SJ8 Pro 4k@60fps, SJ8 Plus 4K@30fps, SJ8 Air Coming Soon!

Yeah; actually my question was for SJ8. There is some dimension difference as follows.

SJ7: 60 × 41 x 24.7
SJ8: 70 x 40 x 30

I just fell over a little SJ8 pro footage 4K/60

A bit shakey due to walking and not using EIS/gyro or gimbal so hard to judge.
But look promising enough to wish i will be able to get my hands on one.

Last edited:
The way the gimbal clamp on to the cameras i think the larger SJ8 will be good, but maybe some of the front LCD screen will be obscured by the clamp.
BUT i dont feel this is a big issue.

Lets hope SJcam officials can set things strait soon.

Last edited:
Even with a all hands on deck situation, there should be time to inform / spread the word.

Imagine a ship disaster where no one have the time to send out a SOS.

Er, I don't think so. When the S8 series is released, expect a big splash on at least the SJCam forums. So far, aside from a peek at the case and possibly some sample video (@kamkar1 - where did you find this?) - crickets.... nothing but the sound of crickets.

I wouldn't know about the sound, when i found those i was not wearing my headset.
I did comment on one of the videos asking for better ones.

Imagine a ship disaster where no one have the time to send out a SOS.

That might happen, and probably why all ships today have a EPIRB transmitter on a Hydrostatic release.

I wouldn't know about the sound, when i found those i was not wearing my headset.
I did comment on one of the videos asking for better ones.
"Crickets..." as in things are so silent from (in this case, SJCam) all one hears is crickets. It's a metaphor for "I haven't heard anything".

Som i tingene er så tavse fra (i dette tilfælde, SJCam) alt man hører er fårekyllinger. Det er en metafor for "Jeg har ikke hørt noget".

hey google translate got that one right. :)
I also struggle with the Americans love for Acronyms, where i mainly concentrated about the Military versions.
There are only so much you can do when you are so distanced from the subject, and you are 100% self taught,,, or at least 90%, cuz i did spend a little time in english class before i was kicked outside the door.

Very OT but... One of my favorite military acronyms (or abbreviations) is "tango uniform". "Tango" and "uniform" are words, for the radio, to clarify the letters T and U. So... "tango uniform" is a way avoid being not politically correct when describing something as seriously broken or otherwise not functioning: "ti*s up" (dead). For the timid, it's "toes up".

Thus, a Sierra Juliet 7 that won't work is pretty much tango uniform. [/laugh]

That might happen, and probably why all ships today have a EPIRB transmitter on a Hydrostatic release.
If you're fishing and get hit with a rogue wave of 100 feet the transmitter won't help in a thousand feet of water!! Scratch you off the map!

Actually the EPIRB will pop to surface if it's properly mounted - in the open. Which isn't to say it's a certainty that there will be survivers in this instance. Fortunately these waves aren't that common. The real demon is being broadside to a breaking wave. It's not the wave that's usually the problem. The rushing tumbled water has amazing force to it. That can roll a boat. It's only through grace we haven't encountered either in our sailing trips.

ADDED: This is really OT. Sorry about continuing with this.

SV One With The Wind clear (radio-ese for "I'm finished and I'm leaving the frequency"-There is no "over and out" except from dweebs and clueless TV & movie scripts)

Last edited:
I have looked into the deep cold dark north Atlantic south of Greenland, and my room was on the 1 floor over deck level.
For a moment the list must have been 45 degrees judging by the curtains on my porthole, and we lost deck cargo too.

Arina arctica took a pounding that day.
showphoto.aspx

One of the tankers i sailed on, its sister ship ( Build here at the now dead and gone Odense shipyard ) took a severe pounding on a trip from the US to Japan, after they discharged the cargo and got off again during tank cleaning they saw the front tanks was totally broken.
They had to return to Japan and have a new front of the ship build as the old one was totally twisted and battered from pounding the waves

Its problematic beeing a sailor when you cant even lie in your bunk but have to be tied to it to remain in it.

Then again the little sail boats, thats a whole other game and they sail the same seas.
Nordkaperen a boat belonging to a Danish explorer have sailed the 7 seas since 1967, i almost got on it when i was a kid.
So far it have logged a distance of 3 X around the world. ( steel ship build in Poland, in 67 it was used when he got it )
8b203b293f8520686e483b12fb3b7467.jpg

Then again Danes have gone far and wide, in some even more rickety ships, this one i think even sailed to the US and back.

574831_605_0_0_0_0_0_4.jpg

Yep, or really in total mostly a ferry guy, as things turned out and with the deals Maersk made with the government, they dident have to use Danes on Danish ships, not even ones flying Danish flag.
Really sad i liked sailing "on the heat" and being out of Denmark 8 months of the year, but that was ruined.
Sailed with some old guys that told nice storied about arriving in Frisco during a strike, so nothing to do but rent a car and go see the states and then call back once in a while to hear if the ship was ready to depart, on the tankers we was in port for 2 days MAX, no place had the capacity for us pumping full power, otherwise the +200 M long ship would be empty in 9 hours.
And in the old days a tanker like the ones i was on had 35 - 40 men on board, when i was there they had 17 in total and it is even less now with 1 man operated bridges, so no need for lookout.

V.scary to encounter a Panamax container ship with a crew of maybe a half dozen (the ship's heavily automated and the crew can't do jack about containers if the get loose), who a) barely speak English and b) may or may not be keeping a good watch. The saving grace is usually they show up on AIS and there's a fair plot of where to go where they're not going to be.

And if one container goes, usually a bunch do. Some sink (don't want to know what methyl-ethyl-bad-stuff is in them) and some are just a touch on the buoyant side, which means you won't see one, during the day, until it's almost too late. At night... hope the EPIRB's battery works. They're too low in the water for radar to spot them. Even if it does, it's hard to tell their returns from wave clutter. We had some scares (USCG reporting some in x by y location) but never tagged one. The joys of even coastal cruising...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar SJ8 2
kamkar SJ8 12
TechTronic9000 SJ8 5
Back