Shadow GT680W

Yup there were errors, ScanDisk said it fixed them but files are still corrupted. I test it today again.

You need to test the card in h2testw just to see if the card is failing as that may also cause this sort of problem.

How long have you had the camera? Maybe if the card comes back as ok in h2testw you may be looking at replacing the battery in the GT680W

After test all files are viewable however my PC has problems it goes smooth only few seconds, then image pauses and goes sound only.

How durable is camera in the high temperature? I never take it with me, if there is sun I guess inside car is 60 degrees. When it is really hot I put aluminum foil over camera to protect from direct sun.

my gt680w is in the car all of the time, winter in -30 degrees and summer +60 degrees inside and all the time works fine. Maybe Your card need format...

Forsberg - I suggest trying the nearest available micro sd card of any size and a fresh download of register viewer. If the trial card Is not class 10, beg or borrow one to remove yours from the equation. Also, if your not, use the provided power cord. Basically, rule out all the cheap stuff around the camera.

Is the camera powering up and down as expected?
When my two GT680W's went faulty they ran very hot, didn't power down when the power was removed (eventually the battery would run flat) and the files produced on the SD card were corrupt and unplayable.

I changed 5 min loop intervals to 2 min in case of corrupted file 2 last minutes will be lost, not 5.
Also I turn it off manually after stopping but I would replace battery i think because it seems battery is dead.

I took camera to home and turned it off - it can't go beyond logo screen - at this moment it turns off and on few times till being dead completely.
Then I must connect power.

What filter (polarise) would you recommend? I have to rid glare off.
The best'd be DIY filter.

Last edited:
OK what do you think about quality of this picture?
Is there way to mod firmware for better bitrate? During night it is alot of noise and weird artifacts. It is not hardware defect I guess but software.
Look at area above the tablet - a lot of weird small artifacts like low JPEG compression but it is visible on the movie too.

iqlJ7yiBlhyrP.jpg

Here daylight picture - cars' plates not recognizable, overall picture is quite dark. Visible compression.

iSMOwXPBw9Ja0.jpg

Here daylight picture - cars' plates not recognizable, overall picture is quite dark. Visible compression.

There's too much sky in this image. it's dominating the exposure, so the vehicles are underexposed. Try angling the camera downwards, so that approximately 65% of the image is below the horizon. Example...

Skip to 13mins 50secs.

OMFG...been busy running rounds, some idiot really tried to squeeze others, them me to get in to the lane, furiously grabbed, wanted to push save button...cam wasn't on.. wriggled cable, turned on, but looked at the sky and "audiknob" turned to the right...
in short- no footage and really wanted to save it and share it, but anyway, it fell down in to footwell, I pulled up and nearly cried
ZZCCNUG.jpg

aeq0fSG.jpg

Really loved it, worked just over a year flawlessly, hardly had ever been of real use, only few videos ever where checked, but it was there.
Anybody done repairs to this type of broken mounting/frame?
already considered of gluing it to the suction mount, but it will end way too low, because the matt plastic coating at the top of screen wouldn't, so ...
Ideas?
HELP!!!!!

Sorry to hear about this accident, but there is always a DIY way to fix it.
I would recommend to fill that gap with strong epoxy-glue and glue on top a 1/4inch tripod nut, then you can use any suction and other mounts which are meant for to be used on devices which has a tripod nut ( GoPro, digital cameras etc ).

Sorry to hear about this accident, but there is always a DIY way to fix it.
I would recommend to fill that gap with strong epoxy-glue and glue on top a 1/4inch tripod nut, then you can use any suction and other mounts which are meant for to be used on devices which has a tripod nut ( GoPro, digital cameras etc ).
Excellent, thanks... only thus in US, I will be lost without it for month, before it would turn up, googling for the same in UK

hmhm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00L25GFVAgot me thinking (DANGER ALERT) :D

and so, I put my sensible hat on and DID buy this one ;)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B009HL6W3C

Last edited:
@BMbler, The mounting slot on my GT680W broke the same way. An easy thing you can do is to just glue in any standard 1/4-20 threaded hex nut to the top of the camera and then you can use any tripod mount you wish on the camera.
hex-nut.jpg

@BMbler, The mounting slot on my GT680W broke the same way. Any easy thing you can do is to just glue in any standard 1/4-20 threaded hex nut to the top of the camera and then you can use any tripod mount you wish on the camera.
View attachment 20117
This was also my idea "back then a while ago", but by my surprise two local harware stores didnt had them in stock and instead on wasting time and diesel on driving around and search I ordered online. Yeah, I can be "lazy-convenient, practical ?" some time [emoji6] .

whoa...moral would be:
never, ever do nothing in rage of emotions
Still fuming over everything... bit lost, though I think the Niko suggested and I bought might look better (as if it matters)
and going to have to dig in a storage box where all of the mounts and bits are, if I need mount, as I think I had one for the screw type....

whoa...moral would be:
never, ever do nothing in rage of emotions
Still fuming over everything... bit lost, though I think the Niko suggested and I bought might look better (as if it matters)
and going to have to dig in a storage box where all of the mounts and bits are, if I need mount, as I think I had one for the screw type....

Believe me, you are not he only one. I had and till do the same: - fist I click "buy it now", then next day I discover in my drawers or storage "by accident" ..... oh damn, I have this plug / cord / cable /nut. It's a guys thing ;)

This was also my idea "back then a while ago", but by my surprise two local harware stores didnt had them in stock and instead on wasting time and diesel on driving around and search I ordered online. Yeah, I can be "lazy-convenient, practical ?" some time [emoji6] .

I know the feeling , especially living in a rural area where it can be a long drive to a store that has what I need. (or might not have)

I know the feeling , especially living in a rural area where it can be a long drive to a store that has what I need. (or might not have)

My "local store" is my attic and drawers which I should check before going on-line or retail shopping :)

Back