Shadow GT680W

Thank you. That is why I am also considering to buy gt550ws instead despite the larger dimensions.

@ jokin: 20 to 30 minutes it is just fine. My intention is to be able to play a file outside the car, on battery, to prove my innocence to the road police, when needed, touch wood.

When its new, max is maybe 10min, I got 7-8min. After few month on mine gt680w battery recording or playback life ( "fully charged") is about 3-4min.

I hope vendors like FoxOffer (& others) will see the need to make replacement batteries available for this camera - (& others).

@ jokin: 20 to 30 minutes it is just fine. My intention is to be able to play a file outside the car, on battery, to prove my innocence to the road police, when needed, touch wood.

Although the GT550W and related cameras are capable of displaying the videos they have recorded I have found that in actual practice it can be awkward, difficult and time consuming to navigate to the desired footage and display it easily. Many police officers in a traffic accident situation may not have the patience or interest to wait around for this or even be able to view it properly on a tiny screen in a bright daylight setting. I believe that it is a better option to transfer the relevant clip to a smart phone or tablet for review and display.

Last edited:
Thank you all very much for the info, now I know that the one I should buy from shadow is RX 300 and not GT680W, although I will have to hide the leds and the white text with black tape. Remains only one question: foxoffer or eprance?
In 20 years of driving in Romania, I was never fined or stoped by police so I don't know if they are patient or not to wait for me to find the clip using the dashcarcam or the smartphone. I guess is quickly to use the dashcarcam.
On my short list was also Mini 0801 and I came across the info that will be soon release a new model using the A7 processor. Maybe this one will have a more reliable firmware than the current one that's using the A2. Should I wait a bit longer?
All the best to all of you!

On my short list was also Mini 0801 and I came across the info that will be soon release a new model using the A7 processor. Maybe this one will have a more reliable firmware than the current one that's using the A2

it doesn't have any card reading issues

Just keep a small USB battery pack in the car.

Hello everybody!Thanks to the professional advice from this forum , Niko , Jokiin , Gurkha9 and all others , I have decided , considering my options , to buy one of theese two dashcams :GT-300W and GT-680W. I would like to make clear a few issues that I hope they haven't already been discussed.
1. Can the 110 mAh GT680w battery conffer any advantage,because till now there have been only cons about this small capacity . I mean a smaller charging current ( 0,5 Amp would be enough ? ) ,a smaller probability of heating in the sun ? Is there any problem if the baterry is dead after a while-as Niko said that it lasts 3-4 mins after few months-and that the cam anyway will be charged from the car's socket ( while it's working ) ? I don't understand why is everybody so concerned about this short battery lifetime when there is no external power supply , when there are tenths of models of external battery packs/supplies with which the cam can be charged outside the car. Are there other ways of seeing this as a problem excluding the ones I have exposed ?
2. Which would be the chosen one considering the smallest fisheye effect , GT300W because it has 140 degrees lens ? Is the difference so obvious between the two ?
3. Niko , tell me please if your satisfaction regarding GT300W was influenced by the latest news-if any ( firmware , well-madeness ,etc. ) ? Would you still be considering it as one of the best now , in february 2014 ? ( of course in its price range )
Thank you in advance .

I own both the GT-300W and the GT-680W. I really like the 680 but it has had a few firmware glitches (GPS related) that I'm still working through that I anticipate will get solved shortly. It remains to be seen if the small battery is a problem or if it has any reliability issues but the GT-300W has been a real workhorse and I can heartily recommend it. All in all, I think that SeeZeus products offer good value for the money.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been covered but I can not find it. The GT680w appears to have a camera mode that I have not seen before. Is my first dashcam and am learning the basics. Just happened to end up in this mode while setting menu options. Has anyone found it useful? Any place I might look to see how that mode actually works? Thank you.

Apologies if this has been covered but I can not find it. The GT680w appears to have a camera mode that I have not seen before. Is my first dashcam and am learning the basics. Just happened to end up in this mode while setting menu options. Has anyone found it useful? Any place I might look to see how that mode actually works? Thank you.

What exactly you want to know about @ "how that mode actually works" ?

Correct. I am guessing it does a time lapse obviously - but does it render out a video or is that something you have to edit/compile afterward? I have noted in dvr mode that I seem to have to play each recorded file individually and have not tried to merge them yet. (Not familiar with the process).
Really was just hoping someone knew of a link that explained all that, but if not I can try to work through it as I have time.

Camera mode means you can take photos, it's not time lapse

Dashcams generally make very poor point and shoot cameras though so it's not much of a feature in reality

Thank you! Exactly what I wanted to know so I don't waste a great deal of time figuring out it is not worth the effort.

Liking this little dash cam. I think I need to crank up the exposure a bit - looks kinda dark even in daylight.

My next question would be about uploading to youtube or the like. Quality on my computer looks great. The upload to youtube is horrible looking. Uploaded straight from camera connected by usb. What do I need to do to get a quality upload?

Thank you! Exactly what I wanted to know so I don't waste a great deal of time figuring out it is not worth the effort.

Liking this little dash cam. I think I need to crank up the exposure a bit - looks kinda dark even in daylight.

My next question would be about uploading to youtube or the like. Quality on my computer looks great. The upload to youtube is horrible looking. Uploaded straight from camera connected by usb. What do I need to do to get a quality upload?

Have you tried to change youtube playback to 1080p ( check youtube video bottom right corner with the "wrench" icon, select 1080p and give it time to buffer ).

Hmm, I will to check the upload settings because it does not have a 1080p option. It is recorded at that level because I just tried on Vimeo and the quality was much better. I would just use vimeo but the free version has a weekly file size limit. Quality there was still not what it is on the computer but pretty close.
I will revisit Youtube tomorrow. Would just like to see the quality I see on your demo vids Niko.

I'm interested in this camera. Currently I have GS1000 Orange menu but I'm quite disappointed with its night video quality. How does this camera work in cold temperatures (sometimes even -30° Celsius), any experiences? Is there an option that the camera will shut down itself after the car charger has been disconnected?

Back