Now it works fine! I did absolutely nothing to the phone - changed no settings or anything else - but now the app works fine. Bizarre.o_O

Like i told you that's what i experienced too the first time i used the SJ app, although that was with the SJ6.
I was just more fortunate in that i just had to put the 2 down for a few hours and then it worked flawless.

As of lately i do have a little problem connecting the sj7 with the app, the wifi part with my tablet or phone is flawless, but then connecting the app often result in me getting a message saying i might need to reboot the camera, and most often i just fix that bu rebooting the app instead, also if it don't work in the first try then it might do in the #2 or #3 try.

I can confirm FOV is not there, you just have the Super Vide option with some resolutions.

Like i told you that's what i experienced too the first time i used the SJ app, although that was with the SJ6.
I was just more fortunate in that i just had to put the 2 down for a few hours and then it worked flawless.

As of lately i do have a little problem connecting the sj7 with the app, the wifi part with my tablet or phone is flawless, but then connecting the app often result in me getting a message saying i might need to reboot the camera, and most often i just fix that bu rebooting the app instead, also if it don't work in the first try then it might do in the #2 or #3 try.

I can confirm FOV is not there, you just have the Super Vide option with some resolutions.

FOV is being optimized and will be re-added once issues are fixed. No ETA but hopefully soon. Thx

Hi. I am now the proud owner of a sj7 star! Will you please tell me if you plan to include fisheye correction in a future firmware update? I enjoyed it very much with my sj5000x elite! Thank you.

Hi. I am now the proud owner of a sj7 star! Will you please tell me if you plan to include fisheye correction in a future firmware update? I enjoyed it very much with my sj5000x elite! Thank you.

Glad to hear! We are still waiting on the Ambarella A12 to support this feature. Our dev team is still looking for a solution. Thanks for your patience.

my cam freeze verry often when i take a video with 1080p/60..... when i take 1080p/30 it works all fine.

but lower the settings is not a option for me and i schoot my videos only in 1080p and 60 or sometimes 120 fps.

the joke is that i have a fast card (that one in the picture), seems that this card is not good enought^^

can u name me a few cards that works well wit 60 and 120 frames in 1080p?

Attachments

• 61MB2wP6-NL._SL1100_.jpg
    61MB2wP6-NL._SL1100_.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 9
my cam freeze verry often when i take a video with 1080p/60..... when i take 1080p/30 it works all fine.

but lower the settings is not a option for me and i schoot my videos only in 1080p and 60 or sometimes 120 fps.

the joke is that i have a fast card (that one in the picture), seems that this card is not good enought^^

SJCam sent me the Chinese language version of their SJ7 web page. If you scroll down you'll find photos of their recommended cards. It looks like your memory card is recommended. It should work fine unless there's a defect with the card or camera.

Your card should be fast enough. How did you format the card? What your firmware number?

hmm, i thik i cannot send the cam back to banggood.

back as i record with the 5000x elite the card orks fine.....

Hi again. Thank you for your quick reply! Please, I have one more question. Do you plan to include the option to record video in the .mov format? It seems to play better on my antiquated equipment. I understand that I can convert it from Mp4 to Mov, but I lose quality that way. Just askin' and GO SJCAM!
Louis

Hi again. Thank you for your quick reply! Please, I have one more question. Do you plan to include the option to record video in the .mov format? It seems to play better on my antiquated equipment. I understand that I can convert it from Mp4 to Mov, but I lose quality that way. Just askin' and GO SJCAM!
Louis

MP4 and MOV are just containers. You should be able to convert without losing quality. What command are you using to convert them?

MP4 and MOV are just containers. You should be able to convert without losing quality. What command are you using to convert them?
Interesting. I have a lot to learn. I have used different "video converters" both linux and windows based that I downloaded for free online. I don't expect you to waste time on educating me, but perhaps you could point me in the right direction. My computers can't handle 4k playback, so I record mostly 1080p 60fps. I am gathering from you that a simple command can be used to convert to the MOV container from the command prompt. I am using a Windows 10 OS, but also have a Samsung tablet running android 4.4. Windows media player seems to work the best, but do you know of a better player? Thank you for your continued support!

Interesting. I have a lot to learn. I have used different "video converters" both linux and windows based that I downloaded for free online. I don't expect you to waste time on educating me, but perhaps you could point me in the right direction. My computers can't handle 4k playback, so I record mostly 1080p 60fps. I am gathering from you that a simple command can be used to convert to the MOV container from the command prompt. I am using a Windows 10 OS, but also have a Samsung tablet running android 4.4. Windows media player seems to work the best, but do you know of a better player? Thank you for your continued support!
For a player (not converter) I've had good luck with MPC-HC. It has smoother playback of 4K than Windows Media Player, at least on my Windows 7 machine.:)

I only use linux although I work on a lot of windows pc. I agree with MPC-HC for being lightweight. But if your computer is powerful enough then VLC, run 4k on fullscreen and it will resize it to your screen. I use ffmpeg via terminal to change container. Command is ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -c:a copy -c:v copy file.mov

Thank you I will do conversions this way now!
I only use linux although I work on a lot of windows pc. I agree with MPC-HC for being lightweight. But if your computer is powerful enough then VLC, run 4k on fullscreen and it will resize it to your screen. I use ffmpeg via terminal to change container. Command is ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -c:a copy -c:v copy file.mov

Louis
We just checked and A12 chipset does not already support .mov, so we will need to find a way to add it.

@sjcam_official:

can u say somethin?

in may is the big comic con here and i need everthing working....sadly enought that i must handle with these stupid plastic frame (everytime i use this i think it muss be a joke!)

Okay, i have a v1.12a..... let me upload... will post in tester forums first.

I think it might be a incompatibility issue with that fast U3 card of yours.

I am using a trancend ultimate in mine ( 64 Gb )

Back