Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

Are you stocking the X2 mate? It's been a few days since my last cam landed so I'm due an upgrade :)

Looking forward to seeing the footage mate - I noticed they're saying it's a 120 degree lens as opposed to 170 in the current one. I'm still trying to work out which I prefer - and to be honest I can't as they both have their merits. Currently thinking about gluing the Mobius to the bottom of the LS460W so I get the best of all worlds!

UPDATE:
Improved suction Cup Bracket Now Included!
(extra short, swivel action & all black = stealth)
GiCNzDt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered my "G" a couple of days ago. I've read further into the FAQ for the Panorama II and IIS now and I'm a bit confused. I thought the G was the same platform and would share the GLG300_V1_12_06_20140421_15Mbps (for example) firmware that the 2 and 2S are using. Is that not the case? Do I need to wait for GLG380 firmware?
Also, I saw that the max SD card size for it is 128GB so I ordered one. I don't see that anybody on the forum is actually using a card over 64GB though. Did I make a mistake there?
Thanks in advance.

Just ordered my "G" a couple of days ago. I've read further into the FAQ for the Panorama II and IIS now and I'm a bit confused. I thought the G was the same platform and would share the GLG300_V1_12_06_20140421_15Mbps (for example) firmware that the 2 and 2S are using. Is that not the case? Do I need to wait for GLG380 firmware?
Also, I saw that the max SD card size for it is 128GB so I ordered one. I don't see that anybody on the forum is actually using a card over 64GB though. Did I make a mistake there?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Zippy, it's nearly the same platform but new PCB ended up using minor hardware changes that required a unique firmware. (the touch screen is now Capacitive like a smart phone rather than old style impact press touch) The released firmware is 12Mbps as you know. The PowerUCC developer is busy releasing the new Panorama X2 (dual channel DashCam) Once he's caught up, I'll see when he has more R&D cycles to release 12/15/18 firmware for the G. The latest firmware on S & G supports exFat, so 128GB should be no problem.

Will Pier28 inform its customers of any firmware updates?

Will Pier28 inform its customers of any firmware updates?

Once we dial things in, our new magento powered main site supports email lists / customer accounts etc for those that want to subscribe. (news letters etc). I'll be quite active on the new Facebook/twitter page as well once the transition is complete and I'm caught up with the back end systems. The PowerUCC section of the forum here is a great way to keep up with the latest Panorama news as well. We have many modern options and plan on implementing many things very soon. Magento has a cool Testimonials and review plugin as well. Step by step we'll shape up the new Pier28 presence soon.

Thanks in advance.

I've been a very impressed owner of a Panorama G for a couple of weeks now and whilst awaiting delivery of a Class 10 128GB Transcend SDXC have been using a 16GB Adata SDHC card very successfully.
The 128GB Transcend SDXC arrived today and I wanted to ensure I had bought a legitimate copy of the Transcend, so used h2testw but that demanded I format it first.

Having read there was no need to format the larger capacity cards any more, I swapped it with the Adata card and put it in the "G". I didn't feel I had to put the firmware into the root of the card as it had already been installed via the Adata previously.

From inside the car everything seemed to be working for the 2 mile test journey I made, but when I got home and put it into my card-reader, my computer demanded I format it.
Do I format it or don't I, or have I forgotten to do something?

seems like either the card or computer has a problem. If the Panorama needs a card formatted, it'll tell you that, on the screen, just after startup. Did that happen?

I've been a very impressed owner of a Panorama G for a couple of weeks now and whilst awaiting delivery of a Class 10 128GB Transcend SDXC have been using a 16GB Adata SDHC card very successfully.
The 128GB Transcend SDXC arrived today and I wanted to ensure I had bought a legitimate copy of the Transcend, so used h2testw but that demanded I format it first.

Having read there was no need to format the larger capacity cards any more, I swapped it with the Adata card and put it in the "G". I didn't feel I had to put the firmware into the root of the card as it had already been installed via the Adata previously.

From inside the car everything seemed to be working for the 2 mile test journey I made, but when I got home and put it into my card-reader, my computer demanded I format it.
Do I format it or don't I, or have I forgotten to do something?

You should always format new cards inside the Camera yes. The comment about not-formating was in the past you had to manually format large cards as Fat32 in your pc. I'll try to re-word this so it's clear for future customers.

