SJCAM SJ7 Star Cam - Real 4K Ambarella A12 Sony IMX117 Touch Screen Mic Gyro

i preorder mine a few haurs ago on gearbest....now the shopping date on the productsite says "ships between dec 2 - dec 4", mabe that is true^^

i preorder mine a few haurs ago on gearbest....now the shopping date on the productsite says "ships between dec 2 - dec 4", mabe that is true^^

The dates keep getting pushed back. SJ360 will release in December. SJ7 will release in January or February.

... sad.

i hoped the can ship this cam sooner, but why the say still a false release date on their site?

... sad.

i hoped the can ship this cam sooner, but why the say still a false release date on their site?

We are not sure why they are not listing the proper release date. maybe they want to keep taking pre-orders/accepting orders while nobody else is selling? SJ7 has even been removed from the SJCAMHD.com site until next year.

We are not sure why they are not listing the proper release date. maybe they want to keep taking pre-orders/accepting orders while nobody else is selling? SJ7 has even been removed from the SJCAMHD.com site until next year.
I hope,they will begin with sell SJ7 next year.I think is great camera,better then gopro hero 4

I hope,they will begin with sell SJ7 next year.I think is great camera,better then gopro hero 4

Indeed. January will be here in no time. Thanks for your patience!

Have you had difficulty with the SJ7 development??

Have you had difficulty with the SJ7 development??

Not, really with the development as much as lack of touchscreens. The pre-orders of SJ6 were only just shipped last week. Things are getting back to normal though it SJ7 will most likely be released some time in January. Thanks for your guys' patience :)

I'd personally like to see this in the hands of someone on here for an independent review.

I'd personally like to see this in the hands of someone on here for an independent review.
Please ask the admin's of this site as we have contacted them with no response. It would need to be a neutral review by someone not affiliated with either company.

If you've had no response then might I suggest your only choice might be to pick a couple of knowledgeable people yourself, if you want to give a more even spread and avoid any chance of accusations of favour. Also, you need to be prepared to accept criticism as well as praise, as anyone truly independent shouldn't come under pressure to give a positive review for a free cam. There has to be even handedness and if you have a great product I doubt there's little to fear, and if there are small issues, there's still time before release to amend it should you desire. No cam is entirely perfect and I doubt any review will be entirely perfect either.

If you've had no response then might I suggest your only choice might be to pick a couple of knowledgeable people yourself, if you want to give a more even spread and avoid any chance of accusations of favour. Also, you need to be prepared to accept criticism as well as praise, as anyone truly independent shouldn't come under pressure to give a positive review for a free cam. There has to be even handedness and if you have a great product I doubt there's little to fear, and if there are small issues, there's still time before release to amend it should you desire. No cam is entirely perfect and I doubt any review will be entirely perfect either.

True. I will try to contact the admin of the forum again. If still no reply we will see how to do this. Thanks for your input.

The admin will just offer some suggestions on who to ask, same as what is written on the contact page

It should be a person with similar hardware to compare to, and that rule me out as i dont own a action camera.

I'd actually like to rule you in for consideration Kamkar1. I think you've done some great comparisons, and many of us prefer action cams to dedicated dash cams. I'd take a yi4K for example over many a dedicated dash cam because to me picture quality is everything. Plus I actively don't want GPS.

If you look at the new Car Cams recommendation page for 2016, you'll see it's now a mixture of car cams and action cams due to the crossover that's occurring.

Well i can borrow my friends gopro 4 silver to compare with if need be, and i think it is a camera in the price range i estimate the SJ7 star will end up with.

True there is a lot of crossover going on, and you can use just about any camera on the windscreen, but i still prefer a permanent installed camera and there dashcams score higher in my book.
I would not dare to turn the back to my car with a gopro 5 or simmilar action camera in the windscreen, but they will make stunning recordings i assume, at least in the daytime.
And night time dont really interest me that much, if a camera can record i am in my lane, and the intersections i cross i do so under green light, then thats about it for me.
Sure i would like a lot of other things for low light, but i know what i want i will not get anytime soon.

Gearbest has answered my question. - no AV OUT.
Gearbest has replied my inquiry.

"Dear George,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding http://www.gearbest.com/m-goods-sn-196167401.htm

My original question was
"- when will it be in stock?
- does the camera support AV output via USB?"

Here is the answer from their Customer service Team:

"Hello George,
This item usually can be sent out within 7-15 business days after payment.
And it does not support AV output
Please feel free to order now."

I really don't know what to believe...

For FPV.

Στάλθηκε από το P6000 Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Back