SJCAM SJ7 Star Sample Videos

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
I've got a few videos so far of the SJ7, all filmed in UHD.

It's winter over here and dull days so numberplate recognition when used as a dashcam is never going to be the best due to the high resolution sensor - when used as an action cam the amount of detail captured in UHD mode is great!

Youtube is still processing these so UHD isn't available across them all right now - my favourite is the handheld actioncam footage - in UHD you can see every stone!

Dashcam sample - Dark winters morning just after sunrise:

Dashcam sample - Dark winters day:

Dashcam sample - Night (the camera drops down to 15fps and frame doubles to 30fps with longer exposure times):

Actioncam sample - Walking up Ilkley Moor in UHD (the gyro is disabled in UHD mode so it's shaky):

I'm going to redo the Ilkley Moor walk in a lower resolution mode with the gyro enabled when the weather permits (I'd get blown away today!!)

Likewise more will come of nighttime in different resolutions

I'll try and get raw samples up as my uplink allows as Youtube does reduce the quality :)

More and more often i wish i had a 4K monitor for the computer, some times i think my 2048X1536 monitor is playing tricks on me, not least as i am not running it at full resolution cuz then i would need to have my nose 15 cm from the screen to see anything.

Just noticed it is as if youtube are nicer to the footage, at least the 4K video the other ones i haven't viewed yet.

I am checking my tracking # every hour, but so far all it say is the parcel left the sending country a week ago, but this is normal so i am also expecting my door bell to ring every minute.

I am so ready to get my hands on this camera, and to put some of the footage thru my compter :) just to make sure i topped up the cooling fluid yesterday :D

More and more often i wish i had a 4K monitor for the computer, some times i think my 2048X1536 monitor is playing tricks on me, not least as i am not running it at full resolution cuz then i would need to have my nose 15 cm from the screen to see anything.
I'd have the same problem! My 5 inch phone is the same resolution as my 27 inch Chinese import monitor and I struggle to read some text on the monitor!!

I actually read earlier that in the new version of Android you can reduce the resolution passed to the screen which makes the battery last longer which I'll be very happy about :)

At least with your CRT monitor you've got great motion!

Yes no ghosting here, but it come at a high power cost.

If you look at modern TV screens i think you have to be upward of 60" before you have a TV screen that use more power than this CRT screen.

A LG 65" 4K OLED 65B6V is 146 watts at normal use, and i think this 22" CRT screen is 150 watt,
So with the right computer monitor i could save a lot of KW/h every year.

Yes no ghosting here, but it come at a high power cost.

If you look at modern TV screens i think you have to be upward of 60" before you have a TV screen that use more power than this CRT screen.

A LG 65" 4K OLED 65B6V is 146 watts at normal use, and i think this 22" CRT screen is 150 watt,
So with the right computer monitor i could save a lot of KW/h every year.
The sooner you upgrade, the sooner your new LCD will pay for itself and start saving money!

With my 23" IPS LCD running at full brightness it uses 23 watt. Normally around 19 watts in power saving setting. Maybe the biggest difference to a CRT is the standby power, which is effectively nothing. CRTs used to use a lot of power to do nothing in standby.

If you are going to sit the right distance from the screen then you don't really need a 4K screen, they are for people who like to sit too close or who have exceptional eyes, the resolution of FHD was chosen because it is the maximum that most people can see. For the same price as a low quality 4K screen you can get an exceptional FHD screen.

Standby power on this one is just 5 watts as i recall.

I will make do with a 1080p screen, but i am not in a place to get one now, that will have to wait until summer, and then i will have to skip the annual inspection of my car, i might as well do that as the warranty is over on it by now.
And i am pretty sure the little Suzuki can do more than 15000 km between inspections :D
I will change the oil on it myself as soon as the weather get to a place where lying on the street under a car is not a big problem.

Dont matter if new screen is no gamer screen, they dont make games i like to play any more, so i dont expect to be doing any gaming again, at least not on a competitive level like in the old days.

Standby power on this one is just 5 watts as i recall.
Well that is about 42KWh per year more than mine!

At Danish electricity prices I make that 130 euros over 10 years - about what I paid for my 23" IPS monitor, and that is just the standby power!

:eek: Did I go wrong somewhere?

Maybe you dident use the correct KW/h prize, after all over 50% of our power come from renewable sources, and thats not cheap, so it might be even more expensive for me.

No doubt not getting a LCD screen would be stupid for me.

Maybe i should look for a cheap used one to get started with.

Maybe you dident use the correct KW/h prize, after all over 50% of our power come from renewable sources, and thats not cheap, so it might be even more expensive for me.

No doubt not getting a LCD screen would be stupid for me.

Maybe i should look for a cheap used one to get started with.
Ahh, I trusted Wikipedia for the price! Try again using "Eurostat Statistics in Focus Electricity prices for EU households, January – June 2016."

5W left in standby for 1 hour will use 5Wh, or 0.005KWh.
0.005 * 24 (hours in a day) * 365 (days in a year) * 10 (years) = 438KWh

Danish electricity price: 0.24 Euro/KWh

438 * 0.24 = 105.12 Euro.

Again, that is just for the standby power, you will be in profit a lot sooner than 10 years if you actually turn it on.

Not least with the hours this computer is on every day :)

The computer itself actually have a okay power saving going, doing this stuff make it run a much lower speed than it do if i throw something hard to do at it.
But i could save even more by buying one of those micro PCs for this web stuff, that should save me even more on the power bill.

Not least with the hours this computer is on every day :)

The computer itself actually have a okay power saving going, doing this stuff make it run a much lower speed than it do if i throw something hard to do at it.
But i could save even more by buying one of those micro PCs for this web stuff, that should save me even more on the power bill.
I'm using an Intel NUC, uses about 16 watts when running web browser + USB TV tuner + Windows. Combined with the 23" LCD they use less power than my laptop, although that is a few years out of date. The NUC clips onto the "wall mount" plate on the back of the LCD so takes up zero space.

Here is 3 minutes of bleak 4K footage from my home town.

Only parkour i will be doing is falling on my ass down a flight of stairs :p

Here is 3 minutes of bleak 4K footage from my home town.
Kamkar
How about a quick test: Dudenow 12 said his Star's date/time reset when he removed the battery! Does yours?

Ill have a look at that later, i disabled the sound as it sounded like a thunderstorm in a barrel, the mic is sensetive it seem.

Also in this clip Sj7 is fighting mount that is a bit shaky it seem

It is, but i have not been into that sub menu, so no idea how many notches you can go up or down.

I am getting the SJ6 legend tomorrow, and are planning a little trip to get some side by side footage in the day after.

Made this little head 2 head earlier today.
I think i have the focus on the SJ7 dialed in a bit too close as opposed to the a bit to far out it was when it arrived.

SJ7 also seem a bit over the top on the colors, except the grey sky that the SJ6 might be a little closer to the actual color, but the grass was not that lush green.

both 1080/60

Gyro on and on the Sj6 set to low ( dont seem to work on SJ7 yet )
SJ6 was only med bitrate and SJ7 was high :oops:
both WDR on

Last edited:
Back