Street Guardian dual channel version release date?

So we know that both cameras will be as good or better than the V3.

yes should be

Do you have anything about the Release date (Germany) and price yet?.

not yet sorry

You wrote that you will test the first units this month. How much time does it take after that? I guess it's testing and some fine tuning and if all goes well then it will available to buy.

All depends how the tests go

not yet sorry
Tell when you have more information.
I wanted to get the V3 but dual is better in every way. Would be nice if it's available in 2-3 months

It will have the same case as the V3 right?

Will the front and rear video be separately or in one video?

design has some similarities
Will it have Bluetooth or WLAN or just the display ? ( WLAN and BT would be nice to have but not needed)

Its time for me to get a dashcam.... Had one near headon crash because a guy overtaking a tractor and he didnt see me somehow, had to brake hard. Wanted to report him to police but phone quality isnt good enough to read the plate sadly. And a truck just pulled out in front of me had to slam my brakes and went from 80kmh down to 20kmh...

No wireless in the dual cameras as i understand it.

Do you know the cable length?

I have a pick up and wondering if the length is long enough to allow mounting to the license plate frame.
More importantly, is the reverse camera weather proof?

I have a quad cab truck (Tacoma) and the center window in the rear slides open so I would have to install the camera off center.

You should be able to extend any cable that might be a little too short from the factory, but i am not sure how long the cables are, i would assume the rear camera must be able to go all the way to the back of a 4 door sedan, so 16 feet at least i would guess.

The rear camera is not waterproof but it might be compatible with current SG waterproof cameras for current models, we talked about this before but my flaky memory have not stored the info.

But i am sure @jokiin can put a nail thru all my statements and assumptions, or kick them to the curb.

the rear cam is not waterproof although we intend to release a waterproof version suitable for exterior mounting at a later date, cables can't be extended however we will offer them in some different lengths as an accessory

Looking forward to seeing the dual cam, hope it retains a similar wedge shape as the 9665GC for the front at least.

I'm planning to change my car around this time next year, so it would be nice to upgrade the dashcam too and go straight to the new dual cam on my new car. :)

Do you know the cable length?

I have a pick up and wondering if the length is long enough to allow mounting to the license plate frame.
More importantly, is the reverse camera weather proof?

I have a quad cab truck (Tacoma) and the center window in the rear slides open so I would have to install the camera off center.

i had a camera mounted in front of the sliding rear window on my tacoma (2005 x-runner). the trick is to attach something to the metal inside the headliner above the back window, so that it hangs down in front of the glass, then attach the camera to that. failing that, attach it to the headliner.

skip ahead to 30 seconds and you can see the view it gives. (note, not a SG cam, but you get the idea)

edit: install photos here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/ch-100b-video-review.15063/#post-237707

Last edited:
I had a camera with its DIY mount screwed into the headliner felt, and it worked okay, but i would prefer a thin pice of sheet metal stuck to the upper side of the felt with dual sided tape and then a magnet on the camera.

I would assume with a quad cab the people in the back are still pretty near to the rear wall/window, i had a ext cab Mitsubishi, that also seated people in the back, but as i had it on reduced tax there was no seats there as thats not allowed, and i must admit i had a hard time seeing a grown man folded up back there.

But mine was also just a ext cab, i am sure a quad cab is more manly size, we just dont get much of that over here in the metro sexual - social democratic Denmark :oops:

the tacoma is still considered a "small" pickup, so the back seat leg room isn't that great even in the quad cab. that said, even someone around 6ft tall isn't too close to the roof in the back of a quad cab tacoma. and while there IS a seatbelt in the middle of the back seat for the quad cab (my extended cab only had 2 seat belts in the back), i don't think a tall person would want to sit there anyway due to lack of legroom because of the center console. i wouldn't worry about it too much.

the metal i used was actually the striker plate from a household doorknob, hammered flat and cut into a C shape. i used the same 3m foam tape i use for mounting cameras to glass to attach the plate to the metal roof inside the headliner, and then just stuck the camera to that. even with the hard suspension and low-profile tires of the x-runner, it didn't shake/vibrate at all.

I drive a diesel Ford Super Duty crew cab (four doors) and plan to install a rear facing dash cam on the glass above and behind the headrest of the rear passenger behind the driver. I don't look (and can't see) that area anyway. And there's plenty of room :)

Back