The front screen is LTPS- Low Temperature Poly-Silicon

Its here..

Yeah, I read that. What I was asking though is that small screen found in the front near the lens and not the one in the back. :)

Hi, sjcam

I have some questions about the SJ7 from a "motorcycle user" point of view...
  1. Is the input for external mic miniusb?
  2. Does it record sound from both sides? If so, does it work with any miniusb microphone or only with the sjcam mic?
  3. Will it accept 3.5 microphones with a "miniusb to 3.5" audio adapters? If so, will they work on stereo also? (No matter if it's a GoPro adapter or a cheap ebay cable?)
  4. Will the camera fit on GoPro housings? (I only care about the shutter button :D)
  5. Will it accept GoPro accesories?
  6. Will SJCAM release different packs (few accessories vs full set)
  7. Have you done battery life tests?
  8. What's the estimated price and release date?
That for now.

:rolleyes:
I have tested this camera and it gets pretty good battery life for a Ambarella device.
The price is 199 and should be shipping out late November.

Really excited for this one. So many applications for it. Would love to put this on a drone. I think this would be awesome for car scenes too.

-Nate

By the way, I've been looking at the footage on your channel, why do some of the videos end so abruptly cutting off mid sentence?

-Nate

Really excited for this one. So many applications for it. Would love to put this on a drone. I think this would be awesome for car scenes too.

-Nate
Yes, we plan to get some drone footage maybe next weekend. Many people have been asking for dashcam footage. will also try to get some bike footage as well. Thanks for your patience guys.

This is not dashcam footage, but, is footage on a bus.... camera was loose on bus counter but it got some good footage:

looks like OLED, what is normally used for these types of display screens anyway

Yeah, that's what I thought too but I was hoping to see some sort of official statement/specs about what type it is. :)

I have tested this camera and it gets pretty good battery life for a Ambarella device.

Around how many minutes of continuous vid recording are you getting with the SJ7?

Yeah, that's what I thought too but I was hoping to see some sort of official statement/specs about what type it is. :)

The factory is not releasing screen specs at this time.

Around how many minutes of continuous vid recording are you getting with the SJ7?

I will need to time this... record time is also affected by things like if Wifi is turned on, and video resolutions.

is the wireless remote the same one thats allready in shops ?

or will it be a new remote?

ok great!

because on gearbest asks a bauyer if this remote also works for the 6 legend, the selle responds "no, this remote only works wit m20!"

i am absolutely torn between this camera and the YI 4K..............UGH!!!!!! i hate decisions like this

You can input an external mic. to SJ 7 Star. Yi 4k doesn't have that capability.

Last edited by a moderator:
The remote is the same as the M20 rf remote :)
Greetings:
Gopro has a screen sensitivity program to allow the Hero 5 blk. touch screen to work in their additional 60m. case. Garmin's virb ultra 30 also allows use of the touch screen inside the case.
Does the SJ 7 Star's touch screen work with cam inside the case??

Greetings:
Gopro has a screen sensitivity program to allow the Hero 5 blk. touch screen to work in their additional 60m. case. Garmin's virb ultra 30 also allows use of the touch screen inside the case.
Does the SJ 7 Star's touch screen work with cam inside the case??

Yes, the case will have a touch door as does the SJ6 has.

Yep thats pretty cool, even if you as a diver have to take off your glove to make a change, at least you dont have to surface and maybe decompress on the way.

So yeah. Excellent :)

Some owners of the Gopro Hero 5 and reviews say that the touchscreen is unresponsive to wet fingers!

Some owners of the Gopro Hero 5 and reviews say that the touchscreen is unresponsive to wet fingers!
How do divers keep their fingers dry so that they can use the touchscreen underwater?

Reactions: Mtz
Back