SJ8 Pro 4k@60fps, SJ8 Plus 4K@30fps, SJ8 Air Coming Soon!

I wish i was able to keep up with the technology i care about, but that's a done deal for me by now.
4K for sure are nice, not least for a person that been along for the ride since the beginning, and the monster size TVs for sure would be easy on my tired old eyes.
Though cheap or not i cant justify spending so much on something as a TV which truth be told i dont get so much joy from anymore, i think when the current one go bust then that's probably it for me, though recent news about TVs soon being able to be used for gaming monitors with all what that entail in this day and age.

Yes to the above, but improving technology means more opportunities for Big Brother's spying! They salivate over being able to watch us in our homes!

Indeed this have always worried me a lot, and also why i have to bypass many things.
We have a saying here " if everyone jump into the harbor, do you follow them ?"
Danes are probably the people in the world that have the most info stored on them, i am pretty sure if the American elite could get the same level of info on their plebs they would be more than happy, not to mention their enemies.
O and the info stored on us, well its pretty damn insecure stored and handled as documented by recent TV programs.

Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer.

Meh... Uncle Sam already has us nailed 50 ways from Sunday. What I do worry about is all of the bad actors on the 'net.

So far, my domain has been blacklisted twice (spammer forging mail from the domain). A Chinese company that sells fake Christmas trees has a domain that's almost the same as mine except for one letter. Anyway, that's the place I worry about more.

A little 8pro pool footage, kid do seem to love water :giggle:

Here's another Ukrainian SJ8 video, an unbox sequence.

At the end, there's a bit where the owner's manual is flipped through. With a little fiddling with the timing, it's possible to read the specs. page. There's no mention of GPS for the Pro. It may be stated somewhere else.

Here's a French quick look that, I suspect, was put together by SJCam. Hmmm... I just found the same video over another name.

One of the details it lists is voice commands, but no GPS.

This video seems to be the SJ8 product web pages. There are some interesting details towards the end.

I can't figure out whether not the camera and SJ7 case is compatible. The SJ7 battery may fit, at least the contacts are the same place. The SJ8 battery is rated at 1200 mAh vs. SJ7 at 1000 mAh.

In very loose terms, it looks as though the Pro, at least, is the SJ7 updated with a few new features. I wonder where this leaves the SJ7.

ADDED: In this video, the graphics refer to an external GPS capability. I have no idea about how that's implemented.

Last edited:
Yes i see no reason to carry on making SJ 7 as thats pretty muck like the Sj 8 plus, PRO - PLUS and AIR i think pretty much cover all the bases, so i would just dump my inventory and focus on those 3 models.

Not sure if its worth while to still carry any of the old ones and sell them in the low / really low price segment, personally i dont think i would do that.

PS there are now a Dl link in the pool video comments for Dl of the raw footage.

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L5.2
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=32
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 31 s 164 ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 60.0 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.241
Stream size : 223 MiB (93%)
Title : Ambarella AVC
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2018-04-26 10:36:48
Tagged date : UTC 2018-04-26 10:36:48
Color range : Full
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Duration : 31 s 147 ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Nominal bit rate : 48.0 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 487 KiB (0%)
Title : Ambarella AAC

Last edited:
Indeed this have always worried me a lot, and also why i have to bypass many things.
We have a saying here " if everyone jump into the harbor, do you follow them ?"
Danes are probably the people in the world that have the most info stored on them, i am pretty sure if the American elite could get the same level of info on their plebs they would be more than happy, not to mention their enemies.
O and the info stored on us, well its pretty damn insecure stored and handled as documented by recent TV programs.

Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer.
That's right, even in business, so you can keep an eye on them!

Yes i see no reason to carry on making SJ 7 as thats pretty muck like the Sj 8 plus, PRO - PLUS and AIR i think pretty much cover all the bases, so i would just dump my inventory and focus on those 3 models.

Not sure if its worth while to still carry any of the old ones and sell them in the low / really low price segment, personally i dont think i would do that.

PS there are now a Dl link in the pool video comments for Dl of the raw footage.

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L5.2
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=32
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 31 s 164 ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 60.0 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.241
Stream size : 223 MiB (93%)
Title : Ambarella AVC
Color range : Full
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Duration : 31 s 147 ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Nominal bit rate : 48.0 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 487 KiB (0%)
Title : Ambarella AAC
Too bad I have an sj7 that freezes and won't record in 1080p120fps, while 720p240fps is o.k.! Obviously a fw fail,no solution from sjcamhd!