There is no Firmware available for the Panorama G at this time.
See this post:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...reen-panogdvr-powerucc.6502/page-2#post-83048

Did you accidentally install the Panorama S firmware onto the G?
(shouldn't be possible)

By the way, if you ordered the G before the new short suction cup mount was bundled, I would be happy to send you a free one. (let me know)
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...-cup-mount-testing-3m-adhesive-brackets.6544/
GiCNzDt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
>>>spotnz - The G didn't mention a format at all.

>>>Pier28 - My G has GLG 380 - Firmware 1.00.03 2014-07-15 16:30 on the "About" display. Mine was ordered on the 31st July and I don't have the short suction cup mount.

I've just tried playing back this evening's 2 mile test drive on the G and it shows the journey perfectly. I've now formatted the card whilst in the G and hopefully that'll be the end of my problem.

Just for the record, brand new "G" and brand new Transcend 64GB sdxc card (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00FB465IG) both worked flawlessly out of the box. It didn't require format on the G, but after first trial run I formatted anyway on the unit. Brought the card to my PC, and again, no problems. Hoping it stays that way.

Edit: 9/2/14 - after a long road trip, I suspected file discrepancies, so I reformatted the card as Fat32. Seems to work now, but will know for sure after another long drive.

Last edited:
Just ordered mine on Amazon. Can't wait to put my hands on one :)

Thanks for your business!

Future customers will be happy to know that the Panorama G will soon be available via Amazon Prime (Fulfilled By Amazon) in a few more days.
We'll have two G SKU on the same Amazon page, one Fulfilled By Merchant (compatible with Canada) and one Fulfilled By Amazon for USA Prime Members.
(The prime will be the default unless you click "also available from these sellers)

We also now have the G for sale direct as well.
https://shop.pier28.com/

I personally triple QA (Quality Assurance, aka check & test) each and every Panorama before they are shipped out. ~Jon

Last edited:
I know but I just can't wait to get mine soon... $4.49 shipping seems reasonable!

Thank you for your recommendation for the G model... not sure if you remember me I msg you a few weeks ago in FB asking between the 2S & G... :)

I know but I just can't wait to get mine soon... $4.49 shipping seems reasonable!

Thank you for your recommendation for the G model... not sure if you remember me I msg you a few weeks ago in FB asking between the 2S & G... :)

Thanks for your order!

I just did a new photo shoot with my new Light Box tonight. I learned the hard way that you can't use a green screen. (much faster to use smooth white cardboard backings from OfficeMax)

PANOGDVR.jpg PANOGDVR01.jpg PANOGDVR02.jpg PANOGDVR03.jpg PANOGDVR04.jpg PANOGDVR05.jpg PANOGDVR06.jpg PANOGDVR10.jpg PANOGDVR11.jpg PANOGDVR12.jpg

Thanks for your order!

I just did a new photo shoot with my new Light Box tonight. I learned the hard way that you can't use a green screen. (much faster to use smooth white cardboard backings from OfficeMax)

Wow I got it this morning... that's fast shipping considering I placed my order 2 nights ago! Thank you!!

The device looks beautiful. Didn't have a chance to play with it yet and I'm still waiting for the 64GB Transcend card from Amazon to arrive. But knowing that Jon triple QA'ed it I'm pretty comfortable it's working fine :)

I'll report back after testing it out!

It appears that I am the only person using a Transcend 128GB Class 10 SDXC card with a "G" and I've come across an odd problem.

I've formatted the card in the camera and it's exFAT.

When I put it into my Windows 7 Ultimate pc via a card reader plugged into various USB2 & USB3 ports, the reader can be seen in "My Computer" but not the card and then a message advises "You need to format the disk in drive K: before you can use it". I get the same symptoms when I put the card directly into a Samsung NC10 Netbook (Windows XP Home) and via a card reader into another pc (Windows XP Professional)

However, I have a networked Epson Stylus Photo RX685 printer/scanner and I can see the files through its card reader via "My Computer" and use Registrator Viewer to edit/view.
Also when I put the card directly into a Dell E6410 laptop's card viewer I can see the files perfectly, I can also see the files in the "G".

Why will some computers/hardware read the 128GB SDXC card, and others not?

Last edited:
Back