SJCAM SJ7 Star Sample Videos

I have been a little low on footage lately due to some personal problems ( sleep disorder ) and a few other things like bad luck and also really poor weather.

But tomorrow i will be in a situation where i have a chance to get some cool footage, and i hope some of it will find its way to the SJcams home page and social media they might run too.
Okay i am still upside down in regard to sleep, but i have made promises in regard to tomorrow, so sleeping tonight or not i will fulfill my promises tomorrow.
And the weather should be pretty decent too :cool: so i am shooting for a win - win day :)

Was in the jungle today, but sadly my little tree swinging friend was preoccupied as i arrived in the middle of feeding time.
But i carried on sticking the Sj7 in the face of the animals, aside for a slow motion recording i was using 1080/60 and gyro on, and i had the camera on a long selfie pole.
Plus it appear i am getting old and maybe getting parkinson's disease :rolleyes:

This is a massive 10 minute recording.

Great videos kamkar1 - dog, RC and jungle. I've never been to a zoo that lets you in amongst the animals, That's really amazing. Using the selfie stick lets you see so much that you might otherwise miss, even if you're seeing it after the fact.

To me the SJ7 looks like it performs quite nicely. Of course I wasn't there but the colors look true to life: realistic hue, proper saturation, etc. Edges of plants, walks, etc., look neither too sharp nor too fuzzy and the SJ7 handles contrast reasonably well. Areas of combined light and dark scenes mostly don't look too dark or overexposed. What do you think of it so far?

Here I made a comparison of SJ7 Star with ThiEYE T5e and LeSports Liveman C1 :)
Nice comparison Bezbod. Did you record in 1808p? I ask this because it looks like the SJ7's image stabilization was on and doing a better job than the T5e or Liveman C1. Outside on a cloudy day the T5e and SJ7 seemed to handle contrast better. The Liveman had a different hue (greener) and saturation (more) than the other two. At night the Liveman really seemed better but again with a greenish hue. Is that how you saw it?

I think its pretty good too, i was a bit sad i dident get more footage in on our trip with the RC trucks, but we tried out a new place, and as it turned out it was not so challenging for the trucks.
I hope my friend will have my Chevy body ready for next weekend, we have a little GtG lined up with the guys up near Aalborg that also drive the little RC trail trucks.
Praying for good weather too as the new metallic blue and pearl white 2 tone paint job on the Chevy Blazer should really pop then.

Im still not too sure about the gyro on the Sj7, its like some times it work fine and other times not so much, kicking myself i don't have the SJ6 to compare with.
There also still seem to be a little noise in the slow motion recordings, but its better now for sure.

There also still seem to be a little noise in the slow motion recordings, but its better now for sure.
Actually I thought so too.

Last edited:
We was out chilling with the little RC trucks yesterday, i was just there to film and test the new firmware for the Sj7 Star.
Okay also to get a little social interaction with real people and not just you internet guys.

Most is captures in 1080/120 slow motion, so a little become 13 minutes of footage.

We was out chilling with the little RC trucks yesterday, i was just there to film and test the new firmware for the Sj7 Star.
Okay also to get a little social interaction with real people and not just you internet guys.

Most is captures in 1080/120 slow motion, so a little become 13 minutes of footage.

Thanks for sharing! Can you guys send cool original footage to me at sjcam.tony@gmail.com We can compile footage and give u guys video credit.

:)

I have the folder with the raw footage on my desktop, i will zip it up and put it so you can Dl it.

There are 2.77 Gb raw footage from our trip in the folder / zip file.

Last edited:
I have the folder with the raw footage on my desktop, i will zip it up and put it so you can Dl it.

There are 2.77 Gb raw footage from our trip in the folder / zip file.

Cheers!

Me and my four legged girlfriend Fie went for a nice walk today, she must have missed me as its our first walk together since new years evening.
I was not expecting Fie to behave as good as she did today, i was kinda fearing she was back to her old way of walking.
So big :confused: to me cuz Fie was behaving 95% perfect at least.

