Shadow RX300

How to do this?
Unfortunately I did not document anything with photos or video, but basically I purchased similar mount to GT680W mount (exactly the same suction plate locking mechanism, which I prefer). Took the RX300 mount and disassembled the top portion with suction cup without breaking anything. Simply took off that round plastic plate and pulled out all the guts along with suction cup, leaving only plastic dome attached to that little plastic rectangular RX300 locking piece. The mount I purchased costed me $9 CAD at CanadaComputers. Again, did not have to break or cut anything. Simply used existing dial to unscrew the head (cellphone holder) and through the existing hole in RX300 dome, attached those two pieces from two different mounts, and ended up with one fully functional , high quality RX300 suction cup mount. Again I wish I documented the whole process. I will at least try to find the box and the head that I removed from the mount I purchased at the store, so you can see which mount I used for this.

EDIT: here is couple of photos of the mount I used to turn into RX300. Sorry, photos are not the best, I took them with my cell phone camera.

This is the packaging for this particular model I used...

HO3Oi9v.jpg

This is the universal cell phone head (I detached it, did not need it for this DIY) with sticky material... As you can see, nothing is broken, simply detached it from the base, and used that base to attach RX300 locking mechanism portion to it.
LeKsdlC.jpg

This is the shot where you can see how that sticky head looks like, front shot...
VCc0phk.jpg

As I already mentioned, I'm sorry I don't have the end result mount here at the moment, it's in my van, but you get the picture. It's possible to make it without breaking anything, you just have to use another good mount that would be simplest to adjust it to work with RX300. Some DIY is required, of course.

Last edited:
OK, I just realized I took a photo of the universal cell phone mount (Gripgo) box from weird angle. This angle doesn't really show how this mount I purchased and used in this DIY conversion to RX300 compatible mount looks like. There is couple of different arms they're selling with this Gripgo mount. One is like from that image up there, fixed and not very flexible, another one is also kind of fixed arm but little more flexible, and I went with fully flexible and bendable arm. Opposite side of the box that I took a photo of, is actually showing the exact mount I have here. I am at work now, so I can't take another photo of the box since I left it at home, but here is a picture of how this mount looks like before I converted it. I won't say "turned it into RX300 mount" since I did not destroy the original one with this procedure... this method I used is fully reversible, you can make it back to cell phone mount anytime you wish. It's just a little dial screw away.

NWdmWsU.jpg

And I just took couple of photos of this mount and what I did to convert it so it's RX300 compatible. Some might argue, it's not the prettiest looking mount, but I am assuring you it's one of the sturdiest you can find. Just make sure if you're doing this with this bendable type, to bent that arm and make it as short as possible. Longer the arm, more vibration your camera will pick up. It's possible to cut that arm too, and install it back to the base, but as I mentioned earlier, I did not want to destroy anything. This conversion is fully reversible, making possible to use this mount as RX300 one, or back as cell phone windshield mount.

YsB2s11.jpg

01e4Gzj.jpg

pRgkN0m.jpg

nSt5fEQ.jpg

Y7qRYQE.jpg

riHIr3j.jpg

I've never heard anyone else having problems with RX300 locking up. It must be corrupt firmware installation. Have you tried flushing 2.3G again? Make sure your camera's battery is fully charged (just to play on a safe side). I had firmware v2.2G installed, downgraded from v2.3G just to test it. Both firmwares worked perfectly fine for me, and since the day one I purchased this camera, it never ever gave me a single problem, except compass screensaver sometimes sits on North (but correct compass information is still being saved properly, we tested it in Driving Recorder). I am not even using screensaver anymore, so that thing is less than minor problem for me.

GT680W is a great little camera too, but the fact that doesn't have battery powerful enough to keep your dash cam on and recording when unplugged from lighter plug in your car, threw me away from it. Say one example... God forbid you're in a bad accident where your car battery completely got disconnected, or any other reason for losing power in your car. You dash cam stops recording instantly... but even bigger problem is, if it stops recording so abruptly, it could easily result in corrupt video file without any possibility for recovery. Not very good in case your evidence simply disappears. RX300 keeps recording and that's what I love the most when it comes to RX300.

Hmm, will try reloading 2.3G, thanks. Does seem more like a firmware problem than a hardware problem.

Hi. Just got my rx300 from foxoffer. So far good except for one of the mount release tab broke. I have to let them know about to see if they will replaced. good thing it came with (2) mounts.

Anyway here is my question.

