Maybe your gps had bad fix last night.

If i guess properly the column are separated by comas:
GPS Satus?,DATE,TIME,lattitude,N/S,longitude,E/W,speed?,Accelerometer X,Y,Z;
A,080913,060424.003,3742.7096,N,12224.0065,W,017.9,+00.00,-11.03,+01.84;
V,,,,,,,,+00.61,-10.41,+03.68;
GPS status:
A =Acquired?
V=No GPS FIX
Can you find a word with V wich match "no GPS fix"? I'm french so my voccubulary is not that good.
So if you look at time column you'll see that V lines are missed seconds of gps log.

nuxator said:
I don't know it it's a bug or not.
Maybe your gps had bad fix last night.

If i guess properly the column are separated by comas:
GPS Satus?,DATE,TIME,lattitude,N/S,longitude,E/W,speed?,Accelerometer X,Y,Z;
A,080913,060424.003,3742.7096,N,12224.0065,W,017.9,+00.00,-11.03,+01.84;
V,,,,,,,,+00.61,-10.41,+03.68;
GPS status:
A =Acquired?
V=No GPS FIX
Can you find a word with V wich match "no GPS fix"? I'm french so my voccubulary is not that good.
So if you look at time column you'll see that V lines are missed seconds of gps log.

I understand you fine don't worry. I'll take French over Chinese translations/grammar any day! :lol:

It looks like you're saying "V,,,,,,,," = No GPS FIX? (not good)

I have a bunch of recordings today. Every .LOG file has the same problem. I dumped them all into a shared folder check it out.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ivymjwq8rbq41q2/4hvf9q6Q99

They all seem to share the same pattern of strange V,,,,,, (every few lines)

The CarGpsPlayer.exe app doesn't have a problem with these .LOG files at all though (location and route plays on the map)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure ther is a problem with registrator viewer.
I openned your mov and log and it seems to work.
The log was not auto detected (maybe it should be in a log subdirectory?) My files where both in the same.
I right clicked on the mov file and add the log to it.
Works great.
If i look in properties i see 45 GPS point and 61 accelerometer point.

Can you double check the problem with registratorviewer?

nuxator said:
Are you sure ther is a problem with registrator viewer.
I openned your mov and log and it seems to work.
The log was not auto detected (maybe it should be in a log subdirectory?) My files where both in the same.
I right clicked on the mov file and add the log to it.
Works great.
If i look in properties i see 45 GPS point and 61 accelerometer point.

Can you double check the problem with registratorviewer?

Here is how it used to work on my old firmware.

-I insert the microSD card into my laptop.

-I drag and drop the .TS file directly from the DCIM folder into RegistratorViewer

-RegistratorViewer automatically loads the matching .LOG file without me having to do anything else. (complete route is displayed)

If it works for you, then something is wrong on my laptop. Let me try it on my other HTPC. (to rule out weirdness)

UPDATE: I tried opening up AMBA0023.MOV and AMBA0023.log on my OTHER computer (fresh install of RegistratorViewer.exe) still doesn't work

Note I did NOT modify the .LOG file like you said to do. Are you having success with the default files I shared or only after you modified the .LOG file via notepad text swap?

I had to mannualy add the log file to the video.Right click on the video name in the bottom right window of registrator and click attach track.
But the file is working after that.
So i think it's the auto open log file wich doesn't work.
V lines doesn't seem to impact registrator.

PS:Do you have some logs before update?I want to see if there were gap in time.

If there is gap in those files : V lines are just an attempt to log accelerometter more often.
If there no gap : GPS logging has a bug in new firmware.

nuxator said:
I had to mannualy add the log file to the video.Right click on the video name in the bottom right window of registrator and click attach track.
But the file is working after that.
So i think it's the auto open log file wich doesn't work.
V lines doesn't seem to impact registrator.

PS:Do you have some logs before update?I want to see if there were gap in time.

If there is gap in those files : V lines are just an attempt to log accelerometter more often.
If there no gap : GPS logging has a bug in new firmware.

Oh ok good to know! Can you do this for multiple files all at once though? I generally open the whole collection at once. It would be a pain to manually attach the log files per .MOV file. (but good enough for now until auto open is fixed)

Yes I have old files, here is a pre-firmware update sample. (.TS and .log)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5u7n6v6okk6lt ... 0PM%29.zip

EDIT: Sorry that was the wrong folder. (it contained converted .MP4 and .SRT files) Here is the correct shared folder with .MOV / .log files
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj5wx9wr2wlxm ... 0Files.zip

I hope registratorviewer can be adjusted to auto import the .log files with strange lines.

