Street Guardian SG9665GM Now Available! (Unboxing & Video Review) EDIT: See new SG9665GC!

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Hey DashCam Talkers

Our new Street Guardian shipment just arrived today!

Here it is, the enhanced SG9665GM from the mind of @jokiin This is only the first of many more Street Guardian products to come. The SG96550 package is well thought out, and all the little extras add up.

EDIT: I'll be recording a better take 2 unboxing review video in the near future. I missed changing the time-zone and other settings.
EDIT: OCT052014 - New Video Posted! See Below (here is the original take from 03SEP2014)

Available now!
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/dashcams/street-guardian-sg9665gm-32gb.html

EDIT: GM is no longer for sale, Check out the new SG9665GC!
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/d...sony-imx322-sensor-gps-32gb-storage-card.html

Instruction Manual & Playback Software:
http://www.streetguardian.info/support/

Wow the image is so clear at 15Mbps! (outstanding) Audio gain/pickup is very good. Here are my quick near twilight front/back tests with GPS. I'll drive through more beautiful parts of San Francisco in the near future.

FRONT:https://mega.co.nz/#!LYATiKQJ!Pe6BYLpRSrJz_E4yYNTgrxLXJBxw_XLFyhk8vlSBjAE (I forgot to set the time zone so ignore displayed time since it was around sunset)

BACK: https://mega.co.nz/#!3BJVUbCB!EoHCnWwWT2rzi7syw_IjWCAW3hKvFFB2wn-dpDwdxrI (Ignore rattle, didn't secure rear GPS yet, wrong time zone too was sunset)

GbLWbNp.png

wPnjRT4l.png

Product Description
Features:

• Street Guardian 1080p30 DVR
  • Processor: CPU NT96650
  • LCD display: 1.5-inch HD TFT screen
  • Lens: 7 Element Glass lens, 120° horizontal viewing angle
  • CMOS sensor: Aptina AR0330 3.5MP (2304×1536 pixels)
  • Video resolution: full HD 1080P at 30fps @ 15Mbit/sec
  • Video format: H.264 compression mode MOV format
  • Photo resolution: 3.5MP
  • Photo format: JPG
  • Microphone/speaker: built-in, on/off menu selectable
  • Storage media: SDHC microSD card, maximum 32GB (32GB KINGSTON microSD card + Card Reader Included!)
  • Gapless recording: supported
  • Recording cycle menu selectable: off/1 min/3 min/5 min
  • Date stamped video: supported
  • Motion detection: supported
  • Delayed shutdown: supported, last file save and soft shutdown
  • Screen saver: supported, menu selectable 3 minutes, 1 minute, off
  • Night mode: high dynamic range (HDR)
  • Built-in G-sensor: yes
  • Incident file protect: automatic by G-sensor/manual by button
  • GPS: optional (external)
  • Exposure compensation: menu selectable -2.0 to 2.0
  • White balance: auto
  • Language: English/Spanish/Russian/Portuguese/German/Italian/Japanese/French/Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese
  • Output mode: mini USB 5-pin port and DC 5V
  • Power supply: 3.7V, 300mAh polymer lithium battery
  • Dimensions/weight (LxWxH): 72 x 52 x 43mm(excluding the bracket)
  • Unit Net Weight: 74g
  • Supported O/S: Microsoft’s Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

SLToQ1nl.jpg

Warranty card

User manual

Microfiber carry bag

Pre application screen cleaner x 2

SG9665GM Car Camera

32GB Class 10 Micro SD card

Micro SD USB card reader

Cigarette power adapter

USB cable

Bracket removal string

Cable clips

Mount bracket

Cable cover

Spare set 3M tape

PCyUfSE.jpg

Available now:

Last edited:
I'll be recording a better take 2 unboxing review video in the near future. I missed changing the time-zone and other settings.

FYI: Vertical Windows are no problem
My new Street Guardian SG9655GM fits perfect in the back of my Smart Car Brabus.
Glass Hugging design fits the lens exactly between the defogger wires.
KRK5BFBl.jpg

5tVH58ll.jpg

I have another one up on the front too. (dual action!)

