Shadow GT680W

Oh, I believe you as I've seen a similar trick in the fresh food industry :rolleyes:
Who's going to go the trouble of shipping faulty stuff all the way back to China when it'll cost more than the item originally cost :confused:

mine still runs fine and its coupled to 3 differing power sources, one of which out the router seems to charge mp3 s and the camera very fast.

I had the same paper/card packings on the buttons and thought that was why they were cheap !

Pay peanuts get... blah... blah... blah...
If I've had 2 that have died from the same issue, there must be more out there... and hopefully someone has identified the failed component.
Shame you can buy every conceivable spare like the Mobius :rolleyes:

Challenge there would be they keep changing these, there's multiple hardware variants of this camera, all from the same manufacturer

Maybe you got earlier version hardware, there's a few, you'd hope the changes were about improving it

Pay peanuts get... blah... blah... blah...
If I've had 2 that have died from the same issue, there must be more out there... and hopefully someone has identified the failed component.

Did you say you buy your second GT680W from a guy in eBay for 30 pounds? Have you questioned that guy why he is selling that unit off? Dodgy unit?

The first came from JooVuu, but only lasted 4 days... as they no longer stocked the camera I was given a refund.
The second unit was from eBay and was definitely brand spanking new (untouched) with all the accessories in the box and I suspect it was also originally from JooVuu.
It worked absolutely perfectly for about 1½hours and then developed exactly the same fault as the first camera.
It could be a specific batch or version of the camera that is exhibiting the fault.
I wonder if contacting Shenzhen Seezeus Technology would prove useful, but I doubt it :(
As I have far more important thing to worry about, I've put my trusty old original camera back in the car... I'm happy until I find something better :)

Considering price paid- complaining over quality if all works with as good (Esp night) footage, super-fast readjusting to light impact.... just saying...
Sorry not to be of any possible help, but I take your experience/advice and will use it only with provided charger.
Saying that, I have already used converter (Lighter- USB) and nothing happened! Could be as you say bad design, as I dont have a clue what exact output figures it gives, but I also remember my old SatNav packing up, when I used charger from eBay.
Everything boils down to $ £ per what you get and no "rubbing in to the face", but I am perfectly happy with my unit.... touch wood ;)

Hi there,

New owner of GT680W with GPS module running V3.8 firmware bought from foxoffer on ebay... I have a question, does anyone know if there a rear view mirror mount for this GT680W? Please advice.

Thank you!

Last edited:
TbH95ys.png
[/IMG]
Hi. Last year I bought one handlebar / mirror mount for G1W and using some sand paper I reduced its dimensions to fit the hole in the GT680. It's working fine even today, although I take the camera out of the car every day.

Last edited:
Cool! I'll mod the G1W updated rear view mount I have... Thanks for the info...
TbH95ys.png
[/IMG]
Hi. Last year I bought one handlebar / mirror mount for G1W and using some sand paper I reduced its dimensions to fit the hole in the GT680. It's working fine even today, although I take the camera out of the car every day.

Thank you Padwanjoe for the advice... Managed to mod the G1W rear view mirror mount to fit the GT680W... Also can change the head to the G1W-H longer rear view mirror mount also...

Attachments

• 11136727_10153065843646645_6493436938491977029_n.jpg
    11136727_10153065843646645_6493436938491977029_n.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 11031911_10153065855371645_7664315349588813149_n.jpg
    11031911_10153065855371645_7664315349588813149_n.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
I bought camera in September last year IIRC.
It seems battery is dead because after I turn the ignition off (car's) battery indicator shows about 3 seconds of life then flashing X over battery icon.
Camera closes and tries to turn on again, turn off, on, off, on, off, on and so on. I just noticed it today.
It records OK but it seems battery is huge disadvantage of this camera - temperature resistance seems too.

hello;
Gt680w I had my camera. It burned the electrical contact. I give you a new order from Foxoff site. It arrived yesterday. I am using the GPS module the old camera. Incoming camera version was 3,8g. GPS signal on the screen was blue. But it is not connected to any kind of satellite. 2,2G camera, 2.4G, 2.6 g, 2,7G 3,0G, I installed 3.2 G and 3.5G. 2,7G is linked to a GPS signal. However, the GPS screen saver disappear appear for 1 second. Please can you help. Which version should I install.

Have the hands 2.8G please send me. My e-mail. I meyret@msn.com

there are 5 different GPS models used on this camera, which firmware you need to support the GPS you have is not easy to work out at the best of times with this product

Recently I am getting broken files. No any file can be played - they are normal size however any software app cannot replay video. I haven't changed anything on the PC so it is not codec. Seems camera is dead.
Overall I will not buy anything from this company again if this confirms.

Nope, it can be any file. Some of them play but only first 2 seconds, then sound only.
Rest is beyond viewable because software can't recognize codecs.

Back