SJCAM SJ7 Star Cam - Real 4K Ambarella A12 Sony IMX117 Touch Screen Mic Gyro

Just found out my friends gopro is "just" a 3 silver.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm running around with a Hero 2 on the windscreen.

Well if @sjcam_official want to, they know where to find me, i tend to spend far too much time on this site :)

This time of the year some activities outside is a little low, and other are so fast a ationcamera sized unit installed on them will cause a high speed crash.

My friend just got a replacement for the SJ4000 that we killed / lost this summer, so he is now up to 2 of those again ( he use them more than the gopro 3 it seem )
Same boat and it looked like this when it crashed wearing the Sj4000, simply too disruptive for aerodynamics at 120 km/h
This crash was blamed on a motor giving up at full RPM, and thats why it crash is this hanbrake pulling manner.

But we do other slower things too, and i have a idea for a time lapse experiment where a action camera would be much easier than using my Nikon Dslr.

Last edited:
I am not sure what the question is?

If you want me to have a go at the 7 star camera just give send me a private MSG and we will make it happen.
We are hard on action cameras, thats one of the reasons my friend use the SJ4000 as they are cheaper to replace than his gopro.

Minus is Denmark is pretty grey and boring looking this time of the year, so visually that way it will be hard to make some good looking footage.
So we will have to be creative to make up for the lack of colors at the moment.

If you want me to have a go at the 7 star camera just give send me a private MSG and we will make it happen.
We are hard on action cameras, thats one of the reasons my friend use the SJ4000 as they are cheaper to replace than his gopro.

Minus is Denmark is pretty grey and boring looking this time of the year, so visually that way it will be hard to make some good looking footage.
So we will have to be creative to make up for the lack of colors at the moment.

Can we see a link to the other reviews you have done?

I haven't really done reviews ( lost of retailers in here have asked me to ) i have been focusing more on acting like a tester for a few brands of dashcams, testing and bringing new products up and running is what i like best, but if you guys find it hard to find anyone to beat on your product i am sure i can do that too.

I think reviewing is sort of the same, just dont take as long and dont demand the same amount of footage and documentation going back and forth.

So far i have worked with or am working with.

MEG Technology ( on the 0806 dashcam )
Innovv ( C1 and C3 cameras )
Street Guardian ( SG9665GC )
Joovuu ( x camera )
And lately have i taken the Mobius 2 in on my own expense to help see that thru to becoming a successor to the old mobius camera.

At the moment Joovuu and Street Guardian and Mobius are the brands that keep me the most busy, but i am also still a member of the private Manufacturer subforums of MEG and innovv on this site.

I haven't really done reviews ( lost of retailers in here have asked me to ) i have been focusing more on acting like a tester for a few brands of dashcams, testing and bringing new products up and running is what i like best, but if you guys find it hard to find anyone to beat on your product i am sure i can do that too.

I think reviewing is sort of the same, just dont take as long and dont demand the same amount of footage and documentation going back and forth.

So far i have worked with or am working with.

MEG Technology ( on the 0806 dashcam )
Innovv ( C1 and C3 cameras )
Street Guardian ( SG9665GC )
Joovuu ( x camera )
And lately have i taken the Mobius 2 in on my own expense to help see that thru to becoming a successor to the old mobius camera.

At the moment Joovuu and Street Guardian and Mobius are the brands that keep me the most busy, but i am also still a member of the private Manufacturer subforums of MEG and innovv on this site.

Quite impressive. These are all very well known-brands on this forum. I am pretty sure we can supply you with SJ7 tester/review unit. Will submit application now.

That sound cool, i am looking forward to work with a action camera.
I promise i will go easy on the camera at least while i test dashcam mode in my car where i would like to avoid large G force events.
But when thats over then all bets are off in the Action part of things :)

And off course put lots of footage up on the internet, my 80/70 mbit cable connection have no problem uploading a lot of gigabytes.

SJCAM SJ7 Star GYRO On Footage:

That made me hungry but i just had breakfast :)

Also we dont seem to have many Chinese restaurants in my part of Denmark.

It's difficult to read the GPS data-only half of the digits , and too small!
??

I suspect they ( letters and numbers in bottom Right corner ) will be fine in 4K setting

I dont think they are too small, to be honest i would not look at them ( dident in this video only saw it when you said so )
At least not look at them before something major happen in the footage.
For action camera use i would leave out all such in footage information, but for dashcam i like time/date & Speed stamped on footage.

NO ! just looked at other new ( 9 hour ago ) 4K footage on youtube, the letters are cut up there too.

So there is a little work for the Sjcam minions to do :)

I suspect they ( letters and numbers in bottom Right corner ) will be fine in 4K setting

I dont think they are too small, to be honest i would not look at them ( dident in this video only saw it when you said so )
At least not look at them before something major happen in the footage.
For action camera use i would leave out all such in footage information, but for dashcam i like time/date & Speed stamped on footage.
Yes, GPS is more important for dash cam filming i guess ,but for a toy as when I walk around the property and watch the position change as I go on my tablet ; I like to see the changes. I f you are a toy maker like the action cam producer your screen info. should be readable.
Hey Dude, check out the wealth of information that Garmin gives you in the Virb Ultra 30,with a rudimentary map of progress and such data as speed,heart rate and other sensor data-but the camera is UGLY!
P.S. In biking , I want an action cam capable of more sensor data.The Hero 5 only stamps GPS position not real time, so SjCam sj7 Star is ahead!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Yeah the Garmin VU30 is indeed a action camera if any :D

The Olympus Tough TG tracker can sort of do the same. and i think on some points it have the upper hand on the Garmin VU30.

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/tg-tracker.html
Unfortunately, the TG does not have the upper hand on image quality or GPS reception, the Garmin is much better on both.

The TG Tracker uses a 7.2 million pixel 1/2.3-inch sensor - a bit low on pixel count for true 4K (8MP) video! It is an interesting camera though.

Yeah i cant say much in regard to their footage as i have not seen any raw footage from either, but the form of the TG is a little more to my liking, and then it is "as is" waterproof like the gopro 5

All the sensor information is pretty cool, but not for me as i am too old and weak to do anything action related myself.
I might be able to climb onto something with a motor and make some action, but in that case most of the sensors would be of no use to me.
I would love to do some downhill MTB, but i will have to be driven or flown in to the starting point, and i will more or less have to freewheel all the way down.

Yeah i cant say much in regard to their footage as i have not seen any raw footage from either, but the form of the TG is a little more to my liking, and then it is "as is" waterproof like the gopro 5

All the sensor information is pretty cool, but not for me as i am too old and weak to do anything action related myself.
I might be able to climb onto something with a motor and make some action, but in that case most of the sensors would be of no use to me.
I would love to do some downhill MTB, but i will have to be driven or flown in to the starting point, and i will more or less have to freewheel all the way down.
I'm seventy.
What will we do when the communists and progressive democrats take our fossil-fuel-engined vehicles from us ? We can't mountain bike with a stupid windmill!!
Mike

Back