Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

there's a timezone offset setting to the left of the clock settings, you need to select your timezone here or it will adjust to whatever offset is in there now

Hah! Got out the magnifying glass and noticed. Thanks., jokiin.
Relief.
Squirm.

My Givoe/Aliexpress (GPS with internal-8gb) is still running rock solid on firmware 20130924. It never trips up, and records day after day without fail. The only problem is the G-Sensor no longer will calibrate. (and I assume not working period) I don't care about G-Sensor right now though.
3oHO19Rm.jpg

So since I have a new 0801 on the way, and my 0801 is currently my REAR dashcam, I'm going to go ahead and try using 20131026 just to give us more feedback. I know if it ain't broke don't fix it usually applies, but I want to continue pushing progress here :) I can always downgrade to 0924 again.

20131026 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzaK5CGt2pO6cnJJT1FXankzMzA/edit?usp=sharing (Thanks Lunar)

Stand by for my results. (hopefully it's just as stable and possibly restores G-Sensor but doubt both)

I finally got around to updating my Givoe 0801 (with GPS and internal 8gb) to the new 20131026.

I had to rename the file from "firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin" to "firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin" before it would take.

I'm happy to report the G-Sensor is working again! (Calibration completes)

This particular flavor of 1026 is missing the inner/outer card selection choice but what ever for now. I'm letting the card fill up as we speak and will put it through normal car testing after that.

I guess I should ask Givoe for the 1026 that supports inner/outer cards. That way I finally have a fully working & stable internal 8gb with GPS 0801.

I finally got around to updating my Givoe 0801 (with GPS and internal 8gb) to the new 20131026.

Hey JazJon, would you mind if I ask where I can obtain a copy of this latest firmware? Mine also bought from Givoe with GPS + internal 8GB. Currently running firmware 20130923, with a Samsung class 4 8GB card. I would prefer if I can find a firmware that is stable with my Samsung class 10 32GB card.

Hey JazJon, would you mind if I ask where I can obtain a copy of this latest firmware? Mine also bought from Givoe with GPS + internal 8GB. Currently running firmware 20130923, with a Samsung class 4 8GB card. I would prefer if I can find a firmware that is stable with my Samsung class 10 32GB card.

Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/weh0tq6j2el4wxr/firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin

You'll lose access to the internal card (inner/outer card missing from settings), but hopefully it's stable at least for now. I'm going to ask Givoe or the internal 8gb version of 1026 or newer as well.

• Me:

03:37 Nov 19,2013

Hi Lia, Everyone seems to be happy with the new firmware 20131026. Loop recycle mode works good many days. (no problems) 20131026 seems to be the latest shipping firmware. There is also a copy going around people have upgraded to. (and are happy as well)

20131026 (with GPS, no 8gb internal support)

Do you have a version of 20131026 or newer that supports the inner/outer card selection? (for internal 8gb versions)
    Thanks again!
    ~Jon

Last edited:
Cheers JazJon. Will test it.

Edit: I see why this version has no option to choose inner or outer card, because it is intended for the model with GPS but without internal 8GB.

Edit 2: Haha, just saw your edited post above.

Last edited:
Is there an .elf file for firmware 20131026 ? Or can someone make one? :-)

No but you can Flash the elf Version and then upgrade via sd binary flash

I have bad news from mine.
It doesn't switch on automaticly. I have to press the power buton for 15 sec (like a reset) to have it switch on...
This time, i think i must ask for a replacement...

Thanks. I downloaded that, but always wanted to see if I could get an 'official' copy from E-Prance, so I sent them an email as well.

However, since I just picked up a Samsung class 6 card today, Im going to see how it works with the existing firmware it came with (which I believe is 20130924) before upgrading.

That is official E-Prance firmware.

NOTE. later versions such as Eprance 0922 for GPS + 8gb and 1026 for Eprance GPS ONLY ect use a lower recording bitrate, so will result in a slight reduction in image quality but is barely noticeable. It's dropped from approx 17200kbps down to around 13500kbps.

