SJCAM M10+ Plus 2K Action Camera ***Owners Thread ***

No probs, been watching there videos for a while. Now hoping that a git 2 will be as good

Which camera won?

I've been testing the gyro stabilisation:

In these three videos the M10+ is mounted on a monopod which makes the job of the gyro a bit easier due to the increase in inertia. The monopod also keeps the horizon horizontal. When just hand held, the results are similar but it is easier to push it beyond it's limits and cause jumps in the movement.

Note, I have given all these videos a small increase in gamma and changed the colour balance slightly since the video from the camera is a little blue for my taste and the WDR appears to do nothing. I will post some raw unmodified video when I've done more testing, the screen shots at the end of the post are straight from the raw video.

First video: I gave it a simple job, just moving around gently, it produces smooth movement with a bit of inertia. The result is considerably better than without the gyro. In fact without the gyro I would have put the monopod on the ground to get a stable shot of each view and cut out the movement between views.

Second video: This is with the camera on full zoom, x4. The movement now has a little shakiness but it is still perfectly useable video. The x4 does produce a bit of noise at times and the image is not as sharp as expected.

I think the sharpness issue is just that the lens is poorly focused, it seems to be in good focus from 0.3m to 3m instead of 0.8m to infinity. I will take it apart and try to refocus it after I've done a bit more testing.

There is also a glitch just after the start where 1 frame of the video has no colour! Not impressed by that, maybe I need a faster memory card?

Third video: The 1st half is quick walking, 2nd half is running, no zoom until the very end.

The gyro does an excellent job, you couldn't do that with any computer software I've ever tried.

The lens flare is not so good, it is understandable walking directly into the sun with the sun low in the sky but the Git1 would just have a couple of small circles in that situation, this lens is not the best. Going back up the steps, there shouldn't be any lens flare, the problem is that the lens sticks out beyond the lens barrel so the sun can still get to it even though the camera is at 90 degrees to the sun and at that angle the sunlight bounces around off all the internal surfaces. Concrete walls can also get the lens if you happen to brush the camera against one while walking! I expect a lens barrel to protect the lens, this one fails.

There are a couple more glitches in this with dark flashes.

I like to be able to use a bit of zoom even if it doesn't give the best quality, that is one of the reasons for having a higher resolution sensor, I don't want it to put a beep on the soundtrack every time you use it though! And it doesn't have to zoom so fast that you can't stop it before you hit maximum!

There is quite a lot on this camera that needs tidying up and improving but the gyro stabilisation is very useful and works well, the picture quality is also reasonable and it is quite a nice camera to use, I like the shape. The lens needs better focus and those glitches need sorting but maybe those issues are just on my camera?

M10%2B%20Beach%20Art.png

M10%2B%20Geese.png

This is just 1 frame of the geese video, all the other frames are normal:
M10%2B%20Glitch.png

@Nigel
Nigel, I am curious if you managed to fix the focus? Both of my cameras seam to have both of the problems you were facing. Focus and black frames as well. I posted about it in another thread, but just seen now that you had same problem.

My two cent on the camera.
Video
Article with a bit more info, screenshots, specs table, comparison with earlier models, few words about common issues and improved waterproof case.

http://pevly.com/sjcam-m10-plus-review/

SJCAM M10+ v1.7 Firmware Changelog:

1. Fixes when low illumination and changing modes, the LCD will flicker.
2,Improves on White Balance
3,Improves on color - adds color options and values
4,Fixes after closing the Time-stamp, shooting 720p @120FPS & VGA 240FPS unit will crash

issue.
5,Fixes after turning GYRO On, changing modes the LCD screen shakes
6,Fixes when shooting 720p@120FPS Gyro is not functional; Please note: VGA 240FPS will not

support Gyro
7,Adds Volume adjustment menu for video
8,Adds Photo quality menu options
9,Adds Sharpness menu options
10, Adds Color options
11,Adds FOV options
12,Adds Underwater op
13,Adds file format option: Record in .MOV or MP4
14,Adds optional SJCAM logo option
15, Improves menu items order

Last edited:
Wow, great update, I'll test it soon.

A lot of improvements, I'll give some testing soon.

SJCAM M10+ v1.7 Firmware Changelog:

1. Fixes when low illumination and changing modes, the LCD will flicker.
2,Improves on White Balance
3,Improves on color - adds color options and values
4,Fixes after closing the Time-stamp, shooting 720p @120FPS & VGA 240FPS unit will crash

issue.
5,Fixes after turning GYRO On, changing modes the LCD screen shakes
6,Fixes when shooting 720p@120FPS Gyro is not functional; Please note: VGA 240FPS will not

support Gyro
8,Adds Photo quality menu options
9,Adds Sharpness menu options
10, Adds Color options
11,Adds FOV options
12,Adds Underwater op
13,Adds file format option: Record in .MOV or MP4
14,Adds optional SJCAM logo option
15, Improves menu items order

OK, I don't know if the update caused it or if it was unrelated fault, but it seems my M10+ is bricked. I had 1.6 installed, today I upgraded to 1.7 OK, confirmed in the settings that it shows new version, went to record a video (first time since firmware update) and it started beeping constantly. I could not stop it, turned it off and now when I turn it on (while disconnected from PC) the LED is faint blue and never boots. When I connect it to PC the light is flashing red then stays red, it is not detected by Windows at all. Nothing on the LCD of the camera. I have tried with different SD cards (and also none) but all the same.