I think your SJ7 are "special" recording 120FPS have never been a problem for me aside for the not always good looking footage depending on the FW you are on.

Okay i have never recorded long sessions in the high FPS modes, 3 - 5 minutes max i think.

I am going to visit my "girlfriend" with 4 legs tomorrow, and the plan are to bring the selfie pole and Sj7 again though weather dont look too promising.
Hope Fie will be a good little bitch tomorrow and obey her master in every way, last weekend was breathtaking though she normally behave +90% with me then going to 100 % on our last walk was still great.

I have no idea about how many SJ7's were sold, but it's probably enough to warrant at least wrapping up the FW with something reliable. For people who spent money on the SJ7, only to be told "sorry, gotta buy the Pro", that won't go down well. GP says "got an H5B? Sorry, must buy an H6B." Not a happy moment.

1080@120, based on what's in the SJCam forum, has been a problem since day one. That's the sort of stuff SJCam should clean up before the SJ7 reaches end-of-life.

If you do things, better do it right, otherwise dont even try.
My friend and i did 2 hours of what we call "Copenhagen work" this mean people over there in our capitol would rather do things twice cuz the first time the work was pretty much inadequate, but they will make the money for doing that #2 times and be happy about that, but here among us few sane Danes we prefer to just do out work #1 time, not cuz we are lazy but rather we still take a little pride in what we do.

Also just been debating a little Green, people think we Danes are Soooooo green and tree huggin, but if you look at Pr capita Co2 output we are still quite up there in the top.
And making data centers for global enterprises like facetwitt and Google ASO, well one of those data centers use as much power as one offshore wind farm generate, so with current data center building we are pretty much back to square #1 when it come to green energy.
And we all know those guys are not going to pay a dime in taxes here in Denmark, probably funnel something past us so we have to pay them to be here.

I have no idea about how many SJ7's were sold, but it's probably enough to warrant at least wrapping up the FW with something reliable. For people who spent money on the SJ7, only to be told "sorry, gotta buy the Pro", that won't go down well. GP says "got an H5B? Sorry, must buy an H6B." Not a happy moment.

unfortunately a lot of manufacturers base their support levels on what is going to sell today/tomorrow, regardless of how many sold yesterday

But sooner or later customers go elsewhere if the company won't back its products.

Or, to be cynical, they get whatever they can, and move on to something else.

I took another look at the SJ7 case. I think it's possible to drop the SJ8 into the Sj7 case after the SJ8's powered up. The challenge is going to be the switch on the side of camera. My guess is that's the power button. If the SJ8 won't power down when shifting from internal to external power and vice versa, the problem of the power button goes away. Turn the camera on, put it in the case, plug in the power cord, and life is good.

Also, I wonder if the existing remote control "watch" works with the SJ8. There's a hint, in the docs, that it might. That simplifies starting and stopping video.

If you do things, better do it right, otherwise dont even try.
My friend and i did 2 hours of what we call "Copenhagen work" this mean people over there in our capitol would rather do things twice cuz the first time the work was pretty much inadequate, but they will make the money for doing that #2 times and be happy about that, but here among us few sane Danes we prefer to just do out work #1 time, not cuz we are lazy but rather we still take a little pride in what we do.

Also just been debating a little Green, people think we Danes are Soooooo green and tree huggin, but if you look at Pr capita Co2 output we are still quite up there in the top.
And making data centers for global enterprises like facetwitt and Google ASO, well one of those data centers use as much power as one offshore wind farm generate, so with current data center building we are pretty much back to square #1 when it come to green energy.
And we all know those guys are not going to pay a dime in taxes here in Denmark, probably funnel something past us so we have to pay them to be here.
In the 1970's the left screamed that the new ice was going to wipe us out , today it's warming- same fabricated computer models saying what they want the models to say! The communists have taken this new lie to be their political mantra!

When my Git 2 failed to maintain time/ date , during main battery change because of the capacitor failure, Gitup replaced the PCB, just like they sent other replacements to other DCT members!. I replaced it and the camera was AOK!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar SJ8 2
kamkar SJ8 12
TechTronic9000 SJ8 5
Back