In your zip file there is srt, no log.
I don't know if you can do it for multiple files.
I don't have the cam yet so i rely on your files.

nuxator said:
In your zip file there is srt, no log.
I don't know if you can do it for multiple files.
I don't have the cam yet so i rely on your files.

Sorry that was the wrong folder. (it contained converted .MP4 and .SRT files)

Here is the correct shared folder with old original .TS / .log files
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj5wx9wr2wlxm ... 0Files.zip

So there is a problem. The logs were perfect no gap.

Can you double check the contact between the cam and the gps?
But i think there is a problem in gps logging with the new firmware.
It losses some seconds and log only accelerator.
On the other end, the animation is still smooth on registrator (it seems to compute an average of existing points)

And i don't know why registrator is not auto attching gps logs to mov...
But i was abble to convert all you new logs to kml without any problem.

PS : I ordered my cam the 4 spetember at giveo and it's status is wating for shipment.
What's the status of yours?

nuxator said:
So there is a problem. The logs were perfect no gap.

Can you double check the contact between the cam and the gps?
But i think there is a problem in gps logging with the new firmware.
It losses some seconds and log only accelerator.
On the other end, the animation is still smooth on registrator (it seems to compute an average of existing points)

And i don't know why registrator is not auto attching gps logs to mov...
But i was abble to convert all you new logs to kml without any problem.

PS : I ordered my cam the 4 spetember at giveo and it's status is wating for shipment.
What's the status of yours?

Interesting........ I wish a second person could rule out or confirm the potential firmware gps logging bug.

I'll perform another recording test right now. (give me 10 minutes) I'll double check contacts and record multiple times after reconnecting disconnecting.

4 Day ago, I received an email from Aliexpress that said:
Your order No. ##############has been all shipped on 2013.09.04 03:53.
Usually, tracking information is available 2 days after the shipment."

I'm unable to track my new Givoe order yet, I have a China Post Air Mail RB#########CN
I tried the following three sites and none of them have tracking info on it yet.
http://intmail.183.com.cn/
https://tools.usps.com/
http://www.packagetrackr.com/

I correct the previous post :

There are V lines in the old firmware logs :
Code:
A,270813,073204.001,3742.6501,N,12223.7492,W,018.9,+01.09,-13.20,+05.12;
V,270813,073205.001,3742.6488,N,12223.7439,W,018.9,+01.09,-13.20,+05.12;
V,270813,073206.001,3742.6480,N,12223.7408,W,018.9,+00.27,-12.15,+03.71;
A,270813,073207.001,3742.6465,N,12223.7341,W,019.2,-00.98,-12.58,+06.05;

In ther new logs there is empty and with data V lines:
Code:
A,080913,060513.003,3742.6471,N,12223.7272,W,018.9,+00.00,-10.41,+04.90;
V,,,,,,,,-00.61,-10.41,+05.51;
V,080913,060515.003,3742.6463,N,12223.7197,W,021.9,+00.61,-08.58,+05.51;
V,080913,060516.003,3742.6463,N,12223.7197,W,019.6,+01.23,-08.58,+04.29;
A,080913,060517.003,3742.6475,N,12223.7153,W,016.6,-01.84,-07.96,+06.12;
V,,,,,,,,-01.84,-11.64,+04.29;
A,080913,060519.003,3742.6517,N,12223.7064,W,010.6,-01.23,-07.96,+04.90;

So i don't know if there is a bug or bad gps fix today for your cam.

Registrator viewer count more accelerometer points than GPS.
On mouse over the accelerometer graph i see that the missing gps point are V lines (with or without data)
But there is a lot more missing point in new logs than older.

JazJon, did you use the firmware file you were supplied plus the second file from the other user or did you use the firmware file as well from the other user?

if their cam is from a different seller it's not to say the hardware spec is the same, there are different options for the GPS for this model, better to use the firmware supplied through your own seller always

Here is a fresh dump of GPS .log files from a trip I just made. I power cycled / disconnected the camera and reconnected it from the base several times. I still see same patterns. I included one full .MOV file as well.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f69l4pl6v6dgjy2/3K84Jo4u2E (folder share)

jokiin said:
JazJon, did you use the firmware file you were supplied plus the second file from the other user or did you use the firmware file as well from the other user?

if their cam is from a different seller it's not to say the hardware spec is the same, there are different options for the GPS for this model, better to use the firmware supplied through your own seller always

I only used the new files shown here.
aJ1OYk7.jpg

The eprance single file "firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin" has the same name and file size though. Should I try to reflash this single one to make sure things are not mixed up?
Gr5s3OX.jpg

jokiin said:
it could well be the same, check the checksum of each and see if the same

Ok good idea I just used this tool
http://sourceforge.net/projects/checksu ... t/download

Assuming I did it right, I think they are different.

