Sj6 legend firmware update

Khal

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Sjcam SJ6 Legend
I just realized I'm running the version 1.44 on my SJ6 Legend and there's a new version out (v. 1.47). I tried to update via the app but I don't get any option to update the firmware. The app itself is up to date.
Is this update only done by downloading the file and installing it manually?

I just realized I'm running the version 1.44 on my SJ6 Legend and there's a new version out (v. 1.47). I tried to update via the app but I don't get any option to update the firmware. The app itself is up to date.
Is this update only done by downloading the file and installing it manually?
Upgrade via app is currently not working. You need to upgrade to v1.4.6 and then you can upgrade to v1.4.7 via app. Where did you see v1.4.7 by the way?

Okay thanks. I just checked again it was v1.46 sorry my mistake.

"NOTE:
On SJ6 Legend cameras that have not been updated before, you might need to install the Loader file first, for the update to work.
Please install the file LD9666.bin found at the bottom of this page first. Then follow all the procedures above again."

I never updated through the website before just once through the app. Do I need to install the loader file first?

"NOTE:
On SJ6 Legend cameras that have not been updated before, you might need to install the Loader file first, for the update to work.
Please install the file LD9666.bin found at the bottom of this page first. Then follow all the procedures above again."

I never updated through the website before just once through the app. Do I need to install the loader file first?
yes, please use the loader app.

Feel free to open a support ticket here: support.sjcamhd.com

How do I install the the file LD9666.bin on my mac? What must I do?

1. After the connection to HDMI, the touch can not operate, so can not enter the playback problem
2. After connecting HDMI shutdown, turn off the LOGO display anti-90 degrees
3. increase the touch wizard, restore the default or upgrade after the first boot, there will be a touch wizard interface, guide the user to know what the main interface gestures and what operations
4. Added function: to restore the default settings, return to normal video mode, and prompted to touch the wizard
5. Solution to open the FPV, even connected to HDMI, will lead to crash problems, because HDMI and TV can not output at the same time can only output a video stream
6. Increased ISO 3200 manual control
7. to solve the closure of the cycle of video, the video to the card after the card full of tips have not disappeared, can not operate the TP problem
8. Optimize the function can not be effective at the same time, the menu to increase the gray background, such as open the gyroscope, FOV and fish eye correction menu becomes gray, then click on the button can not enter the secondary menu or button OK button can not enter the secondary menu
9. In the menu under the two menu, press the power button down options, this time if the slide TP, press the power button down, there will be a disorder problem
10. Set the camera to set the camera mode, the photo set to 12M, and then shut down; and then boot, and then open the wifi, mobile phone camera wifi, camera crash
11. Under the Optimize menu, click into the secondary menu and the response speed returned after the second menu selection
12. Optimize left and right sliding switch mode speed and camera busy tips too frequently to solve the problem, after optimization, sliding switching mode should be faster than before 2 to 3 times
13. solve the problem: in the camera mode, select the watermark off, take pictures out of the picture will still have watermark information

Editing this changelog now.... changelog and firmware will be ready shortly

Also in my sj6 it's impossible to update to 1.4.8: now the cam work with the version 1.4.4 of the firmware, but i would update to 1.4.8: i followed the procedure, downloading loader and firmware, both 1.4.6. and 1.4.8, but any time work correctly as here:
surely i made some mistake, could help me?

sj6 legend (no air) , never updated

Also in my sj6 it's impossible to update to 1.4.8: now the cam work with the version 1.4.4 of the firmware, but i would update to 1.4.8: i followed the procedure, downloading loader and firmware, both 1.4.6. and 1.4.8, but any time work correctly as here:
surely i made some mistake, could help me?

sj6 legend (no air) , never updated

please try installing the loader file.... it should be on the fw page on support.sjcam.com if not, please create a support ticket.

Thanks!

i don't know what's the problem, i follow all the instructions but nothing, after inserting the card in the slot the cam starts like every time, as if was inserted a empty card... I tried in every way, with the file sjcam.bin 1.4.6, 1.4.8, with the name changed in sjcam001.bin, with the loader LD96660A.bin, without the loader, before the 1.4.6 and after the 1.4.8, i tried through the app SJCAM, with the app sjcam https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jght.sjcam.zone, with the app sjcam hd https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jght.sjcam but nothing, the cam remain with the firmware 1.4.4. A question: when i insert the card in the slot, i have to push the power button until the sjcam logo appears on the lcd screen?

i don't know what's the problem, i follow all the instructions but nothing, after inserting the card in the slot the cam starts like every time, as if was inserted a empty card... I tried in every way, with the file sjcam.bin 1.4.6, 1.4.8, with the name changed in sjcam001.bin, with the loader LD96660A.bin, without the loader, before the 1.4.6 and after the 1.4.8, i tried through the app SJCAM, with the app sjcam https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jght.sjcam.zone, with the app sjcam hd https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jght.sjcam but nothing, the cam remain with the firmware 1.4.4. A question: when i insert the card in the slot, i have to push the power button until the sjcam logo appears on the lcd screen?

Please open a ticket at support.sjcam.com please address it to Isaacs.

Thanks!

SJ6 Legend v1.4.9 and SJ6 Air firmware has been uploaded to the SJCAM Support page.

I have grabbed the SJ6 Legend firmware, the air i cant do much about as its on its way to Australia.
I lend it to a friend in the hope she will get some stunning footage down there, she will if she use it in selfie mode ;) but i hope she also catch some other pretty footage :D
The SJ 6 Air will be back in a few months.

I have grabbed the SJ6 Legend firmware, the air i cant do much about as its on its way to Australia.
I lend it to a friend in the hope she will get some stunning footage down there, she will if she use it in selfie mode ;) but i hope she also catch some other pretty footage :D
The SJ 6 Air will be back in a few months.
Wow, your SJ6 Legend and Sj6 Air really get around!

She is a pretty girl and a nice person, so hard for a lifelong bachelor like me to say no :D i do hope she get some good footage to share with me and the world, supplied here with the WP case and a selfie pole too, so she are ready to go.

I wish it was me going to Australia, but i have to stay in frigid old Denmark ( below freezing the past 2 days and when sun come up temps dont get higher than 6-7 degrees )

SJ7 footage from yesterday.

Im heading off to the rain forest in a few minutes with the legend and the SJ7, but its artificial lighting in the large greenhouse today, its grey outside and it should rain more or less all day.

Great! cannot wait to see the #SJSafari!
Im heading off to the rain forest in a few minutes with the legend and the SJ7, but its artificial lighting in the large greenhouse today, its grey outside and it should rain more or less all day.

Back