Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

We are now accepting Pre-Orders for the all new premium Street Guardian SG9665GC with upgraded Sony IMX322 Sensor, enhanced lens, GPS, 32GB microSD, microSD reader & other nice accessories.

https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/d...sony-imx322-sensor-gps-32gb-storage-card.html

Shipping in 1-2 weeks!

Send me a PM if you want a special active DCT Forum member discount code.

Please amend "Super Capaictor means HIGH HEAT RESISANT!" to "Super Capacitor means Highly Heat Resistant!" or better still "Super Capacitor means High Heat Resistance!"

The bolding is only to show the errors.

When will we Aussies get a special active DCT Forum member discount code? ;)

Thanks fixed! I'm sure Jokiin can hook you up

That was quick. Glad you didn't take offence at my proof checking. :D

I'm waiting for the internal GPS version, but if Jokiin can do deals, then I'll be even happier due to my medical woes.

Can the external GPS module be fitted up next to the dash cam?

What's that little round module on the windscreen for?

If you mean the round thing in the 4 in 1 picture, i assume thats the base of the rear view mirror Jon have removed to take pictures.

Can the external GPS module be fitted up next to the dash cam?...

That's something I'd like to know as well. The perfect placement for me would be at the top of the window. Would it function correctly mounted 'upside down' and if not is it possible to pop open the case and flip the innards over 180 degrees?

We use Magento and the WYSIWYG editor blocks google chrome spell checking for some reason. Our whole web site will be getting a nice Profesional make over soon anyway.

Yes you can open the GPS antenna and flip the PCB antenna upside down. It's just four small screws. I'll create a YouTube video. That way you can stick it against the glass upside down instead of to the dashboard.

EDIT: Here you go:

Last edited:
We use Magento and the WYSIWYG editor blocks google chrome spell checking for some reason. Our whole web site will be getting a nice Profesional make over soon anyway.

Yes you can open the GPS antenna and flip the PCB antenna upside down. It's just four small screws. I'll create a YouTube video. That way you can stick it against the glass upside down instead of to the dashboard.

Great! Maybe I'll ask Jokiin abut mate's rates and won't have to wait for the newer dash cam with the internal GPS :cool:

That was quick. Glad you didn't take offence at my proof checking. :D

I'm waiting for the internal GPS version, but if Jokiin can do deals, then I'll be even happier due to my medical woes.

Can the external GPS module be fitted up next to the dash cam?

What's that little round module on the windscreen for?

Same here. The model I like is the SG7LA50G which I prefer it's smoother pod-like casing with internal GPS module. Jokiin only speculates about a capacitor version in the future but nothing is certain for now. I don't like an external GPS module which requires it to be seated on the dash, that means I have to run two cables (power cable and GPS cable) around the front windscreen, making it look more unsightly.

That's something I'd like to know as well. The perfect placement for me would be at the top of the window. Would it function correctly mounted 'upside down' and if not is it possible to pop open the case and flip the innards over 180 degrees?

yes the insides can be flipped to mount on the window, have done this in one of my vehicles

Same here. The model I like is the SG7LA50G which I prefer it's smoother pod-like casing with internal GPS module. Jokiin only speculates about a capacitor version in the future but nothing is certain for now.

I can't confirm a capacitor version of the SG7LA50G at this stage as it's something that is still being evaluated

I don't like an external GPS module which requires it to be seated on the dash, that means I have to run two cables (power cable and GPS cable) around the front windscreen, making it look more unsightly.

if you do it correctly the cables aren't seen, GPS can be flipped internally to window mount, in some vehicles you can run it around and mount the GPS under the dashtop so it's not seen at all, every install is different and lots or possibilities, reality is that external GPS works better, internal of course have a convenience factor

Same here. The model I like is the SG7LA50G which I prefer it's smoother pod-like casing with internal GPS module. Jokiin only speculates about a capacitor version in the future but nothing is certain for now. I don't like an external GPS module which requires it to be seated on the dash, that means I have to run two cables (power cable and GPS cable) around the front windscreen, making it look more unsightly.

The SG7LA50G has a polymer lithium battery though.

I need a capacitor powered model as the heat at Penrith tops 45 C :(

Glad you don't get so hot where you live.

I can't confirm a capacitor version of the SG7LA50G at this stage as it's something that is still being evaluated

if you do it correctly the cables aren't seen, GPS can be flipped internally to window mount, in some vehicles you can run it around and mount the GPS under the dashtop so it's not seen at all, every install is different and lots or possibilities, reality is that external GPS works better, internal of course have a convenience factor

Jokiin, could the external GPS module be mounted in the fuse box at the driver's end of the dash do you think? Well, not mount, that's easy, but work there okay?

Jokiin, could the external GPS module be mounted in the fuse box at the driver's end of the dash do you think? Well, not mount, that's easy, but work there okay?
it needs to face up, it can be below the dash if it's a vehicle that doesn't have a metal insert in the crashpad (most vehicles in the last 15 years are probably fine). they need to see signal but don't need to be seen

yes the insides can be flipped to mount on the window, have done this in one of my vehicles
Jon already answered, thanks anyway. Have 2 on order.

Yes currently I am running the power cable along the edge of the front windscreen, held in place with adhesive cable clips. I don't want to hardwire my car and I don't want to rip the car pillar casing to tuck the cable underneath (as it has airbags inside).

Flipping the GPS module inside the casing is definitely a valid option. Will have to source a much shorter GPS cable when the GPS module is placed next to the dashcam.

The SG7LA50G has a polymer lithium battery though.

I need a capacitor powered model as the heat at Penrith tops 45 C :(

Glad you don't get so hot where you live.

I have already said I also live in Sydney, not as far out in the wild wild west as in Penrith though :P Still can get 40-43C on heatwave days.
Which is why I am hoping for a capacitor version of the SG7LA50G in the future.

Yes currently I am running the power cable along the edge of the front windscreen, held in place with adhesive cable clips. I don't want to hardwire my car and I don't want to rip the car pillar casing to tuck the cable underneath (as it has airbags inside).

not nearly as difficult as you might think, it's easy enough to get the cables behind the airbags in most vehicles, there can be a bit of a trick to doing it thoughwe'll get some photos sorted on the install in various vehicles soon to show what to do

Flipping the GPS module inside the casing is definitely a valid option. Will have to source a much shorter GPS cable when the GPS module is placed next to the dashcam.

shortening the cable is not too hard, very basic, you don't want it too close to the camera though, the reason for having it outside the camera is it performs better, putting it next to the camera would negate that benefit, you could easily run it along the top of the window, cable tucked under the headliner and GPS in the top corner of the window

Here's the GPS up in the top corner of the window, could also have done the cable out of the top and you'd see less than a cm of cable, it's up in the tinted band on the window so it's not even noticeable from outside

bf275c6a03b785fb75d5b587510583df.jpg

Back