Oih4Sb6.jpg

Is that correct or do you have a better suggested tool? (prefer GUI of course)

I guess it can't hurt to try flashing the firmware again with the eprance .bin

if the files were identical they should have the same checksum, this could be the reason for your GPS log file issues at the moment, I'd always recommend using the firmware file from your vendor, there's too much hardware variety that's possible in these cameras

Oh......... Those Russian translated instructions make sense now. Check out this page.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 6bih%3D803
(change the google translation to your native language)

I'll post the interesting ones to save you the hunting............

~> "Please note, if the unit does not issue a firmware issue, rename the file in the firmware-NO1.bin firmware-NO1-SPI-OV2710FLIP-TB15-M8452.bin"
(not the same name as ours for cx4, but the idea is close!)

~> "After the change of firmware video quality has improved dramatically :) almost completely disappeared squares identification numbers of cars on the adjacent rows in the block search 8 out of 10. Minute recording weighs 110 MB.
Question to the producers, video bit rate can pick up some more? At least up to 20mbit / s. I am sure that the picture quality will be even better."
(this confirms bitrate is better on there new firmware too!)

~> "Also put the new firmware. By the way, the renamed firmware-NO1-SPI-OV2710FLIP-TB15-M8452.bin viditsya registrar did not want to, but the original firmware-NO1.bin deliver without problems. Here is a sample video for the new firmware roughly the same stretch of road that I put a little earlier (in the old firmware): http://yadi.sk/d/IxB7PQ518cwpY . The quality definitely improved, and now, I think, a lot to be desired and it is not necessary. The sound is also "cleaned up." But personally channels on my BP was like 2, and remains: and I hear both, and MediaInfo shows the two, so that problems with recording in one channel, and somehow I did not watch.
My opinion - it is now one of the best BP almost all indicators (for night shooting is not saying do not tasted) at least in its price segment. One drawback for me - the lack of a polarizing filter. The thing still necessary, if not essential."
(also confirms the Audio seems cleaned up. They the 15Mbps on there cam, look how clear it is wow, maybe better multi glass lens too explains the cx4 price. It's a shame they still use .TS files though even in new firmware)

I remember reading a post I cant find now that said once you update to a firmware you can't re-update to the same version. This would explain the behavior I'm seeing now.
I tried using a combination of files to upgrade. I get prompted to upgrade yes/no. I pick yes but then nothing happens. :( So it's either because it's the same version, or it's because that helper file is not paired correctly now that I mixed things. Thoughts?

JazJon said:
I remember reading a post I cant find now that said once you update to a firmware you can't re-update to the same version. This would explain the behavior I'm seeing now. I tried using a combination of files to upgrade. I get prompted to upgrade yes/no. I pick yes but then nothing happens. :( So it's either because it's the same version, or it's because that helper file is not paired correctly now that I mixed things. Thoughts?

Ambarella you can go forward, backward, same file etc no problem, I'd say the companion file you have is not suitable, you should be able to get the correct ones tomorrow anyway though

jokiin said:
JazJon said:
I remember reading a post I cant find now that said once you update to a firmware you can't re-update to the same version. This would explain the behavior I'm seeing now. I tried using a combination of files to upgrade. I get prompted to upgrade yes/no. I pick yes but then nothing happens. :( So it's either because it's the same version, or it's because that helper file is not paired correctly now that I mixed things. Thoughts?

Ambarella you can go forward, backward, same file etc no problem, I'd say the companion file you have is not suitable, you should be able to get the correct ones tomorrow anyway though

Good to know, well this is a learning process for everyone.
I sent a short message to Demi at eprance letting her know I need the companion file to go along with the "firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin" she sent

Assuming it fixes GPS anomalies, then we know what to watch out for. I'm sure people that bought unknown models or got them from non-responsive re-sellers won't have access to any other firmware updates. (But are then willing to take a gamble on what we share) I might have jumped the gun asking the factory to check out a potential non-bug, but oh well

If it doesn't fix GPS then what I've communicated is all good so far.

Just updated mine with the firmware from the Mini 0801 FAQ page. The only problem I can see (I haven't checked out the GPS yet) is that I no longer have the choice to select which memory to use - the internal 8gb, or the SD card. I can only use the SD card now...

Has anyone else experienced this?

Back