Shadow GT680W

I'm interested in this camera. Currently I have GS1000 Orange menu but I'm quite disappointed with its night video quality. How does this camera work in cold temperatures (sometimes even -30° Celsius), any experiences? Is there an option that the camera will shut down itself after the car charger has been disconnected?

-30° Celsius is probably beyond the design specs of this camera but that doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't function. It would probably be a good idea to bring it inside when you are not using it though. It should certainly shut down when the power is disconnected. Doesn't your GS1000 do that?

Thank you for the information. I haven't experienced any problems with the GS1000 although it has been many weeks in cold temperatures (−10° - −30° C) or in a hot car at a parking lot (direct sunshine, probably it was above +30 °C inside the car). My GS1000 shuts down 30 seconds after the power is disconnected.

This GT680W is quite interesting because it has wider angle lens and better night quality than GS1000 and the price is affordable.

Last edited:
@Rayng
Sorry to hear the problem, first please try to upgrade the firmware, the latest version is 2.7, you can download it from below link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/gt680w/Shadow_GT680W_full_black_v2.7G_FW.zip
Also if you have other memory card in hand, you can also have a try with other card.
I put this bin file on sd card, and camera doesn't strat, I can't upgrade FW.
Today recived from foxoffer my gt680w with GPS FW 2.6G
GPS don't work, no any lights on it after put it to the camera. don't see any satelites.
What I do wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
somehow i did Upgrade to 2.7g but gps still doesn't work. There is no any lights on gps when pluged in to the working camera ( Orange Or Blue)... What else can I do?

Last edited:
somehow i did Upgrade to 2.7g but gps still doesn't work. There is no any lights on gps when pluged in to the working camera ( Orange Or Blue)... What else van I do?
Dead GPS unit. Contact seller

Weird, my vids only upload to youtube at a max of 360p. Yes, I am recording at 1080p and the vids look great on the computer.
Do I need to encode to a different file type to get a better upload to youtube? I simply see no option on youtube to upload any other way.

Change resolution on YT player - settings button on the right bottom on YT player - next to volume :)

Change resolution on YT player - settings button on the right bottom on YT player - next to volume :)

Negative Ghostrider. The option only shows as 360p once uploaded. I have a 1080p file but cannot upload it at that resolution.

Hello. I know that the Shadow RX300 has a button to manually lock a file while recording. My question: which button has the same feature on GT680W ? Thank you

m button above menu next to hdmi, when pressed key icon shows on screen. when lcd is off you need Press m button twice, First to lcd on, Second to lock file.

@Qvadrat : thank you very much!

@Nancy Lee : Dear Madam, I have 2 questions for you related to Shadow GT680 W, if you don't mind:
- a dead battery will be replaced within the 12 months warranty period?
- were we can buy a replacement battery for GT680W?
Thank you very much

@Qvadrat : thank you very much!

@Nancy Lee : Dear Madam, I have 2 questions for you related to Shadow GT680 W, if you don't mind:
- a dead battery will be replaced within the 12 months warranty period?
- were we can buy a replacement battery for GT680W?
Thank you very much
yes, within one year, if your battery not work well, we can change battery for freely, if more than one year, need to charge fee. thanks...

@Nancy Lee : Dear Madam, thank you for the confirmation. Could you be so kind to also give the price and from where to buy the replacement battery?

Dear Madam, my intention is to buy the camera from an Romanian reseller (confirmed as so by your colleague, Mrs. Janet, in other thread). But I can buy the replacement battery from any online stores that are using PayPal. I just want to have a second battery with me just in case. Thank you!

Dear Madam, my intention is to buy the camera from an Romanian reseller (confirmed as so by your colleague, Mrs. Janet, in other thread). But I can buy the replacement battery from any online stores that are using PayPal. I just want to have a second battery with me just in case. Thank you!
we not sell battery alone,even in the resell store, if you need, you can ask your reseller in romanian whe he buy goods again from us, ask our company give more battery.

Back