Shadow GT680W

Thanks for the clarification it could be quite easy to save the wrong loop and end up with nothing at the end of a drive. Do you have a rough idea how many minutes of video a 32Gb card in this will hold? I would generally like to be able to reach my destination first without having to pull over and fiddle about trying to save the right clip

1080p / 30fps / 15Mbps 32gb 16gb ruffly can save about 2h 30min (2h 40min?)

Edited: 16gb instead of 32gb. My mistake on mixing up flashcards I usually use 16gb. Thanks to @efoo attention below comment !

Last edited:
Cool good enough for just about all my drives. I can just wait until the end of my drive then hunt through the clips on the card at my destination.

If you have a smart phone, after 2h drive take coffe-brake stop, put microsd card from dash cam into your phone and go trough videos leaving / copying to the phone memory only those you need. In the phone its much easier to scroll trough video files. Best of course having laptop with you, but smart phone will also do the job.
I keep in my car OTG smart phone card reader with SD card and USB sockets. I can put dashcam microsd into phone and copy all files to external usb flash drive via OTG card reader. This way saves time on going trough all videos during trip. Later when bavk home I can start working on "clean up".

If you have a smart phone, after 2h drive take coffe-brake stop, put microsd card from dash cam into your phone and go trough videos leaving / copying to the phone memory only those you need. In the phone its much easier to scroll trough video files. Best of course having laptop with you, but smart phone will also do the job.
I keep in my car OTG smart phone card reader with SD card and USB sockets. I can put dashcam microsd into phone and copy all files to external usb flash drive via OTG card reader. This way saves time on going trough all videos during trip. Later when bavk home I can start working on "clean up".
I thought I might buy a second card so if there is something worth capturing I can just pop a new card in and review the contents of the other card later

1080p / 30fps / 15Mbps 32gb ruffly can save about 2h 30min (2h 40min?)

Hmm niko, I think your calculation there is a bit out.

15 megabits per second is 1.875 megabytes per second. Which is 6750 megabytes per hour, or under 7GB per hour. So a 32GB card should fit nearly 4.5 hours of video. Correct me if I am wrong. Cheers.

Hmm niko, I think your calculation there is a bit out.

15 megabits per second is 1.875 megabytes per second. Which is 6750 megabytes per hour, or under 7GB per hour. So a 32GB card should fit nearly 4.5 hours of video. Correct me if I am wrong. Cheers.

Sorry, my bad attention to 16gb which I normally use vs 32gb.
You right, 32gb holds 4h 50min. ( 1080p / 30 fps / 15Mbps.

For other flashcard calculation people can use this calculator

http://www.auto-dvrs.ru/dvr/calc

Cool good enough for just about all my drives. I can just wait until the end of my drive then hunt through the clips on the card at my destination.

Sorry, my mistake regarding 16gb vs 32gb memory card. I edited post above. 32gb can fit 4h 50min 1080p / 30fps / 15Mbps. Will try to pay more attention in future ;)

I thought I might buy a second card so if there is something worth capturing I can just pop a new card in and review the contents of the other card later

I think this is more practical.

Thanks for the clarification it could be quite easy to save the wrong loop and end up with nothing at the end of a drive. Do you have a rough idea how many minutes of video a 32Gb card in this will hold? I would generally like to be able to reach my destination first without having to pull over and fiddle about trying to save the right clip
32gb full res. About 4.5hrs before loop. The display has a counter so its pretty easy to see what clip your in or if you just started a new file.

Can we attach an antireflective filter on this camera ?

32gb full res. About 4.5hrs before loop. The display has a counter so its pretty easy to see what clip your in or if you just started a new file.

When driving, display is in black screens-saver mode, - then can't see anything, need to push some buttons to activate it, only then can see file length ;)

Can we attach an antireflective filter on this camera ?

Anything can be attached, but you need some simple DIY to fit CPL filter to the lens surrounding casing.

I upgraded loader and fw successful,
thanks a lot!
I still can not upgrade my GT680W how come -.-
I put both file inside to my camera but still 2.2 how come!!!!!

I have a question.. Some cameras have built-in voltage setting. So we don't have to buy external adapters to use in parking mode. As the car's battery level is as low as we set.. It shuts down itself.

Does gt680w have this feature?

I still can not upgrade my GT680W how come -.-
I put both file inside to my camera but still 2.2 how come!!!!!
Requires only 1 .bin file to update.

Then can someone tell me what should I do now?

Back