The color of my jacket confuse me o_O it is not black but brown, a dark brown but far from black in any way.

I have no idea why youtybe murder the 1080/60 - 36 mbit footage, ATM i am uploading the nice raw footage to MEGA.

https://mega.nz/#!ehgzxaRa!usnC5f3x1pjMV5MZYBnocvOe9G-e56y5PQ94Eo4Ld7Q

1.1 Gb in size

Last edited:
" The color of my jacket confuse me o_O it is not black but brown, a dark brown but far from black in any way."
It is brown on my monitor, a bit dark at the start but very clearly brown in the sunlight towards the end.

Looked like Fie didn't know the area and was worried about getting lost?

Thats where i always walk her as the chance of meeting other dogs are highest there, and Fie have not yet learned how to properly handle another dog, and i favor learning by doing.

Must be the color setting on my monitor them, thought i had it dialed in alright, but not for brown it seem.

But it is a private forest and not legal to have dogs off leash, but for my own "amusement" i often do that on the last few 100 M out if the area.

But one thing is for sure if a deer or another dog pop up, i would be in a world of trouble then.

Managed to get a little 4K footage in today, and drive a little with a screwed up suspension.
Will have to sort out that rear axle tomorrow cuz we go driving again on Sunday, along with a lot of other guys.

Been out walking the little RC 4X4 truck again, sadly the new Chevy body on it have outright killed off road performance and right now i am at a loss as what to do to fix it.
Right now i am most inclined to shelf it and throw myself at the Willy's jeep project that have been collecting dust for a couple of years, there are more work in it, but i can more or less get driving again without having to spend money i don't have, or money earmarked for other stuff.

I simply don't get it :confused:
The new body are maybe 1/4 times heavier than the Toyota bodies i have been driving, and then thinking back to the first Yota body that was rigged with so much scale stuff it was even heavier than the Chevy body, and it still drove better.
Okay i have also changed the angle of the 2 rear shocks with about 5 degrees, but i had to do that to correct the stance, and i could go back but then i would have to get 2 new Longer shocks and i would have to fab a new top mount for them ( though that should not be a major problem )

Recorded in 4K / 25 FPS

Been out walking the little RC 4X4 truck again, sadly the new Chevy body on it have outright killed off road performance and right now i am at a loss as what to do to fix it.
Right now i am most inclined to shelf it and throw myself at the Willy's jeep project that have been collecting dust for a couple of years, there are more work in it, but i can more or less get driving again without having to spend money i don't have, or money earmarked for other stuff.

I simply don't get it :confused:
The new body are maybe 1/4 times heavier than the Toyota bodies i have been driving, and then thinking back to the first Yota body that was rigged with so much scale stuff it was even heavier than the Chevy body, and it still drove better.
Okay i have also changed the angle of the 2 rear shocks with about 5 degrees, but i had to do that to correct the stance, and i could go back but then i would have to get 2 new Longer shocks and i would have to fab a new top mount for them ( though that should not be a major problem )

Recorded in 4K / 25 FPS

Thanks for sharing!

I have just rebuild the suspension geometry on the Chevy truck and we are going for a drive tomorrow, i do hope i have ironed out the bad off road performance so i am back to normal.

Also i have gotten a cool roof rack to go on the car, and it will also hold 6 LED lights on the front of it, so soon i am ready for the summer night time drives in a totally dark forest.

Needless to say the SJ 7 Star will also be along for the ride tomorrow. :cool:

I did a few videolapse tests over the last couple of days on firmware 1.13 - the night video was cleaner than I expected:

I also tried a stress test today with a UHD videolapse which I'd planned on leaving all day but unfortunately I went out and snagged the power cable after 5 hours.

It was 20c and I think there's a bit of focus drift once it had been sat in the sun for an hour - the camera was incredibly hot but everything on it was still working as expected:

Back