here you go guys, the mount position isnt the best, but the sound quality is awesome (internal mic-open frame mount)

settings:
4k30- FOV narrow
MIC sensitivity: 60%

v1.13 beta for testers only posted in private forum.

The Germans have winding mountain roads too, its just Denmark that's flat as a pancake.

Good advise, foreigners caught speeding here or getting any kind of traffic fine have to pay cash on site, but if the cop is nice he will guide you to a ATM machine if your wallet is empty.

v1.13 reposted in the private forum.

Please email tony.sjcam@gmail.com if you would like v1.13 forwarded to you.

Thanks

Why sjcam sj7 have not Format raw picture and option WDR like M20 ? And why option ISO not working in video like gopro ? it is work in capture picture. Thanks

I hope we will get RAW photos soon, the SJ7 do have WDR but it is always on, but no option to turn it off ( and why would you )
I did a little photo testing today indoor under a Neon light in a small room, for some reason the SJ7 did not want to use higher ISO values, so the exposure times was low around 1/8 second.
I would have preferred if the SJ7 used a ISO 800 or something up there and then a faster exposure, but the highest ISO out of 10 pictures the SJ7 used was ISO 400, and that's pretty low for a indoor low light situation, so you cant have much movement at all.

I hope we will get RAW photos soon, the SJ7 do have WDR but it is always on, but no option to turn it off ( and why would you )
I did a little photo testing today indoor under a Neon light in a small room, for some reason the SJ7 did not want to use higher ISO values, so the exposure times was low around 1/8 second.
I would have preferred if the SJ7 used a ISO 800 or something up there and then a faster exposure, but the highest ISO out of 10 pictures the SJ7 used was ISO 400, and that's pretty low for a indoor low light situation, so you cant have much movement at all.
So i can't intervention iso in video, it's always auto ?

So i can't intervention iso in video, it's always auto ?

On my SJ7, firmware v1.12 or 1.13, there is an ISO setting for videos. It includes Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1600. I know that in v1.12, for photos the ISO I chose on the menu was not the actual ISO of the photo in some cases. I haven't checked any video ISO.

On Youtube this is the video that I think is the best. i using fw 1.09, I think it's not as good as fw1.05. I tried to find fw 1.05, but I did not see the link
And my video

Here's some more snowboarding footage from my SJ7 in the snowy Sierra Nevada mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe. I didn't edit the videos at all yet, so these are just straight from the camera on to youtube

The settings were 1080p 60fps SV, no Gyro

Here is a v1.13 blog with the latest v1.13 firwmare.
Guys, one word about the new menu navigation. Someone on RC forums had this question.

When in the settings menu, you can hold the Capture/Shutter button to select the settings or capture menu.

Hold the Settings button down to scroll through the selections. This eases button operation when in the waterproof case.

Hope this makes sense.

Here's some more snowboarding footage from my SJ7 in the snowy Sierra Nevada mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe. I didn't edit the videos at all yet, so these are just straight from the camera on to youtube

The settings were 1080p 60fps SV, no Gyro

Thanks a lot for sharing! Do you think you could upload and send of the original files? We will compile a video and give you video credits at the end. Please email me at tony.sjcam@gmail.com if you can send the footage.

Thanks and keep up the cool Snowboarding!

Why sjcam sj7 have not Format raw picture and option WDR like M20 ? And why option ISO not working in video like gopro ? it is work in capture picture. Thanks
Hello, we may not be able to add RAW due to limited memory on the Ambarella chipset. Things like RAW, WDR, Fisheye correction, Gyro on higher resolutions than 1080p are all currently limitations with this Ambarella A12 chipset. We are constantly working on a solution to add these features. Our tester's google doc has many suggestions that we can hopefully get to soon. Still trying to iron out major issues in the firmware. V1.13 make big improvements from its predecessors.

Back