Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

Turns out it wasn't the small mount bonding that was the problem, it was that I was using it on my.... TINTING!!! I facepalmed so hard when I realized it was 5 year old tinting coming off. I had a g1w on it on a suction cup no problem, but maybe putting it directly on it and the bonding material made the tinting peel off. I'm going to take it to the tinters and see what they say. I'm guessing they'll cut a circle in the tint for me for a small fee.

edit: the tinting began peeling from the windshield where the mount was, making the camera very shaky and an unnerving plasticy crumpling noise every time there was a minor bump on the road

Turns out it wasn't the small mount bonding that was the problem, it was that I was using it on my.... TINTING!!! I facepalmed so hard when I realized it was 5 year old tinting coming off. I had a g1w on it on a suction cup no problem, but maybe putting it directly on it and the bonding material made the tinting peel off. I'm going to take it to the tinters and see what they say. I'm guessing they'll cut a circle in the tint for me for a small fee.

edit: the tinting began peeling from the windshield where the mount was, making the camera very shaky and an unnerving plasticy crumpling noise every time there was a minor bump on the road

Ah yes, that explains it! (whoops, haha) Sounds like a good FAQ for our evolving new Quick start guide and User manual (will add in the near future)

received my device. 1) when will filter be in stock again. 2) any firmware improvements within the past 2 weeks?

Can you also send me the firmware update?
Will do, no new features (since the new stock release last week) they just changed some of the colors (cosmetic). The icons look like the ones in the user manual now.

Last edited:
Panorama G is working great in the new RegistratorViewer (DATAKAM) version 6.0

Here are some RAW Day Clips, not in a very exciting part of town but here you go. :)
https://mega.co.nz/#!fZRlDC7J!bf-vTp7nSmH3tnzJUrPpk_wWN3Z5wdDcPI5vW4yvcHw
https://mega.co.nz/#!7RZnEITL!sD2lSkafH6sjCs9wR8w1_r2fgKB83aAWMnSa6CgIcfI

KvSpxi5.png

P.S. The "M" looks normal when blown up full screen, a bit odd when shrunk down above.

sdCjfet.png

Last edited:
-Pier28

I had ver 5.9 and the gps for the windows version was not working so I tried out this newer version and it improved slightly.

At the beginning of all the clips about 1:30 of the clip is not showing gps data. I know it's not your program but it's not completely fixed yet.
registratormissing.jpg

And no, this is not after the camera was just started. It had been recording for a long time before this clip.

here's my 1st run...used sony vegas pro to add the fish eye effect...this was recorded at 720p/30fps but no CPL filter...so you can see the traffic red lights are orange looking

-Pier28

I had ver 5.9 and the gps for the windows version was not working so I tried out this newer version and it improved slightly.

At the beginning of all the clips about 1:30 of the clip is not showing gps data. I know it's not your program but it's not completely fixed yet.
registratormissing.jpg

And no, this is not after the camera was just started. It had been recording for a long time before this clip.

@Pier28
This is interesting, here is a picture of the gps trace from my new Panorama G, and you will notice that it Registrator Viewer consistently misses 30 seconds of data at the beginning of each 3 minute clip.
I'm using the latest version of RV, but weirdly I get the same result using the latest version of Dashcam Viewer as well.
Do you think this could be a problem with the GPS receiver?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413213085.031714.jpg

Hi Jokiin,
Yes they are. If I look at the on camera display everything is as it should be in both Registrator viewer and Dashcam viewer. It would appear that although the camera is reading the gps data without problems, both programmes seem to struggle with it.

Hi Jokiin,
Yes they are. If I look at the on camera display everything is as it should be in both Registrator viewer and Dashcam viewer. It would appear that although the camera is reading the gps data without problems, both programmes seem to struggle with it.

it's the same data stream that is used to embed the details that is available for the software to read, if the data was missing it wouldn't show in the video either, I'm leaning toward it being a software problem still

This may sound daft but the files that are having the problem with 30 secs missing in RV at the start - do they upload to Youtube correctly?

I have some files here that have the same problem and YT is really finicky about some and won't process - likewise they crash out of Windows Media Player after around the 30 second mark too but play fine in RV. I'm wondering if maybe an invalid frame or piece of metadata has been written to the files which is causing problems?

@Pier28 My cam worked great in 90F+ in my car. DO you have any idea how well this cam will work in cold weather (40F and below)??? It gets kind of "chilly" here in Green Bay.

I just got confirmation that there is a minor firmware bug that prevents small portions of GPS data from being logged and embedded into the mp4 files for brief periods. This will be addressed and fixed in a new firmware ASAP. It will then work properly in Registratorviewer and dashcamviewer

SM: "I will fix, it's not serous"

Last edited:
I just got confirmation that there is a minor firmware bug that prevents small portions of GPS data from being logged and embedded into the mp4 files for brief periods. This will be addressed and fixed in a new firmware ASAP. It will then work properly in Registratorviewer and dashcamviewer
It is not just missing small portions of GPS data. Looks like GPS/G Sensor data is compressed and not synchronized with video.

Back