512GW. Recordings are all over the place.

Pauli363

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Nextbase 512GW for about a month now. I have noticed that several times on a journey, the recordings will be short, like 24 seconds, 40 seconds, 1.40 mins etc etc. On a motorway journey today, of about 27 videos shot, 9 of them were short and not the 5 mins I set. Even more of a concern, I checked continuity between these curtailed videos. After every shorter video I noticed I am losing anything from 10seconds to 50 seconds of footage, which is totally unacceptable and negates the purpose of having the camera in the first place. When I noticed this happening a few weeks ago, I turned off the G sensor completely, along with the Parking sensor, so its not them. It is definitely not the SD card either. I am well versed in these cards, and have read up at length on good and bad cards, as I have quite a collection for a range of 4K GoPros, and a 4K DJI Mavic drone that need the very best cards. I have a range of Toshiba Exceria, Lexar 633X, Sandisk Extreme, and Samsung Evo cards, at 64GB which are among the best available. What could be causing this before I bring this back for a refund?

No, that setting isn't on the 512 menu

try reset defaults and go through the setup again, update to or reload the latest firmware if you haven't already

latest firmware already loaded. Still doing the same today after clearing the card

Can you email us at support@nextbase.co.uk so we can see what is going on?

If you can screen shot the file list on the computer so we can see the file name structure that would be great.

seems an awful lot of faff to get this stable. I want this to be plug play and forget, not to have to keep resetting and reformatting the SD card every few days.

What you're experiencing isn't normal, it isn't supposed to be complicated so we can fix it.

We just need to find out what is going wrong first.

Back