Shenzhen DOME--- [Leading Manufacturer of Car DVR] -- Brand/OEM/ODM

What is that most famous device of your company?

• GS8000/DM900

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • G1W

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
Bosch G-Sensor maybe?

I've noticed a fair few items from China saying they're European styled etc - I guess it's a big thing out there at the moment?

I was just about to say does that mean LDWS and FCWS etc - I've got to admit like Jokiin says I turn it all off - the first time I heard LDWS kick in I thought the camera was broken!

I guess it's hard for the Chinese guys as if someone else has a function and says they can do something then it's like keeping up with the Jones' and they all try to do it!

I remove all the useless crap, the engineers can't understand why I want features removed but they're only features if they work, gimmicks devalue a product

I remove all the useless crap, the engineers can't understand why I want features removed but they're only features if they work, gimmicks devalue a product
If to put few dozens of led-light strips, "Turbo-stickers" and other "bling-bling on car, it doesnt make it faster.
Thats why they strip down from rally cars all useless sh_t and keep only needed components. Same should be with dashcams. Most important is performance, keep only vital useful functions and high quality video result. Rest is useless.

But some of options are selling the product.
On some camera I had Motion Detect which wasn't working great but helped me in some situations. Was there when needed it.

I expect all 1080p cameras to record in good conditions also 720p. When I bought a 1080p camera I was thinking 720p to be there and even 480p. Last summer I used a camera which was powered by 5V (a power bank) as a security camera and chose 480p because I needed more minutes on the card.

I think the reason of IR lights for rear camera is because there is always almost dark and buyers are thinking what will they see if dark, no car lights? And buyers expect to see something also on the rear camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

But some of options are selling the product.
On some camera I had Motion Detect which wasn't working great but helped me in some situations. Was there when needed it.

I expect all 1080p cameras to record in good conditions also 720p. When I bought a 1080p camera I was thinking 720p to be there and even 480p. Last summer I used a camera which was powered by 5V (a power bank) as a security camera and chose 480p because I needed more minutes on the card.

I think the reason of IR lights for rear camera is because there is always almost dark and buyers are thinking what will they see if dark, no car lights? And buyers expect to see something also on the rear camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, most what you named are useful for dashcams, but those which are useless, must not be used and not advertised like "LDWS, FCWS", IR Leds, air-purifier, and son on. All that useless cr_p just confuses an "average Joe" when he makes his first of second purchase. Only to keep those which can perform well inside dashcam.

if a function works properly I'll leave it, if it doesn't, or it just doesn't make sense, then I remove it

Yes, most what you named are useful for dashcams, but those which are useless, must not be used and not advertised like "LDWS, FCWS", IR Leds, air-purifier, and son on. All that useless cr_p just confuses an "average Joe" when he makes his first of second purchase..

first time buyer often buys on price and the features list, not really our market

Reactions: Mtz
I'm guessing this is the IMX322 camera Fandy? I'm guessing so from the F stop?

I'm really looking forward to seeing the sample videos of this one :)

What does ADAS mean?

Aidan, it is not made of IMX322, which is not what you are interested.

It is not a bad, but good choice sometimes.

I like what Mercedes is doing

FF to 12:06

And i like what Intel is playing with too, though it will empower big Brother even more.

What Intel is doing is kinda what i would like dashcams to do with licenceplates and events in front of the camera / cameras.

Cool Black Video Recorder
1. 1080P Full HD
2. WIFI, 30 meters straight line real-time control
3. Waterproof IPX6

Strange, one ( main ) picture of the product is gone from your first post, why ?

Sb is talking shouldn't attach a Chinese Version Poster (English is the Communication language here), so I delete it.

Sb is talking shouldn't attach a Chinese Version Poster (English is the Communication language here), so I delete it.

I dont see anything wrong if you attach Chinese Version Posters, IF you will add a short description / technical specs list into your post. Then all should be fine.

I dont see anything wrong if you attach Chinese Version Posters, IF you will add a short description / technical specs list into your post. Then all should be fine.

Yes, I make a New One. ;)

You can edit your first post and put there the english picture and write also some description.

About ADAS:
I tested only LCWS on another dashcam. It is announcing too late, is almost useless. There is some warning to the camera screen and an audio warning.
You have 6 warning features. I hope these can be implemented OK because if not, when is a lot of traffic the camera will warn too often and with too many warning sounds the driver to not feel comfortable.
I think the best option is to enable/disable one by one and let the driver which warning feature wants.

Without testing ADAS I think is good only for marketing, sale purposes (like night vision for dashcams). The best for all is if ADAS will really work as expected.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back