I think it might be a incompatibility issue with that fast U3 card of yours.

I am using a trancend ultimate in mine ( 64 Gb )

hmm ok, i will test this card.

but my thought was "faster ist better", especially that fact that my card worked absolutely fine in the 5000x elite.

had the trancend ultimate not the same specs as mine (also u3)????

Well most 4K cameras and 1080p - 60 / 120 FPS don't record so much a good U1 card should not be able to handle it too.

I think U1 is defined by having a write speed of at least 10 MB/s, for the most U3 cards are overkill in most dash and action cameras but if you record a lot then their read speed is nice, problem is you can more or less get the same high read speed of some U1 cards.

I will put a regular kingston U1 card in mu Sj7 and give it a go, should work fine.

Yesa trancend ultimate is 80 / 90 MB/s i think.

trancend633_big_thumb.jpg

I have just been recording a little with a old regular U1 card from kingston ( 32 Gb )

The 3 minute 4K recording ( 60 Mbit bitrate ) is 1.331.200 KB ( 1300 MB )

1300 MB divided with 180 seconds ( 3 minutes ) = 7.22 MB/s write speed by the camera for this 4 K recording.

Moving on to 1080/120 recording, that one is a little smaller with 1.208.320 KB ( 1200 MB ) for a 3 minute recording so no need to calculate that its less write speed than above.
This recording is 54 Mbit bitrate.

I will not test lesser resolutions or FPS as it should be same as or less than this 4K and 1080/120 recording.

O and copying this AMBA folder off the memory card in my USB 3.0 reader to my SSD C: drive give me a read speed off the "old" U1 kingston card of 77 MB/s

So U3 cards are really nice and yes i have a few of them, but i have not yet met a dash or action camera that can not work with a good U1 card.

Maybe the expensive Sony and Gopro cameras that can do 100 Mbit bitrates, or the new Yi 4K/60 FPS camera will need a U3 card, but so far i an good with U1 cards.

Last edited:
hm i have no idea whats the my problem, on the page my card is listet under "working cards".

but it seems that the cam only freeze wenn ich record at high settings....ok one time the cam freezes as i switch from timelapse-video mode to record mode.

can ich go to a lower fw?

could your card maybe be a fake ? where did you get it from.

Fakes might appear in card reader on computer to be 32 - 64 Gb or whatever in size. but putting data on the card it can only hold 8 Gb or so.

It is dangerous to buy SD cards online far too cheap, i my latest cards all come off Amazon .DE or .UK

Maybe run the H2testw on that card you have.

As i recall H2testw is even a German made pice of software to test "speicherkarte" with, only have German or English languages.

Thats "memory card" for all you non German speakers :p

Last edited:
ive ordered the SJ7 3 days ago at gearbest with the ext. Mic :D Cant wait to test it on my Yamaha R1 :) any ideas when they are getting shipped? on the day i bought gearbest told me dispatch around 2nd of April, but now the website says dispatch 22th of April :(

I just got something else off gearbest ( first time shopping there ) and it was in store item and not a new thing, but it took a few days before the tracking number gave any action.

Looking forward to see some of the Japanese countryside :cool:

could your card maybe be a fake ? where did you get it from.

amazon.de, came in retail packaging.

i run the test program, probebly i wwill try the trancend card.

or it's a "firware thing"....an i go back to a lower fw w/o problems?

You should keep up with the firmware updates, the Sj7 have seen a lot of fixes in the firmware lately and it would truly be a lesser camera on a older firmware.

It is strange the camera have lost the ability to use that SD card, so if it use to work on older firmwares then something in this regard must have taken a hit trying to fix something else.
Maybe The list of compatible cards need to be updated too.

If you can afford it i would just go for another sd card so you can at least get recording again, and then hope the things change for the Sandisk card or maybe use it in something else.

I have mainly used this trancend ultimate in the camera since i got it, so it should work fine for you too.

It could also be the card developed some error, actually my first Trancend ultimate card i dident even get to fill 2 times before i had to RMA it to Amazon.
When i first got it i ran H2testw on it ( this fill card with test data ), i then formatted it and put it in a dashcamera, and it then died around 20 Gb on the card.

So even the best cards can fail, i cant even remember how many of the regular Kingston cards i have made RMA on, but at one time those was also the only memory cards i had, and mostly when i gotten a new one it also worked good.

If your card have failed you should be good with Amazon, the ones i had die on me amazon almost have a new card in my mailbox in Denmark before i get around to send the broken one back to them ( at their expense off course )

I shot two videos in 1080p 30fps. One is standard 16:9 and the other SV. This .gif shows the first frame of each video (sorry one of them is tilted). You can see the SV definitely has a greater FOV but it looks like the increased horizontal AOV is less than the increased vertical AOV so the SV video looks flattened. Is this normal for SV? Firmware v1.12.

Attachments

• SV Comparison.gif
    SV Comparison.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hey your house just got 80 Sq feet bigger :D i recommend sell while it last.

I have not used the SV resolutions much myself, i would assume that would result in a larger fish eye distortion

Hey your house just got 80 Sq feet bigger :D i recommend sell while it last.

I have not used the SV resolutions much myself, i would assume that would result in a larger fish eye distortion
Fantastic idea! I never though of it that way! :D

I shot two videos in 1080p 30fps. One is standard 16:9 and the other SV. This .gif shows the first frame of each video (sorry one of them is tilted). You can see the SV definitely has a greater FOV but it looks like the increased horizontal AOV is less than the increased vertical AOV so the SV video looks flattened. Is this normal for SV? Firmware v1.12.
Where can I get v1.12?

Where can I get v1.12?
It was posted in the SJCam Private Forum. You might try submitting a ticket to SJCam support. Not sure if they have v1.12 or not but that's how I got v1.09A.

tomorrow i will go to a hospital for a week, after that i will tell the results of that test program.

Good luck or what ever you say in a hospital setting, maybe break a leg like actors say. :D

Anglers here say knæk og bræk, and both those words are used for something breaking ( the rod ) so translated 1:1 that's break and break :rolleyes:
I never found out what the German petri heil mean, i think that's what i saw on high sea fishing boats going out from the west coast of Jutland to capture cod and so on 100 M or so down

Hi,
I just got my SJ7 but notice that the Gyro could only use at the setting 1080p 30 & 60 mentioned in web and just wondering SJ6 don't have this restriction. Any expert in SJCam here could advise.

Back