Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

trying to get rid of all mine as they are garbage. even with the custom firmware I don't like them, but it makes them tolerable.
Why are they garbage? There seems to be a lot of BlackVue fans around.

I've had quite a few pre-sales customers call me to ask questions about the Street Guardian products. (that were previous BlackVue owners) They seemed pretty frustrated and eager to upgrade to something better.

Point of view i guess efoo, i am a Dane, but i am far from as content and happy as the other 5.5 million Danes.

Why are they garbage? There seems to be a lot of BlackVue fans around.
I guess that's my opinion, I like the best, once I see something better im all over it. I have seen a LOT better than blackvue just been released and im all over them now, well forms of them have been released over the last year or so but not in the form factor I like with the functions I like until now.
I USED to be a blackvue fan, nothing but blackvue, when I was a n00b to dashcams a few years ago, but I have seen the light.
9Icb9yf.gif

The band !

I can't do that in my car as it has airbag in the pillar, not recommended to tinker with it.

Of course you are right to be cautious and if you are fearful of a bad outcome ie the air bag exploding in your face then leave well alone. However you could disable the airbag circuit by either pulling the appropriate fuse see manual or do a search on the internet for your car make and model or disconnect the battery this option might require you to reset all your electrical gizmo's though (windows, seats sun roof mirrors etc) depending on what is in your car.

Tools: - you can purchase quite cheaply trim removal tools which consist of a range of (usually) plastic items designed to get behind and open up trim panels etc always a useful addition to ones 'tool kit' however just a thought.

However you could disable the airbag circuit by either pulling the appropriate fuse see manual or do a search on the internet for your car make and model or disconnect the battery this option might require you to reset all your electrical gizmo's though (windows, seats sun roof mirrors etc) depending on what is in your car.

Haha thanks for the suggestion, but no I won't be disabling the side curtain airbag. A dash cam won't save my life in an accident but a side curtain airbag probably will.

I guess that's my opinion, I like the best, once I see something better im all over it. I have seen a LOT better than blackvue just been released and im all over them now, well forms of them have been released over the last year or so but not in the form factor I like with the functions I like until now.
I USED to be a blackvue fan, nothing but blackvue, when I was a n00b to dashcams a few years ago, but I have seen the light.
9Icb9yf.gif

Alleluia Brother......

I've installed several of these down A-pillars for friends cars that had side airbags, was no problem at all. Nothing delicate, plenty of room. VW Jetta, etc.

No airbags in pillars in my lunchbox sized Suzuki, but i do belive there is curtain bags above the doors, so in this way cheap seem to be good.

I wish i was rich enuff to be able to ignore the fact that i have to pay for 3 to get any single car, okay only pay for 2 and get one if you buy a really cheap car with good gas mileage. :(

We are now accepting Pre-Orders for the all new premium Street Guardian SG9665GC.....

Shipping in 1-2 weeks!....

Are you going to be shipping them in the same sequence that the orders were received?

(I'm concerned about you getting orders for more units than you receive :eek: and think the 'early birds' should get the 'worms'. :D )

Are you going to be shipping them in the same sequence that the orders were received?

(I'm concerned about you getting orders for more units than you receive :eek: and think the 'early birds' should get the 'worms'. :D )

Now that we've been in business awhile, I'm able to order a much larger quantity than I could in 2014. Pier28 will for sure have enough at launch.

Pre-orders are pouring in though, this is going to be a very popular and solid quality product. The Street Guardian SG9665GC has the Best Vibe to date for me.

As long as I can get mine from Autobarn, Kilburn and not have a huge wait I will be happy.

Back