Street Guardian dual channel version release date?

yep.
Creepy what misunderstandings a shallow knowledge about a subject can have of results, we can only pray the people we vote for in our respective societies are very careful and/or extremely smart.

What kind of footprint will the rear camera have?

Will there be an iOS/Android app to view files so you don't have to remove card to view footage?

Just to clarify here, is that half of the actual foot ( mount ) print of the GC, or half of the housing size ?

I would assume it was the same size as the RC camera unit, mut maybe its more of a C size battery.

Just to clarify here, is that half of the actual foot ( mount ) print of the GC, or half of the housing size ?

different form factor to the RC camera, kind of hard to describe but by volume I think it would be less than half the size of a GC, there were some practical limitations around making it any smaller than it is now so had to make decisions about function over form

So normally it would go on the glass? Is the lens adjustable?

If used with the butchered tilt mount shown below, would it be discreet enough as the M1?

GC 018.png

If used with the butchered tilt mount shown below, would it be discreet enough as the M1?

View attachment 29209

again hard to explain exactly but mounted in that fashion it would be similar to just looking at the front profile section of the GC with the lens rotated all the way down

I just hope i am able to get it installed without any of the heater elements in the footage, but i think the chance for that to happen is great.

...had to make decisions about function over form
Delightfully refreshing compared to what some manufacturers do. :)

Delightfully refreshing compared to what some manufacturers do. :)

I'm sure we'll get plenty of 'why did you do this?' and 'why didn't you do that!' etc but the reality is there's a reason behind every decision that has to be made, sometimes compromises are unavoidable but you can't be all things to all people

I'm sure we'll get plenty of 'why did you do this?' and 'why didn't you do that!' etc but the reality is there's a reason behind every decision that has to be made, sometimes compromises are unavoidable but you can't be all things to all people
Agree on all points.

My comment really wasn't directed to any particular industry but rather manufacturing/design in general. Case in point: I bought a really nice couch a couple of years back. Sat on it in the store and had no issues with the comfort - however after getting it home learned that sitting on it for more than 20-30 minutes (something you would not test in the store) it starts putting pressure on the lower back due to the seating position being just a little bit 'off' (everyone who has used it says the same thing), thus it's pretty much useless for watching a movie, etc. It's a nice looking piece of furniture but functionally lacking.

Lesson learned? When buying a couch bring a movie with you to watch. ;)

I kinda fell behind on following this thread... So is it in the testing phase yet? Or are they still waiting on assembly from the factories? Just got my new car last weekend... trying to decide if I should just buy the single channel to hold me over.

I have a sneaky feeling units might soon go out to testers around the world soon.
But how long it then take before things get out there for sale i have no idea.

Back