I just got done installing a full SG96565GPS in a friends new(used) 2012 Ford Focus SE a few minutes ago. (GPS on the DashBoard in the corner)

Wow, talk about VERY Clean install! All wires are tucked and hidden to perfection, looks OEM/Stock blends right in, can't see it while driving since it's behind the mirror.

C9I3Gmjl.jpg

5mP0KNvl.jpg

7ckPt4Xl.jpg

hdGtVwhl.jpg

EAXe1Onl.jpg

QJoG3J1l.jpg

Last edited:
FYI: Like most other imported DashCams, the tiny on screen number displayed live on the display while driving is km/h(not recorded or embedded though)

The good news is you can choose and view MPH in RegistratorViewer DATAKAM Player once you're on your PC.

Example:
yUOVA0O.png

Current version has that lens, we'll be updating that soon though, there's still some image quality adjustments that need to happen to suit the lens we'll be using

Current version has that lens, we'll be updating that soon though, there's still some image quality adjustments that need to happen to suit the lens we'll be using

Ok thanks for the rapid response. Sorry for deleting my question above. I did that before realizing you answered when I read the specs indicated 120 degrees.

Ok thanks for the rapid response. Sorry for deleting my question above. I did that before realizing you answered when I read the specs indicated 120 degrees.

120 degrees is the horizontal viewing angle of the current lens we're using

Is there capacitor version?

Full details will be released as soon as it's ready. All we can say for now is so far so good with samples. I'm sure everyone will be pleased with several extra bonuses in the works as well.

I have a B40/a118 which I bought at Amazon. Can I use the SG9665GM firmware in it?

No problem. I didn't know the SG9665GM when I bought the B40 for my wife's car. I knew it only after buying the Panorama G for me.

Really great video and run down. Really shows off the camera well. I had seen it before, and still found myself a little wowed at the quality of both the camera and the video run down itself.

Hi guys, a few questions not covered in your video:
1) Is the 3M adhesive color clear, white, or black? Regular A118 I've seen in videos has white.
2) How long is the delayed shutdown option? Such as, will it continue recording for the 5 minutes it takes to fill up at a gas station?
3) Above you mention you switched out the lens. Is this for greater clarity and/or greater viewing angle vs non Street Guardian version?
4) Any other changes compared to the regular A118/B40 versions?

Last edited:
Hi guys, a few questions not covered in your video:
1) Is the 3M adhesive color clear, white, or black? Regular A118 I've seen in videos has white.
2) How long is the delayed shutdown option? Such as, will it continue recording for the 5 minutes it takes to fill up at a gas station?
3) Above you mention you switched out the lens. Is this for greater clarity and/or greater viewing angle vs non Street Guardian version?
4) Any other changes compared to the regular A118/B40 versions?

1) Sticky tape is dark grey in color. This will change to Black in the near future on all Street Guardian products.
2) It shuts down pretty quick. If you want it recording while the engine is off, you'll have to wire it to a different delayed switch circuit power line. (such as interior lights) This will require some more advanced install work of course, and the v 1 battery version of the SG9665GM isn't recommended for long term parking mode use. New version coming in 2015.
3) A new enhanced hardware version is coming soon, super capacitor, and other surprise upgraded hardware. (I'm looking forward to when we can finally announce the details) The V1.0 available now has quality components, no short cuts were taken to save money. (until the B40/B118 which are showing problems now)
4) see #3

1) Sticky tape is dark grey in color. This will change to Black in the near future on all Street Guardian products.
2) It shuts down pretty quick. If you want it recording while the engine is off, you'll have to wire it to a different delayed switch circuit power line. (such as interior lights) This will require some more advanced install work of course, and the v 1 battery version of the SG9665GM isn't recommended for long term parking mode use. New version coming in 2015.
3) A new enhanced hardware version is coming soon, super capacitor, and other surprise upgraded hardware. (I'm looking forward to when we can finally announce the details) The V1.0 available now has quality components, no short cuts were taken to save money. (until the B40/B118 which are showing problems now)
4) see #3

Thank you for your quick reply. Am looking to pic up 4 units, but will wait for the new hardware model as it appears you are making some nice improvements soon. Do you estimate that it will be available in Q1?

Back