Yeah there is a few up there by now.

Is Ebay in the EU posting chinese sellers of the sjcam sj7 star?

Yeah you can filter by EU only but there is no SJ7 star to get in eu, but a couple of Chinese sellers pop up among the international sellers.

xdt-shop & ejeas.cn

I was just on line Ebay-many sell offers for the SJcam 4000- 5000 series even sj6 from sellers in three states here but not sj7, two sellers from Shenzhen- for many weeks wait! I think production is backlogged.

Trouble as I see it is without Official Resellers, you don't know if you're getting real or fake cams as there's so many copies of genuine goods out there now, and I've heard of some cams being faked (albeit not SJ7's up to now).

I saw an impossible to be true price from an Ebay seller for a xiaomi yi cam , but I needed a on-off/ shutter button ribbon circuit, so I bit. It was a phony, but Ebay paid me back-no downside for me!!
This SJ7 Star seller has an SJCam logo and claims they are authorized agent.

Trouble as I see it is without Official Resellers, you don't know if you're getting real or fake cams as there's so many copies of genuine goods out there now, and I've heard of some cams being faked (albeit not SJ7's up to now).
SJCAM has a procedure for buyers to enter their serial #'s and verifying them .

Yes,but Ebay's protection from fraud would apply!
See my blurb above!

I would chill and wait for the cameras to get a official release and hit the main stream channels.

I know its easier said than done, i am beside myself as the test sample have not yet arrived here yet 2 weeks after it left Singapore.
And i will call Danish postal and if need be customs today, i am generating grey hairs at a alarming rate over this tracking number not updating and camera not being here and in use.

yes, but not all the fakes are on eBay unfortunately

+1.

Plus you might not know you have a fake but just think the performance wasn't as good as what everyone was making out.

Good example here, hard to tell the difference once the guy gets into it, even with the phones side by side, just some small difference:

I would chill and wait for the cameras to get a official release and hit the main stream channels.

I know its easier said than done, i am beside myself as the test sample have not yet arrived here yet 2 weeks after it left Singapore.
And i will call Danish postal and if need be customs today, i am generating grey hairs at a alarming rate over this tracking number not updating and camera not being here and in use.
Well we have reverend giving good scoops on the camera!

Got my sj 7star. Tried to use it with iphone app- it is awful! The app is really slow with bugs. After connection the camera to this app i can't do anything on the cam( i even can't turn it off). Will be posting some more news about using 7star later.

@magic362 - you'll have a beta firmware on the camera currently

It seem Iphone apps often lag behind in these things, but i get it cuz i would focus on android first too and leave the "fruit company" stuff for later.

All the sellers of of the Sj7 Star, keep showing preorders of the cam including the sjcamhd.com site. My usual purchase site Ebay has a seller who claims SJCam affiliation has posted outside delivery as April . The Yi 4k+ with 4k at 60fps may beat them. Imagine 4k @60 fps . How great would slomo look?

I think the YI 4k+ can only do 120 FPS at 1080p, but it would indeed be cool if it could do 240 FPS at 1080, but as it is using the same sensor as the old YI 4K camera i think thats the limiting factor on 1080p performance.

I dont consider 60 -> 30 FPS as slow motion though it is in fact half the speed of the original, but yeah it is without doubt a nice feature.

Also the chipset in the YI4k+ make me wonder when we will be able to yell at out dashcams instead of pressing the manual event button :D

Also i think the YI 4K+ will be in another prize bracket.

I still haven't seen the SJ7 Star, im spinning so fast in my office chair i have been forced to replace the old one with the one i got as a x-mas present from my dear old mother.
I think when the SJ7 finally get here i will have to power it by my USB power bank, cuz i will be out of the door right away to use it.

Only good thing is my new phone have shipped out of China 3 days before i expected it to do :) so i have been readying a holder for my car made of the original car holder for a Samsung galaxy 2 phone and a brodit flexible dock for the UMI phone.

I think the YI 4k+ can only do 120 FPS at 1080p, but it would indeed be cool if it could do 240 FPS at 1080, but as it is using the same sensor as the old YI 4K camera i think thats the limiting factor on 1080p performance.

Also i think the YI 4K+ will be in another prize bracket.

I still haven't seen the SJ7 Star, im spinning so fast in my office chair i have been forced to replace the old one with the one i got as a x-mas present from my dear old mother.
I think when the SJ7 finally get here i will have to power it by my USB power bank, cuz i will be out of the door right away to use it.

Only good thing is my new phone have shipped out of China 3 days before i expected it to do :) so i have been readying a holder for my car made of the original car holder for a Samsung galaxy 2 phone and a brodit flexible dock for the UMI phone.

The sensor can "only" do 1080p120 according to Sony's spec sheet on it.

I'll be super excited for that even when I eventually get an SJ7.

Last edited:
Back