This unit is only a couple of months old, I am very very disappointed!! :(

OK, I don't know if the update caused it or if it was unrelated fault, but it seems my M10+ is bricked. I had 1.6 installed, today I upgraded to 1.7 OK, confirmed in the settings that it shows new version, went to record a video (first time since firmware update) and it started beeping constantly. I could not stop it, turned it off and now when I turn it on (while disconnected from PC) the LED is faint blue and never boots. When I connect it to PC the light is flashing red then stays red, it is not detected by Windows at all. Nothing on the LCD of the camera. I have tried with different SD cards (and also none) but all the same.

This unit is only a couple of months old, I am very very disappointed!! :(

IT'S ALIVE!!! Crisis averted.
I tried removing/reinstalling the battery and attempting to re-flash it with the same firmware but it still wouldn't do anything different (just dim blue LED). Then I then reformatted the SD card in my PC, recopied the loader file and put it back in the camera & powered on, and this time the LED flashed differently (suggesting it updated something)!! I then immediately copied and re-flashed the 1.7 firmware AND IT WORKED.
The camera is back up and running. I believe maybe the original SD card used to flash (and test record onto) was too slow (or faulty). I dunno how this killed the cam, but it seems it's OK now.

Did you remove also the firmware from the card after the update, that may have been the problem the first time.

anybody using 64gb on M10+? will it work without any issue?

We have been looking for a webcam, PC-CAMERA, with an anti-shake stabilizer.
We hoped M10+ would be the first webcam that has the anti-shake stabilizer.
But we are so dissapointed the fact the the Gyro on M10+ plus doesn't work on PC-CAMERA mode.
Is there any chance SJCAM will release the one with anti-stabilizers that works on PC-CAMERA mode?

We have been looking for a webcam, PC-CAMERA, with an anti-shake stabilizer.
We hoped M10+ would be the first webcam that has the anti-shake stabilizer.
But we are so dissapointed the fact the the Gyro on M10+ plus doesn't work on PC-CAMERA mode.
Is there any chance SJCAM will release the one with anti-stabilizers that works on PC-CAMERA mode?

I think you'll find the anti shake or gyro happens as part of the encoding process, PC-Camera mode is just using the camera to view, not sure it would be possible

anybody using 64gb on M10+? will it work without any issue?
there is a SD Card compatibility thread under the main SJCAM section on this forum.... maybe try asking there as well...

^ty already bought a 32GB just to be safe.

i already upgraded to 1.7 fw as well but did not see the item #7 .
currently when i am playing video to my unit i have to put it near to my ear just to hear it. do you think my speaker has a problem or this is normal for sjcam m10+?

Okay, we will have to check. The volume adjustment could have been something that was for sj4000+.

^ty already bought a 32GB just to be safe.

i already upgraded to 1.7 fw as well but did not see the item #7 .
currently when i am playing video to my unit i have to put it near to my ear just to hear it. do you think my speaker has a problem or this is normal for sjcam m10+?

Feel free to upgrade to M10+ v1.8 Firmware when you guys get a chance :)

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the way WiFi works on the SJCAM M10+ .
You connect with your phone by WiFi (Fine) but then it NEVER turns the wifi off on the camera and its constantly trying to connect back to your phone unless you have the app permanently open on your phone (And set to not timeout the phone screen running the app).
So what happens is that it flashes Blue to Amber lights on the top of the unit and runs the battery out VERY quickly (Less than 28 minutes). It also just randomly stops recording too.
Even if you plug it into main power unless you have your phone within WiFi distance and your phone app running without the screen timing out it just stops recording after a certain (Short) length of time.

Ive even tried updating to firmware v1.8 but it still does this.

I was very excited to receive this camera but now I'm going to have to send it back as "Not fit for purpose" as the Wifi (and 2k function which is fine) function was what I needed it for.

So I want to be able to to with the M10+ is:
To initially set the M10+ to record by wifi from my phone (To help with positioning in awkward places) and walk away from it (With my phone in my pocket).
It should then auto turn Wifi off on the camera and record until either the microSD card runs out of space or the battery runs out of power.
Once its been set by Wifi to record I don't need to view it again from my phone using the app (Maybe some people might but it just runs the battery down)

It should NOT constantly search for Wifi and run the battery down.

hello,
anyone knows what the underwater mode does? I turn it on and I don´t see any change

Back