SJ8 Pro 4k@60fps, SJ8 Plus 4K@30fps, SJ8 Air Coming Soon!

More updates coming soon.... :)

so, a month has passed since your last message. Can we please get some updates on the release date? I'm hoping it will come out before my snowboarding trip or I'll have to go for the YI 4K+.

so, a month has passed since your last message. Can we please get some updates on the release date? I'm hoping it will come out before my snowboarding trip or I'll have to go for the YI 4K+.
Hello, SJ8 Pro will be released after the Chinese New Year....

Can you please share the estimated launch schedule like within Feb or Mar?

SJ8 Pro will be released after the Chinese New Year

So that's end of February if my Chinese calendar are not too far off ( me horse / AUG 1966 )
Are you sure that's release and not just production start ?

I was not expecting it that early,,,,,, very exiting (y)

So that's end of February if my Chinese calendar are not too far off ( me horse / AUG 1966 )
Are you sure that's release and not just production start ?

I was not expecting it that early,,,,,, very exiting (y)
Okay, for the SJ8 Series, we will wait until all the models are ready to ship (everything is fixed), before shipping.... this is quite a change and I actually welcome this. I am guessing around 3 months tho....

When will SJ8 series release? Check this SJ8 blog

Sounds better, no need to rush things.

Dual wifi ?? you mean 2.4 and 5.8 GHZ

It is about time cameras get faster wifi for sure, though i would never use it personally at least not for anything else but setup and maybe remote start / stop.

The Yi 4k plus I just ordered from Amazon is advertised as having dual band WiFi like the Hero' s 5 and 6.
5.0, yes the 5g allows faster streaming and in a WiFi crowded local ,a stronger signal. My Google Nexus 2013,2nd.gen.tablet has dual WiFi and seeks the stronger signal!
Do you have Broadband there?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm unhappy, early, "leaked" info about sj8 said it would have GPS.
Sjcam official said before their lunar holiday that the GPS would not be a feature!
Thumbs down!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen the SJ8 pro mentioned some places to have dualband wifi, and really it should have.
Not sure if this feature are there as part of a wifi modem or as part of the SOC having this feature.

Whatever it is going to be i will believe it when i see it in my hand.

Yes, but i am a sucker for wires and a hater of wifi, but its there alright.

Screenshot_20180225-202307[1].jpg

@sjcam_official, will all the accessories for the SJ7 work with the SJ8? Are the SJ7 and SJ8 the same body size and positions of lens and buttons? What size CPL will fit on the SJ8?

Does the SJ8 support dashcam features such that it will turn on and autonatically record when power is given through the USB cable? Can the SJ8 automatically delete/overwrite oldest files when the SD card is full? Does the SJ8 work without the battery installed while the USB cable is plugged in?

No not all of them, what screw on will be fine i recon, but things like WP case and so will be different.
Unsure if it will have dashcam features, but its not recommended to use like that, one of the guys literally melted his SJ7 star, and this was in the UK that's not really known for its stunning warm summers.

Though the SJ8 will be on newer hardware i have a sneaky feeling that it will also not run cold while recording.

Hope we will get the low down on the SJ8 pro soon, it have me pretty exited though i will not be able to buy one as 2018 are already financially FUBAR for the rest of the year.

The Sj8 has a much larger touchscreen, almost certain its waterproof case will be larger and probably the waterproof case lens assembly also!

Whats happening guys ? SJcam seem awe-full quiet lately.

All hands on deck with the new models ?

I just got to know there is SJCAM gimbal. We may be able to use SJ7 with the gimbal?

Yes i think the SJgimbal was made for the "old" cameras SJ7 & 6, the new 8 series should work with it too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar SJ8 2
kamkar SJ8 12
TechTronic9000 SJ8 5
Back