Street Guardian dual channel version release date?

Yeah, get single cam to tie you over, and look at it as a investment in the well being and safety of the person you will be handing it over to when the dual channel is ready to go.

win / win :)

trying to decide if I should just buy the single channel to hold me over.

better to have a camera to use now, we still have some time to go
I was in a similar position in October 2016, wondering whether to wait for the dual channel camera. I'm glad I bought the GC V2 with its mature firmware back then, rather than waiting all winter for a yet-to-be-released camera which will undoubtedly require some time to iron out the bugs and fine-tune the firmware.

Out of sheer curiosity, how are things progressing? Still biding my time... :)

Out of sheer curiosity, how are things progressing? Still biding my time... :)
They're progressing, we'll have product going out to testers soon, release date will depend on how much needs doing after we get some field testing results, impossible to know at this stage when we will be able to release the retail version

They're progressing, we'll have product going out to testers soon, release date will depend on how much needs doing after we get some field testing results, impossible to know at this stage when we will be able to release the retail version

Hopefully sooner than later. A rear cam would have been handy a few months ago when some idiot merged into the side of my car. Thanks to the sound quality of the my GC picking up the sound of the impact whilst the video showed I was in my lane it was easy to prove I wasn't at fault :cool:

I'm really hanging for the dual channel though.

A matter of practical curiosity, will the file format(s) be compatible with RegistratorViewer?

Bummer :( so lets hope SG might be able to bundle some other software up thats just as good as "RV" with the new cameras.

I really like working with RV and love the fact it work with the original file format and bitrate, i have no other software that can do that.

Bummer :( so lets hope SG might be able to bundle some other software up thats just as good as "RV" with the new cameras.

I don't think there's any other software as good as Registrator Viewer, highly doubt there ever will be based on what I've seen from other developers

Very convenient for removing the audio track from a file too. When done in Final Cut the original bitrate decreases.

for GPS, unfortunately not, the newer chipsets save the data differently to what Registrator Viewer is currently setup for

:(

Really step it up.

My last attempt to run it was on a Win-7 Pro 64bit, Intel Core I5 Quad Core, 8GB Ram and the playback stutters badly. This not even addressing the (to me) limited window sizing options.

Let's all ask for improvement where needed. I just suggested @traveler add a mark-start mark-stop point option to export videos as easy as registratorviewer. (Right down to the frame) He said my request is now in the DashCamViewer Job Jar. I'm hoping 2017 is the year DashCamViewer becomes the go to solution for next generation products with continued development.

Hey, been pretty quiet here. Any update on how things are going?

Oooh, there's a whole new section now that I didn't notice... Nice!

So the dual channel is finally shipping, a year late, still waiting for dual remote, it was supposed to be an upgrade using a similar platform or experience or something like that, can we do 3 months? :D

I need some reliable discrete gear for some of the things I'm doing. Probably going to be installing 8 cameras on my car, they have to be remote heads, weather proof is a big plus plus, has to have parking mode and I'm going to create a li-ion battery bank for them that auto-engages during parking mode so my car battery doesn't drain and the bank charges during driving. A 22000mAh pack can keep a gopro recording stills for 36 hours, so it should be sufficient to run a dashcam and recharge during 2 hours of driving per day and additional 5-15 hours per week.

Back