Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

It looks like with the latest beta firmware, the missing speed is fixed, but for some reason, Registration Viewer doesn't display the correct speed.

Any one else having the same issue?

Attachments

• dat cam.png
    dat cam.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
@Zuntax Im guessing your not near Manhattan. There isn't a foreign product that can't be found in NYC. This melting pot has everything.
@GJHS
15 min away from Manhattan.
May be I just don't have time driving around and looking every other stores.
I you know one let me know.

@GJHS
15 min away from Manhattan.
May be I just don't have time driving around and looking every other stores.
I you know one let me know.
There's a Korean Supermarket in Flushing on Northern Blvd and one in Manhattan on 32nd. As a fellow NYer you understand why we need a dashcam and why it's useless to post aggressive driver videos. It would be an all day thing.

Cool thanks[emoji106]
I will warn you that if you look it up, the reviews don't make it sound too delicious nor effective

@GJHS
It's all about personal preference and taste, I just want to try it.

In NYC dashcam is a MUST...
Red Light cameras, speed traps, traffic stop signs, pedestrians jumping in front of a cars, food delivery on bicycles (usually riding against traffic), taxi drivers, etc..I use mine 24/7 with parking mode motion detection.
Do you know about new 25mph speed limit starting November 4th?

Last edited:
I don't live in NYC but 25mph is pretty darn slow.

It looks like with the latest beta firmware, the missing speed is fixed, but for some reason, Registration Viewer doesn't display the correct speed.

Any one else having the same issue?

Hi raqe you have the Panorama G set to display MPH but haven't changed the setting in Registration Viewer to display the same.
In Registration View Select the View menu move down to Measurement then Select British system (feet, miles).

I have tried the new firmware for the last two days and not encountered any dropped gps data like before. Registration Viewer displays a few mph spikes that are well outside the speed range for my vehicle but the encoded speed in the video remains correct, so not really an issue.

Hi Carbonfibre(Chris), have you set your gps time zone as GMT, and set DST on?
The reason I ask is that in Registrator viewer with those settings, then I found the time shown in the video window (the camera screen), is ok, but the gps trace time is one hour behind. If I use Dashcam viewer all seems to be in sync.
I mentioned it to Jon (Pier28), and he was going to ask the RV guys to check.

Last edited:
Hi SteveJ, yes time zone as GMT and DST on. RV displays the correct time for me on the time line, so matching the encoded video time

That's interesting Chris, I'll have to recheck my settings to see if I've made a bit of a "boo-boo" :(

there is also a timezone offset option within Registrator Viewer, need to check that's correct also

I knew you could do it in Dashcam viewer, but I assumed RV was automatic. I'll have to check on the PC when I get the chance.

Well it seems that I should study the Registrator Viewer options a little closer. o_O
I knew there was a "Timezone" option, and blindly set it to GMT, assuming the programme would take care of everything else, but I failed to see the "Local +1" option at the top of the list.
All working ok now:)

Note to self..........When all else fails.........engage brain!:oops:

Back