Shutter button replacement

nicojj

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
After replacing my LCD screen, I was glad to finally have a camera I could use -- until the shutter button died after a few days! I contacted Gitup and they sent me a replacement shutter button. Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this? Does it require soldering?

Do you mean the little PCB on top of the cam? It is held by three soldering spots at the main PCB. Everybody with a few soldering skills should be able to do it.
Tip: first put both parts in place into the housing, then it is no problem to find the exact position of the two parts.

After replacing my LCD screen, I was glad to finally have a camera I could use -- until the shutter button died after a few days! I contacted Gitup and they sent me a replacement shutter button. Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this? Does it require soldering?
Yes it does. I recently replaced the PCB on my Git 2 and the shutter button IC is soldered at three close-together points to the rear of the PCB. The shutter button IC rests in a little slot and then the PCB can be placed while you solder the three points . There is a you tube video by, I think DCT's, Techtronics 9000 , that is titled Git 2 complete disaaassembly which shows the interior layout. The job requires some skill. The rear case and screen assembly must be handled with care because the WIFI wire is easily broken at the antenna at the rear case top. I suggest a PM to Techtronics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the replies and tips! Soldering is beyond my capabilities and I have just unfortunately broken the wifi wire after the nth time of opening the camera. I guess it will be a paperweight until such time (if) I can find someone who can fix it. A shame, I did like it better than my older SJCam, but I didn't get to enjoy this one much before it gave me a lot more trouble.

Back