Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

Re: Smallest Ambarella Car DVR

ShPioN said:
jokiin said:
I have a different firmware on it at the moment to test at 15Mbit so I could compare to our other product, makes for a fairer comparison if they are both set to the same bitrate
what is the limit of bitrate for A2S70? is it possible to tune it up to 20Mbit/s? I have now GS9000 and bitrate is 13-14Mbit/s, but I still see compressing artifacts.

generally considered to be 18Mbit max although I'm sure it can do more, maybe not so practical though, if you still have artifacts at that bitrate maybe something else is the cause of the problem though, 13Mbit is plenty not to have this issue

Reactions: Mtz

Here's a sample video. Was trying out a lens from some 3D glasses so I set the Exposure bias around +0.7 - 1.0.

Audio seems a bit distorted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Does this have an easy codename or something? Or is there a place with firmware updates?

irononreverse said:
Does this have an easy codename or something? Or is there a place with firmware updates?

I'd be inclined to stick with wherever you got it from for any updates, it's available with a variety of sensors and if you install the wrong when you could go backwards big time, these are pretty hard to brick and trying a different version firmware is not so bad in one respect, your problem would be though that if you get a firmware for a different hardware spec and you don't have the right version to fall back on and reload you might get stuck

Ah I see. Thanks for the advice. This is really quite a nice camera in a compact shell. It'd be good if there was an easy way to classify each version though

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in one of these. Where has this in stock, is cheap, has the latest version, and ships to the UK?

Thank you.

iridium said:
Hi everyone,
I'm interested in one of these. Where has this in stock, is cheap, has the latest version, and ships to the UK?
Thank you.
retailer on aliexpress:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Amb ... 74589.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smallest ... 01063.html
I bought one from the first link and have already received it. Shipping took under 3 weeks to Canada. I installed but don't have enough time to play with settings and test other things. Video is average, there are a couple of cameras at those prices (i.e. under $150) that would do better, but I bought for the size and design. It's very discrete in my car and I never take it off. I also really like how the docking is done. If you have any other questions, let me know.

ciuvak said:
iridium said:
Hi everyone,
Thank you.
retailer on aliexpress:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Amb ... 74589.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smallest ... 01063.html
I bought one from the first link and have already received it. Shipping took under 3 weeks to Canada. I installed but don't have enough time to play with settings and test other things. Video is average, there are a couple of cameras at those prices (i.e. under $150) that would do better, but I bought for the size and design. It's very discrete in my car and I never take it off. I also really like how the docking is done. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Thank you. I've tried e-mailing both of those retailers, but neither replied :(

iridium said:
Thank you. I've tried e-mailing both of those retailers, but neither replied :(
What did you want to know? Maybe I can help?

I've just received one of these from Giveo, very happy with the quality and the camera.

There is only 1 problem, the unit appears to be locked to KPH (kilometres per hour), and I would like a display in MPH (miles per hour).

I've been through every menu, and I cannot find an option to change the onscreen display. Any help?

Cheers

Glen.

If you can't find an option it's because there isn't one

These are predominantly sold in markets where kmh is used

It's a simple option to put into the firmware. Why alienate the UK and USA for a few additional lines of code in the firmware....

Cheers

Glen.

betgear2 said:
It's a simple option to put into the firmware. Why alienate the UK and USA for a few additional lines of code in the firmware....

Cheers

Glen.
You should ask who you bought it from, we have it as a user selectable option (mph or kph) on our cameras, it's a bit more involved than a few lines of code but not too difficult to implement

Got mine, $95 shipped from ebay seller e-prance. Ebay/paypal isnt perfect but i trust them more than ali.

Havent installed it yet, will report back with impressions. At triple the price of my first dashcam, I expect good quality and reliability.

Evan55 said:
Got mine, $95 shipped from ebay seller e-prance. Ebay/paypal isnt perfect but i trust them more than ali.

Havent installed it yet, will report back with impressions. At triple the price of my first dashcam, I expect good quality and reliability.

if possible post on video at night , wish see a video of this cam at night :mrgreen:

Evan55 said:
Can you provide link, please, because I cannot find it on eBay

EDIT. Found it finally.

GeorgesNJR said:
Evan55 said:

if possible post on video at night , wish see a video of this cam at night :mrgreen:

I've just ordered one from Givoe - when I receive it I'll put up a night video if nobody else has.

How have these been holding up?
Still weary... because it looks like that crap "Smallest HD 720p DVR" that ate 4 of my memory cards

Krookz said:
How have these been holding up?
Still weary... because it looks like that crap "Smallest HD 720p DVR" that ate 4 of my memory cards
I've had mine for over a month now, using a 32GB ADATA UHS-I Class 10 card. No issues at all. Overall very good impression. I will post some pics later to show how it fit in my car.
Edit: Just remembered an issue I had with this unit right away: If the GPS is on, the time will be reset to another time zone. I'm not interested in using the GPS data on my videos, so I turned it off and the time is always kept as set by me initially. This is probably a firmware bug.
- if you use the GPS the speed is in km/h, which works well in Canada, but might be an issue for US users.
- the bitrate could be better. Right now it's aprox. 10 Mbit. The camera can handle more, but this needs to be done in the firmware.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pavlov Mini 0801 16
Back