Sporadic recordings issue.

Paul Webber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologise if this has been raised before but I couldn’t see this exact issue in the posts.
I have a 512GW since Oct 2017 and have a constant issue that it just seems to record when it feels like it, I travel quite a bit for my job and it will sometimes record nothing from when I leave home and then start about an hour into my journey. The next day it will record from leaving until I stop and then nothing for a couple of days of driving and then a few clips the day after, it’s just so unreliable as I had a very serious near miss recently and when I reviewed the videos it wasn’t there. The screen at all times is showing it’s recording.
I have factory reset the unit several times, the firmware is updated to R22.5 and I have tried 3 different Micro SD cards, all regularly formatted as I drive around 20+ hours per week.
Toshiba Exceria 32GB Class 10, Sandisk Ultra 32GB Class 10 U1 and a Sandisk Extreme 32GB Class 10 UHS1.
I know it’s often the SD cards so if anyone can help or suggest another make otherwise i’m going to chuck this thing away and try another make as it defeats the object of having it there.
Thanks in advance Paul.

Back