Shadow GT680W

Dear Madam, thank you very much. I will do as you said. All the best

whats your problems?
gps doesn't work. There is no any lights on gps when pluged in to the working camera ( Orange Or Blue)... No position and speed on record. Try to Drive 50km witch attached gps. Nothing happens. Dead unit?

Is it possible, during playback on the computer, to have continuous stream without the breaks?

programs like Registrator Viewer and Dashcam Viewer (links in my signature) can queue video for consecutive playback, the 96650 based product has a slight overlap at file change so the glitch you would see when it changes is normal for that chipset

gps doesn't work. There is no any lights on gps when pluged in to the working camera ( Orange Or Blue)... No position and speed on record. Try to Drive 50km witch attached gps. Nothing happens. Dead unit?
Please try this FW, this is the latest FW I got from Shadow today, don't mind about the FW version.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/gt680w/Shadow_gt680w_V2.6_FW.zip
After update the FW, please connect the GPS module with camera, and check the red and blue light on the GPS module.
If there is still no red and blue light on GPS module, please open the GPS module to check the line.
The right wire connection should be like this:
IMG_1850.JPG

Thanks for your cooperation to solve this problem.

The defective GT680W GPS module that buyer reported are less than 3 pcs, it is trustable.
Now foxoffer test every GPS module before shipping.

Don't worry, if we confirmed the problem is GPS module, foxoffer will ship a new GPS module to you, or refund the payment for GPS module.

Please try this FW, this is the latest FW I got from Shadow today, don't mind about the FW version.
QUOTE]

Thanks for the Shadow_gt680w_V2.6_FW.zip

Could you share latest version for "Full BLACK GT680W" V2.8?

Last edited:
Hey guys. Had a couple of questions before I buy this camera.
For US buyers, do we have to pay any duty? How much is it and how is it paid?
Also, does it come with the latest version of firmware or will I have to upgrade it?
Thanks!

Thanks for the Shadow_gt680w_V2.6_FW.zip , But this version seem not for "FULL BLACK GT680W".
I put it on full black gt680W and it is work fine. With 2.6g saves files on sd card in diffrent way than with 2.7g and they have diffrent menu...

BTW it's hard to say which version of FW is better or newer...

After explaining the case of an inoperative GPS module I would like to inquire about the latest version of the FW and the difference between the available ...

Hi guys. I have a problem with my GT680W, it lost seconds between saved movies, even up to 8 seconds.
I've put the 2.7 firmware, but it still loses a few seconds.

Any idea what firmware should I use or/and settings?

Thanks

Pls advise CPL-lens for GT680W black. And what is need also for this CPL?
I would like order it from Aliexpress

Hi guys. I have a problem with my GT680W, it lost seconds between saved movies, even up to 8 seconds.

Any idea what firmware should I use or/and settings?

Thanks

Are you using fast SD card? Class 6 and above is recommended. Class 10 if you can.

I grabbed the latest firmware from Foxoffer's blog page: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/gt680w/Shadow_GT680W_full_black_v2.7G_FW.zip

The file that extracts from there is called "FW96550A.bin". Copied it to my memory card and powered on my "All Black" model GT680W. It just turns on and firmware remains 2.6. What am I doing wrong?

Odd. It was my Mac translating the files I guess. Doing it from my windows computer I was able to get 2.7 on there. Doesn't seem any different though

Odd. It was my Mac translating the files I guess. Doing it from my windows computer I was able to get 2.7 on there. Doesn't seem any different though
It happened to me once with different product. It's the tool you used for decompressing this ZIP file. You get different results if decompressing with StuffIt and by doing it using Archive Utility. For some reason something gets lost in decompression process. Since then, I always use my PC for stuff like this. Most likely developers used PC tools when they packed it in the first place, so it's always better to play on a safe side... especially with firmware update process. Any compressor/de-compressor I use on Windows, being that WinZIP, WinRAR, 7zip, you name it... it always gives me good results. Not the same story unfortunately with Macs.

Hi guys!
I have pretty much the same problem in the Black GT680W.
Foxoffer camera I bought, I bought it TRANSCEND 32G sdcard Premuim300x well.

Any idea what firmware should I use or/and settings...

Many times it takes a very short videos ... 15sec!
five minutes and already I increased the rec. time.
The original 2.6 firmware.
Maybe the camera is faulty, or firmware upgrade solve the problem?
The upgrade does not involve loss of the warranty?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: war
Do you by any chance have Motion Detection or Parking mode turned on?

Back