SJCAM SJ7 Star Sample Videos

If you need time,,,,, slow it down.
120 FPS at 30.

There seem to be some dropped frames.
We are working on video quality. Should be improved in future firmware release.

Video shot under artificial lighting. In the description of camera settings and a link to the original file. Firmware 1.04

I wonder why these cameras are not using a zoom lens if they are to be used as general use cameras instead of action cameras mounted on bikes etc.A simple manual zoom lens would create a good alternative to the entry level "camcorders".The video ,above , is an example of where a conventional video camera would be a better way to film that performance.

Take a look at a manufacturer called Bachbone who makes a rebuild for Hero and Yi , allowing the use of focusable aftermarket lenses. Of course it will void a warrantee!

A manual zoom & focus lens will be problematic, zooming to what ever you want is easy, but focussing the lens on such a little screen is a pain.

Even using manual focus on my Nikon Dslr with a little larger screen is stupid, so i mostely have to take some pics and then zoom in on them using the camera and lens to inspect if manual focus is alright.
To be honest i dont even know why Dslr cameras support manual focus when its so silly, old Slr cameras was much better in this regard.

There are a few that make addons for some action cameras using other lenses.
https://www.back-bone.ca/

Just be advised upgrade lenses for these things can be just as stupid expensive as lenses for Dslr cameras.

In general i find a real camcorder best in most cases, things like the little action cameras are only to be used for really up and close ( on board ) action, filming some one else doing something action - filmed from a distance as a spectator you are far better off with a camcorder.

Same goes for phone cameras, you need to be up close or you again are better off with a camcorder.

My friend have several action cameras, but it is his Sony camcorder that see the most use.

Thanks for all of the above......

SJ7 Star, my first video.. 1080P Firmware 1.6B
what do you think about stabilization????

EIS seem to be working now, but i cant say if it is 100%

Have you tried to put it side by side with a know good gyro performer ?

yes, my next test is a comparison with Thie T5 and YI 4K
coming soon...

but a this time i don't like stabilization...

As i recall the yi4K have a well working EIS ?

imho is better than SJ7

My second video.. 4K this time..

Too bad my lounges will not work over a moderate speed, way lover than terminal velocity.

Skydiving looks so cool, not least for me and my issues with highs, must be the ideal cure.

I was in the Jungle again today, got myself a new friend but sadly i dident get on tape when he jumped me.
But next time i visit i will make sure to have the video camera up and ready.

I also got to dunk the SJ7 in the large fish tank with south Americans swimming around, good thing the Arapaimas and the large piranas dident start to chew on my camera.

There might be a little Ace Ventura in me, i have never seen the animals wanting to get that close with other people in the rain forest, maybe i look like one of the care takers or something.
What ever it is i look forward to get some even more up close and personal footage with my fellow tree swingers :D

Here is a poor phone picture of my new friend on my lap, took me a good 5 minutes or so getting him off me again :)
IMG_20170318_135530_big_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
I was in the Jungle again today, got myself a new friend but sadly i dident get on tape when he jumped me.
But next time i visit i will make sure to have the video camera up and ready.

I also got to dunk the SJ7 in the large fish tank with south Americans swimming around, good thing the Arapaimas and the large piranas dident start to chew on my camera.

There might be a little Ace Ventura in me, i have never seen the animals wanting to get that close with other people in the rain forest, maybe i look like one of the care takers or something.
What ever it is i look forward to get some even more up close and personal footage with my fellow tree swingers :D

Here is a poor phone picture of my new friend on my lap, took me a good 5 minutes or so getting him off me again :)
IMG_20170318_135530_big_thumb.jpg
Really delightful kamkar1. Very enjoyable. Thanks for uploading. :)

It freaked me out i was allowed to dunk my camera in the fish tanks, i did not expect that when i asked :)

Cuz off course i asked first, otherwise i wold just be the person i was once, and i don't want to go back there.

I hope i will be able to get some cool video selfies with my new friend. :cool:

I got buzzed today :mad: damn Mavric

Back