Strange colours in picture and video

G'day My Mobius camera has started recording a strange phenomenon. The colours are washed into each other and the effect is like sepia but more colourful. https://www.flickr.com/photos/12865148@N04/13897891282/
I update to 1.17 today. Might go back to 1.13.
Any thoughts?
Thanks Ross
Your lens module ribbon cable has come loose or is defective. Check and reseat the ribbon cable but be very careful handling it and the connector. The connector has a latch (bar) which needs to be carefully lifted in order to open the connector in order to insert/remove the ribbon cable.

Techmoan has made a good tutorial on installing a remote lens/extension ribbon cable which would be worth watching just to see how the latch(bar) is released.

Thanks. I will look at it today. I have been inside to do the remote start button enhancement.
Cheers
Ross

No luck. I removed the flat cable, rubbed gently with a rubber to clean the contacts and the pictures are still posterised (New word for me)
Maybe the CMOS is sick. Can I buy a new lens and CMOS?
Cheers
Ross

Last edited:
Banggood (www.banggood.com/buy/mobius-camera.html) seems to have one of the better selections of DIY Mobius parts and accessories and they sell both the A and B lens modules. I've purchased a number of items from them including super-caps, a new circuit board and a lens extension and had a positive experience with very fast delivery to Northeastern USA.

No luck. I removed the flat cable, rubbed gently with a rubber to clean the contacts and the pictures are still posterised (New word for me)
Maybe the CCD is sick. Can I buy a new lens and CCD?
Cheers
Ross
May be you could check the ribbon cable attached to the cmos module side too.

Props to eletoponline365, one of the recommended sellers of the Mobius camera. I had a colour problem tagged in post number 1.
I sent the camera back to China, following info from the seller. They sent me a new camera that took about three weeks to get here, arriving today. It is now charging
Thanks to eletoponline365.
Cheers
Ross

Back