SJ8 Pro 4k@60fps, SJ8 Plus 4K@30fps, SJ8 Air Coming Soon!

:) i wish some local people would be as quiet as Sjcam are at the moment :)

I want that Sj8 out of the bag.
Chinese distributors are pre-selling the sj8, why is the company silent on our forum?
I'm not sure the rep that was on here previously is still with them

Argh well that could be a reason too, lets hope we get a new one in here, after all also a bit of action camera stuff going on in here too.

Or, maybe the forum is no longer important to sjcamhd??

so for interesting who else work with amba h22, yi and sjcam, no more?

There will probably be other action camera models using the Amba H22 . Yi 4k+ incorporates the more powerful Amba H2.

Amba will sell to anyone now Gopro have forsaken them.

There will probably be other action camera models using the Amba H22 . Yi 4k+ incorporates the more powerful Amba H2.
I think you'll see a thinning of the heard, action camera sales have been in decline for the past year or so, more than a few have already moved onto doing other products

Indeed the segment have seen a lot of contenders, still IMO i lot of them was pretty easy to bypass.

When Go pro slumped , Ambarella sought other business opportunity!

Smart phones are moving into this action recording market with better lenses(telephoto) and resolution improvements!

I think you'll see a thinning of the heard, action camera sales have been in decline for the past year or so, more than a few have already moved onto doing other products
It did not help that most of them didn't' stand behind their products!

I think a lot of the "me, too" producers tried to cash in on the GoPro excitement. Flooding the market produced fratricide, each maker took to much market share and... bye-bye. Of course they didn't any support infrastructure to speak of.

GoPro, according to an assessment that I'm inclined to accept, wasn't really all that advanced. They put together some gee whiz features, some of which have some use (e.g., GPS for tracking position in a video production) and that IMHO are almost silly (voice commands). But the imagery that I get from the Hero 5 Black is bad enough to move it to time lapse-only. IMHO at least the H5B is more sizzle (GPS, voice) than steak (imagery). Look at the grass, the trees in the distance, and pixilation in the road. Even the reflection of the map lacks read detail. No thanks.
i-nWmMWF2-X3.png

The idea of any phone seriously competing with a "real" camera strikes me as wishful thinking. NTL, multiple lenses, even real zooming is showing up. And that applies to video, too. But shooting from a bike (powered or not), skies, surfboard, etc. isn't likely to happen. Ditto for dash cams. Action cams probably won't vanish but will be a specialty item covered by a few companies.

Someone raised the idea of of license plate recognition in a dash cam. I guess using a smartphone would make that practical. Or not.

I'm hoping the SJ8 can top the SJ7 imagery, although that's probably harder then beating the H5B.

A new little video surfaced yesterday

Interestin' Too bad the opening is in something less than HD. I assume the rest is 4K@60 fps. It looks pretty good!

Not too shabby, but i am on a 1080p monitor and so are my TV so no chance of viewing it in 4K

Last years 4 K OLED TVs from LG are getting dumped to pave the way for 2018 series, but if i could get that kind of money ( 10.000 DKkr ) i would go for a computer upgrade.

I was working from a 17" laptop, not a 4K display. NTL the change in resolution, and lack of streaking, lead to thinking 4K@60 fps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar SJ8 2
kamkar SJ8 12
TechTronic9000 SJ8 5
Back