of the time I spent trying to help a friend over the phone who called me about his lost internet connection. I finally drove 15 miles to his house and found that he hadn't pushed the Ethernet plug in all the way. It was actually one of the things I had him check while we were on the phone.

Reminds me a little of the time I spent trying to help a friend over the phone who called me about his lost internet connection. I finally drove 15 miles to his house and found that he hadn't pushed the Ethernet plug in all the way. It was actually one of the things I had him check while we were on the phone.

Had checked on that. The cam receiving power and battery is healthy. Just don't understand why it'll shut off by itself. Contacting Foxoffer and hopefully they had a solution. Hate to ship back defective items as it's very troublesome and waste of time.

Back