SJCAM SJ7 Star Sample Videos

Discussion in 'SJ7' started by reverend, Jan 11, 2017.

1. kamkar1

kamkar1 Well-Known Member

Denmark
    Dash Cam:
    Lukas LK-7500G / Innovv C3 / mobius / G1W / SG9665GC & more
    It freaked me out i was allowed to dunk my camera in the fish tanks, i did not expect that when i asked :)

Cuz off course i asked first, otherwise i wold just be the person i was once, and i don't want to go back there.

I hope i will be able to get some cool video selfies with my new friend. :cool:

TeriTerryTarry likes this.
  2. kamkar1

Denmark
    Dash Cam:
    I got buzzed today :mad: damn Mavric

shy__k likes this.
  3. Bezbod

Bezbod Member

Ukraine
    Here I made a comparison of SJ7 Star with ThiEYE T5e and LeSports Liveman C1 :)

4. kamkar1

Denmark
    Dash Cam:
    I have been a little low on footage lately due to some personal problems ( sleep disorder ) and a few other things like bad luck and also really poor weather.

But tomorrow i will be in a situation where i have a chance to get some cool footage, and i hope some of it will find its way to the SJcams home page and social media they might run too.
    Okay i am still upside down in regard to sleep, but i have made promises in regard to tomorrow, so sleeping tonight or not i will fulfill my promises tomorrow.
    And the weather should be pretty decent too :cool: so i am shooting for a win - win day :)

5. kamkar1

Denmark
    Dash Cam:
    Here is a few slow motion captures from our outing with the little RC trucks today.

TwoBlues, TeriTerryTarry and harsh like this.
  6. kamkar1

Denmark
    Dash Cam:
    Was in the jungle today, but sadly my little tree swinging friend was preoccupied as i arrived in the middle of feeding time.
    But i carried on sticking the Sj7 in the face of the animals, aside for a slow motion recording i was using 1080/60 and gyro on, and i had the camera on a long selfie pole.
    Plus it appear i am getting old and maybe getting parkinson's disease :rolleyes:

This is a massive 10 minute recording.

7. TeriTerryTarry

TeriTerryTarry Active Member

United States
    Dash Cam:
    Several action cams
    Great videos kamkar1 - dog, RC and jungle. I've never been to a zoo that lets you in amongst the animals, That's really amazing. Using the selfie stick lets you see so much that you might otherwise miss, even if you're seeing it after the fact.

To me the SJ7 looks like it performs quite nicely. Of course I wasn't there but the colors look true to life: realistic hue, proper saturation, etc. Edges of plants, walks, etc., look neither too sharp nor too fuzzy and the SJ7 handles contrast reasonably well. Areas of combined light and dark scenes mostly don't look too dark or overexposed. What do you think of it so far?

8. TeriTerryTarry

United States
    Dash Cam:
    Several action cams
    Nice comparison Bezbod. Did you record in 1808p? I ask this because it looks like the SJ7's image stabilization was on and doing a better job than the T5e or Liveman C1. Outside on a cloudy day the T5e and SJ7 seemed to handle contrast better. The Liveman had a different hue (greener) and saturation (more) than the other two. At night the Liveman really seemed better but again with a greenish hue. Is that how you saw it?

9. kamkar1

Denmark
    Dash Cam:
    I think its pretty good too, i was a bit sad i dident get more footage in on our trip with the RC trucks, but we tried out a new place, and as it turned out it was not so challenging for the trucks.
    I hope my friend will have my Chevy body ready for next weekend, we have a little GtG lined up with the guys up near Aalborg that also drive the little RC trail trucks.
    Praying for good weather too as the new metallic blue and pearl white 2 tone paint job on the Chevy Blazer should really pop then.

Im still not too sure about the gyro on the Sj7, its like some times it work fine and other times not so much, kicking myself i don't have the SJ6 to compare with.
    There also still seem to be a little noise in the slow motion recordings, but its better now for sure.

10. TeriTerryTarry

United States
    Dash Cam:
    Several action cams
    Actually I thought so too.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  11. Bezbod

Bezbod Member

Ukraine
    Nope, all videos were recorded in 4K resolution :)

Gyro does not work in 4K resolution on this cameras.

12. Bezbod

Bezbod Member

Ukraine
    Here is a gyro-comparison video of SJCAM SJ7 Star, SJCAM M20 and ThiEYE T5e (all videos recorded in FullHD 60fps):

13. Civic1500

Civic1500 New Member

Hong Kong
    M20 is better

14. kamkar1

Denmark
    Dash Cam:
    We was out chilling with the little RC trucks yesterday, i was just there to film and test the new firmware for the Sj7 Star.
    Okay also to get a little social interaction with real people and not just you internet guys.

Most is captures in 1080/120 slow motion, so a little become 13 minutes of footage.

Agie and sjcam_official like this.
  15. sjcam_official

sjcam_official Well-Known Member Manufacturer

China
    Thanks for sharing! Can you guys send cool original footage to me at sjcam.tony@gmail.com We can compile footage and give u guys video credit.

:)

16. kamkar1

Denmark
    Dash Cam:
    I have the folder with the raw footage on my desktop, i will zip it up and put it so you can Dl it.

There are 2.77 Gb raw footage from our trip in the folder / zip file.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  17. sjcam_official

sjcam_official Well-Known Member Manufacturer

China
    Cheers!

18. kamkar1

Denmark
    Dash Cam:
    Me and my four legged girlfriend Fie went for a nice walk today, she must have missed me as its our first walk together since new years evening.
    I was not expecting Fie to behave as good as she did today, i was kinda fearing she was back to her old way of walking.
    So big :confused: to me cuz Fie was behaving 95% perfect at least.

The color of my jacket confuse me o_O it is not black but brown, a dark brown but far from black in any way.

I have no idea why youtybe murder the 1080/60 - 36 mbit footage, ATM i am uploading the nice raw footage to MEGA.

https://mega.nz/#!ehgzxaRa!usnC5f3x1pjMV5MZYBnocvOe9G-e56y5PQ94Eo4Ld7Q

1.1 Gb in size

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    sjcam_official likes this.
  19. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    Dash Cam:
    Gitup Git3, Mini 0806
    " The color of my jacket confuse me o_O it is not black but brown, a dark brown but far from black in any way."
    It is brown on my monitor, a bit dark at the start but very clearly brown in the sunlight towards the end.

Looked like Fie didn't know the area and was worried about getting lost?

20. kamkar1

Denmark
    Dash Cam:
    Thats where i always walk her as the chance of meeting other dogs are highest there, and Fie have not yet learned how to properly handle another dog, and i favor learning by doing.

Must be the color setting on my monitor them, thought i had it dialed in alright, but not for brown it seem.

But it is a private forest and not legal to have dogs off leash, but for my own "amusement" i often do that on the last few 100 M out if the area.

But one thing is for sure if a deer or another dog pop up, i would be in a world of trouble then.