Smallest HD 720p date reset on power on

V8Rocks

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just received 2 Smallest HD 720p A8 from globalsucceed01(ebay). Both working, but date will reset after I disconnect it from car battery.

It is because of internal battery is discharged?
Will it charge if I live it connected for a while? or Are those lemons?

Previously, I got other 3 and 2 were ok, but 1 was defective (DOA).
I never saw date reset on previously bought dash cams of this model/make.

Never mind folks. Both of them have bad internal battery or should I say busted voltage regulator on the battery cell. Quality control is real issue with this dash cam.

Some folks mentioned about price hike on ebay. There is only one seller globalsucceed01 who sells it for reasonable price $46.35. Others hopezone001 and estore009 raised prices over $90.

At least I know the reason now. They have defective batch with busted internal battery, so it seems they are framing you to buy from globalsucceed01. If you buy it from them - the dash cam will loose date on every power cycle and the worst part - last recorded file will be corrupted. I bought 2, both have battery issue. Funny, seller is suggesting - it is the way it supposed to work.

> $90 is very unreasonable, you can get way better cams in this price range.

Just threaten them with a bad feedback and threaten them with opening a dispute with PayPal.
They'll probably cave in and swap them out.
You do have to send them back then usually on your own cost.

SDeath said:
Just threaten them with a bad feedback and threaten them with opening a dispute with PayPal.
They'll probably cave in and swap them out.
You do have to send them back then usually on your own cost.
I do not have any issue with money. I would rather have working cameras instead of money. In fact, I just opened a dispute and money in my pocket already. I did not want to wait till package is received by the seller - it will take very long time. Plus, credit card will take care of it for me, so I do not need to keep track of it.

Replacement from this seller would not solve my issue though - they would send the same ones from bad batch.

Back