Shadow GT680W

Youtube videos gives some overall overview of the video quality but not full 100% true result. In many cases what you see on youtube meets expectations but not always. Some time you can see cheap cameras videos looks good on youtube but not in real life, or opposite.

Within 100usd budger my top picks are: gt300w, gt450w, gt550w and gt680w. Just difference in design.
From video and reliability point of view they are the same. Gt680w is the smallest one from all of others above mentioned, so if mini size also important for yoy, go with gt680w.

Youtube videos gives some overall overview of the video quality but not full 100% true result. In many cases what you see on youtube meets expectations but not always. Some time you can see cheap cameras videos looks good on youtube but not in real life, or opposite.

Within 100usd budger my top picks are: gt300w, gt450w, gt550w and gt680w. Just difference in design.
From video and reliability point of view they are the same. Gt680w is the smallest one from all of others above mentioned, so if mini size also important for yoy, go with gt680w.

Thanks Niko, I heard you got the GT680W right? Does it look same as youtube?

Thanks Niko, I heard you got the GT680W right? Does it look same as youtube?

Yes, have gt680w and video quality is very good, same as rest of the series: dod ls300w, gt300w, gt450w.

I have added few post earlier a raw files to download. Will be adding more day / night raw files soon, also side by side comparison tests with other dash cams from same category.
Small advice: when yoy will be ordering it, ask to send you with latest firmware. I have got mine with gps and firmware is v2.5, producing 15Mbps. Earlier firmwares produce 12Mbps.

Do if I order it from " " with a GPS I will getting the V2.5 15Mbps!?
Hi Pong, I did not realise the GT550W came with a GPS option, did you mean the GT680W?
I ordered the GT680W with GPS from foxoffer on the 5th October and they have confirmed that it will come with V2.5. If you use the 'contact us' option on their website they answer pretty quickly.

Hi Pong, I did not realise the GT550W came with a GPS option, did you mean the GT680W?
I ordered the GT680W with GPS from foxoffer on the 5th October and they have confirmed that it will come with V2.5. If you use the 'contact us' option on their website they answer pretty quickly.

Yes you are right I put the wrong link there suppose " " , and yes they reply REALLY FAST....

Thank You
-PONG

New firmware version released, the menu updated and support multiple language(English, Russian, Polish, Spanish,German,Italian, etc..

Attachments

• IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0868.JPG
    IMG_0868.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 36
THanks.
What is latest firmware firmware version ?
Latest firmware version was 2.7G. But, now, new firmware is 2.2G

Last edited:
Latest firmware version was 2.7G. But, now, new firmware is 2.2G

Probably 2.7G was beta version for tests purpose and it did not worked well ( my speculations ), thats why maybe they reverted to more stable 2.2g?

I have 2.5 but still gps readings need to be worked on. Other than that its a trully great dash cam. I will be posting more reviews and tests soon.

Probably 2.7G was beta version for tests purpose and it did not worked well ( my speculations ), thats why maybe they reverted to more stable 2.2g?

I have 2.5 but still gps readings need to be worked on. Other than that its a trully great dash cam. I will be posting more reviews and tests soon.
10 days ago stabil version was 2.6G. Will you use new 2.2g for your GT680W ?

10 days ago stabil version was 2.6G. Will you use new 2.2g for your GT680W ?

I will try to test all other available firmwares soon to see if gps issue is sorted.

I will try to test all other available firmwares soon to see if gps issue is sorted.
Hi,
I am a bit lost here, I have ordered a GT680W and foxoffer have confirmed it comes with V2.5 firmware which they say is the latest firmware, is V2.2G or V2.6G more up to date? or which is actually the most up to date.
cheers :confused:

Hi,
I am a bit lost here, I have ordered a GT680W and foxoffer have confirmed it comes with V2.5 firmware which they say is the latest firmware, is V2.2G or V2.6G more up to date? or which is actually the most up to date.
cheers :confused:

V2.6g is higher serial number but it might was a beta ( test ) firmware, not official. So probably official is at the moment 2.5

Thanks Niko! I'm having the GPS not locking on issue since day 1.

Hope your testing will reveal a firmware version that resolves this GPS issue.

Other than that, this car cam day video is very good, and the fisheye did not distort the sharpness on both sides..

For the night video, still has snowy flakes, but quite clear.. tho not sharp for further away scenes...

jchantw
What is your firmware version?

Sorry for the confuse, now v2.2G is the latest.

So, you recommend to downgrade v2.5g to v2.2g in order to get gps issue fixed ?

jchantw
What is your firmware version?

Ver 2.4G.

I was in communication with Foxoffer support team, and they also mentioned the retro V2.2G as latest..

I'm gonna try this firmware out tonight and see if the GPS will work...

Niko, in previous posts, I thought your GPS is working? Do you also have GPS not locking on issue or is it some other GPS problem?

Back