Is it possible to use the kit below for the rx300 to route to a hot in start fuse to bypass cigarette lighter power plug? I would like to do this that way no one can remove it from the lighter specially when a car is being serviced by a repair shop.

http://thedashcamstore.com/dashcam-installation-kit-5-volt-usb-plug-mini-fuse/

If not has anyone tried this? What about just cutting the lighter cable and using the fuse adapter like below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0002BGELQ

Last edited:
Hmm, will try reloading 2.3G, thanks. Does seem more like a firmware problem than a hardware problem.
Great. Let us know how it goes. If you're having trouble updating, my signature contains simple how-to. It's really weird they decided not to provide any, not even slightest notification when camera is updating... At least led light codes or something. So, when you're updating, there will be a point when it looks like absolutely nothing is happening. Kind of frightening since it looks like it's bricked... But, fortunately, everything is OK. Do not under any circumstances, try to interact with buttons on your camera. Just let it finish updating, and once it's done, you'll be greeted with that intro sound, and your camera will turn on. Check the firmware version.

Good luck johnf!

Great. Let us know how it goes. If you're having trouble updating, my signature contains simple how-to. It's really weird they decided not to provide any, not even slightest notification when camera is updating... At least led light codes or something. So, when you're updating, there will be a point when it looks like absolutely nothing is happening. Kind of frightening since it looks like it's bricked... But, fortunately, everything is OK. Do not under any circumstances, try to interact with buttons on your camera. Just let it finish updating, and once it's done, you'll be greeted with that intro sound, and your camera will turn on. Check the firmware version.

Good luck johnf!
I really appreciate your help with this, many thanks.

Is there any software that can be use to read the video files on a mac, thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah if with GPS the have a look at dashcam viewer, the RX300 may not be supported yet but the developer is keen to add support for additional models

saha3uga.jpg

Getting impatient, it's just sitting in HK since Saturday.
After digging around this is what I find.
Any stories about DHL Delays you hear from your HK or China Suppliers are C+rap. what happens is the following:

1. You order your item(s) from your China HK Supplier

2. they pack and get your order ready for dispatch and record a DHL Tracking number( you receive a shipment information received on the tracking page, but has not been picked up by DHL)

3. The wholesaler USES A THIRD PARTY COURIER that collects a number of orders from various wholesalers.

4. Once the Courier has x amount of orders they will contact DHL TO COLLECT X AMOUNT OF PACKAGES. ( in order to get the discount for bulk booking )

5. DHL collects a number of packages from said courier.

If your package is the 1st the courier picks up then I am afraid you could wait up to 5 days until its collected by DHL.

Once your get a notification of Shipment Notification Received this is simply that the wholesaler has packed your item(s).

God knows , when dhl will pick up my courier.

Last edited:
Is there any software that can be use to read the video files on a mac, thx

Consider trying MPlayerX on your Mac. It's free. It has some nice features not available on Quicktime Player or VLC such as gesture based Multi-touch controls for viewing (pinch, swipe, tap). Like VLC it can handled any possible video format you throw at it and it has a very cool built-in viewer for YouTube that allows you to watch YouTube video directly in higher quality than in a web browser.

Last edited:
Back to square one after 10 days , Saddle has changed the tracking number and it still hasn't been shipped out

Attachments

• aaaa.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 13
Back to square one after 10 days , Saddle has changed the tracking number and it still hasn't been shipped out
This is insane. By the time you receive this dash cam, it will already be outdated and you will have to order another one from their site :)
Did you get in touch with someone from FoxOffer? It is not normal that after all that time, package hasn't even left Hong Kong.

Did you get in touch with someone from FoxOffer? It is not normal that after all that time, package hasn't even left Hong Kong.

Oh this wasn't ordered from foxoffer.
It was ordered from Saddle seller on Aliexpress as fox was refusing to ship to India. Saddle appeared to be registered as a good seller according to feedback I read here on the forum.

mesategu.jpg

Finally got the RX300 today.
Now need to check it out after a long wait.
It seems to be on firmware version 3.7G
y4a6u4yn.jpg

Last edited:
That's great news abishek. Good luck with your new dash cam. Is GPS module treating you well?

Look at that firmware version, VN3.7G. SeeZeus is all over the place. In another thread, another customer posted a photo of v3.4G. Most of us are stuck with 2.3G or even 2.2G.

This is a mess! SeeZeus really needs to fix this. We need Firmware updates, downloads page... With all changes and bugfixes listed, we have all rights to be informed as paying customers.

SeeZeus, are you reading this? Anyone from the company, polite enough to get in touch with us regarding this subject?

Back