Shadow GT680W

If no one know what happened, can someone teeach me how to make the camera brand new? Let me tell you guys what I did I formatted the SD card and I Default setting but still shows 2.2 ..... the reason why I want to upgrade is because I can't use my GPS...

I don't have this model but from what I understand if it's the early version you need to update the loader first, then update the firmware (2 separate processes), if it's the later version then it's just the firmware update you need

I'm sure @billknow has posted details on this previously

If no one know what happened, can someone teeach me how to make the camera brand new? Let me tell you guys what I did I formatted the SD card and I Default setting but still shows 2.2 ..... the reason why I want to upgrade is because I can't use my GPS...
Please take a photo about of your camera menu, so I can know the FW version.

Not 100% sure but I'm not sure fw 2.2 supports the GPS. (Problem with actual GPS module). Is your GPS the thin style around 1/4” vs more square and about 1/2" thick?
GPS won't get lock or just shows you wrong location?

Not 100% sure but I'm not sure fw 2.2 supports the GPS. (Problem with actual GPS module). Is your GPS the thin style around 1/4” vs more square and about 1/2" thick?
GPS won't get lock or just shows you wrong location?

It won't lock...... I think this is a new GPS right?

Attachments

• photos.JPG
    photos.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 27
It won't lock...... I think this is a new GPS right?

Yes that's the new one. I really think you need updated firmware to 2.4g to be able to run that new antenna. Did your retailer not include the .bin file when they sent you the upgrade antenna?
Need some background, were you one of the first and got the old gps,? Then they shipped a new GPS at a later date?

Verify 2 led lights on antenna are on (orange = power, blue constant no GPS lock, blue flashing GPS locked)

All you need is the new .bin file. Put into camera and then power up, takes a min to update then the gps will work.
Contact where you purchased from.

I Just recieved my GT680W without GPS in all Black from Foxoffer

The firmware is 2.7

Is this correct? reading through this forum everyone seems to have different version?

Might be a different version number for cams without GPS.
At one point a while back, cams without GPS had higher FW numbers.

Might be a different version number for cams without GPS.
At one point a while back, cams without GPS had higher FW numbers.
True, we need to see what he bought and where/when the gps came into play.
Sounds like a seller with no clue...

Yes that's the new one. I really think you need updated firmware to 2.4g to be able to run that new antenna. Did your retailer not include the .bin file when they sent you the upgrade antenna?
Need some background, were you one of the first and got the old gps,? Then they shipped a new GPS at a later date?

Verify 2 led lights on antenna are on (orange = power, blue constant no GPS lock, blue flashing GPS locked)

I got that from Foxoffer.com they gave me a camera without GPS but I originally ask for a camera with a GPS, so they send me back the new GPS after few weeks later. So the new 2.4G the only improvement is the GPS only nothing else like faster or clear someting like that?

Contact fox offer and get the latest firmware. Some extra menu options come along with the update, and more importantly fixes GPS problems.

Contact fox offer and get the latest firmware. Some extra menu options come along with the update, and more importantly fixes GPS problems.

Please download the file from below link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/gt680w/GT680W_FW_V2.4G_1105.zip

1. Just copy the .bin file to the SD card and insert the card to the camera.
2. Connect the charger with the camera, it will upgrade automatically, please wait about for 10 seconds.
3. After upgrade, it will turn on the camera automatically, then check the firmware version.

That's what they sent me, even I follow all the steps I can't update. I don't know why....

Format SD card and only have .bin file on it... No folders etc.
Camera off put SD card in. Power on, it will update. That's the procedure.

Make sure to use the car charger cable!

You're not trying to do the FW update from a 64Gig card are you?
If you are that may be your issue. Try a 32Gig or smaller!

OMG how do you know ....... So if I try something like 8GB will that work? And after I do that I can change back to a 64GB card with V2.4G right?

Just because the GT680W can record on some 64Gig cards (Adata) - which is not officially supported - does not automatically mean it will be able to do a FW update from one...;)

OMG man I just did it!!! You save my life!!!!!!Gurkha9 and REyewitness thanks guys!!!! REyewitness do you sell camera like them if you do and can match price I will order from you man.

Just because the GT680W can record on some 64Gig cards (Adata) - which is not officially supported - does not automatically mean it will be able to do a FW update from one...;)

I've said it before but when it comes to using larger cards than the manufacturer specified there's a difference between what works and what's supported

Nicely picked up anyway, very helpful

Back