Last edited:
I have bad news from mine.
It doesn't switch on automaticly. I have to press the power buton for 15 sec (like a reset) to have it switch on...
This time, i think i must ask for a replacement...
maybe try one of the older direct usb programs and do a nand erase/format and a full flash..

I just got my unit today, I purchased Sept29 and received today (yup, 11.5 weeks shipping :( ).
Buyers beware, eprance and E-Prance on ebay are not the same. I was tired at time of purchase and I was hoping I ordered from E-Prance, but that was not the case. Although "Candy" (eprance) was mostly responding to my questions, shipping was a nightmare. Second courier attempt after two weeks of nothing. Ebay listing using E-Prances images thou (same logo).

So, mine is 8Gb with GPS, and came with firmware 0922. Using a Lexar 16Gb Class10, Full HD, 5min loop, video + audio, and so far so good. No issues to report, but I'll know by tomorrow night if there are issues when the card is full. Internal card writing no issues either for the 60'ish minutes that I tried it.

Anyone recommend the 1026 firmware (over 0924 or existing 0922) from other vendors, and will it work?

Thanks, I'm pumped it's finally here and working.

• 03:37 Nov 19,2013

Hi Lia, Everyone seems to be happy with the new firmware 20131026. Loop recycle mode works good many days. (no problems) 20131026 seems to be the latest shipping firmware. There is also a copy going around people have upgraded to. (and are happy as well)

20131026 (with GPS, no 8gb internal support)

Do you have a version of 20131026 or newer that supports the inner/outer card selection? (for internal 8gb versions)
    Thanks again!
    ~Jon

• GIVOE Lia:

18:37 Nov 19,2013

icon_new.png

Thank you for share, Jon.
    my colleague who responsible for "0801" get ill, so we can't contact the factory for the time being.
    So we need to figured it out all thing, and get handle it .
    If you have any good news, thank you for share.
    ^.^
    Have a nice day.
    Miss you.
    Lia

FYI Update:
20131026 is stable so far on my Giove GPS internal 8GB model. It recorded all night, and I unplugged/replugged USB power dozens of times with successful results. I'll take it in my car next in case the Auto Power adapter adds unknown/missed variables. Again the version of 20131026 I used is missing the Inner/Outer Car choice in the Menu. I've asked Givoe for a copy that supports it. (see my last post) G-Sensor Calibration is working, unlike the previous recent firmwares I've used. (meaning it's most likely more compatible with my rev of hardware) I'm not sure what the bitrate is yet since all test recordings were done indoors where it was dark'ish. A quick bright room recording shows it's only 10Mbps but that can't be right hopefully. (if variable) If it truly is that low I might go back to the 20130924

My new eBay E-PRANCE (not "EPRANCE") Mini 0801 (with GPS, no-internal 8gb) arrived today! It came with firmware 20131026. Here's what I've noticed right away. (subtle difference, might give more clues?)

1) The buttons "feel" better and have a cleaner solid action when pressed. (different less harsh click sound to it as well)
2) The system volume speaker is a bit clearer/louder
3) The mini USB port is much tighter. The cable insertion feels nice and snug (no wobble) compared to my older 0801

I made a quick video to try and show the difference. The older Givoe is on top, the new E-PRANCE is on the bottom. (screen protector still left on)

EDIT (OOps, iMovie didn't combine two clips I wanted, I'll be uploading a new video shortly)
TEMP one for now>>>>

EDIT 2, ok here's the combined video I really wanted to show.
(place holder, still uploading) Here:

Last edited:
Eprance no-internal 8GB is an internal 8GB model without 8GB sdcard.
So if you want 8GB internal (and you get the right Firmware for that - procam cx4 fw for example) just disassemble the cam and put an 8GB card into the internal sd slot.

Eprance no-internal 8GB is an internal 8GB model without 8GB sdcard.
So if you want 8GB internal (and you get the right Firmware for that - procam cx4 fw for example) just disassemble the cam and put an 8GB card into the internal sd slot.

The last person that opened up their non-internal 0801 said the 2nd microSD slot was missing all together. (you could only see solder points where it "should" be) I think they save money by not adding it on non internal models. Only one person confirmed this so it might have changed but doubt it's there.

Back