Should I go with the BlackVue DR750S

makaosant

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have followed this sub for quite a while and have checked out the side bar. I am almost decided on buying the BlackVue DR750S-2CH (dual), but I’m starting to question whether it’s worth it for the price if I don’t benefit from all of the features. I am unsure of what would be a good alternative given my needs, or lack thereof. I like the DR750S for the day and night image quality, the video frame rate, the temperature ‘tolerance’ (capacitor), the small form-factor, the lack of an LCD, the iPhone app, and the positive ratings compared to all other cams. However, I don’t need the cloud capability and I don’t need parking mode. I live in a very rural area, and do not have internet access at home aside from a mobile hotspot with limited data. Therefore, the cloud capability is really useless to me. Also, I am self employed and this cam would be in a work truck that is running 95%+ of the time it is not parked at my home. My home is in a rural area, with my nearest neighbor approximately 1 mile away, so the risk of damage while parked at home is almost non-existent. It is very rare that I am in town or in a situation where I am risk of damage to my parked vehicle. Knowing all of that, does anyone have recommendations for a cheaper alternative to the DR750S-2CH that checks all of the boxes except for the cloud capability and parking mode?

Back