Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

AV in, what for and for what can be connected / recorded via AV IN?!

Rear camera

I saw another post asking if any DashCam supported video in so they could hookup a digital speedometer.

Doubt you'll want to watch DVDs on it lol.

Definitely doesn't record the input.

Hi I've routed the power cable as in the photo I uploaded (it's not my pic but I found it online). However the cable is about 1.5 feet too short to reach the nearest outlet. Do you think a 12V extension cord like this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MRV1ZZE) works fine with the unit?

Also knowing that the unit doesn't have built in battery, I have to set the clock everytime I use it because the internal time is way off. Is it a normal behavior?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• how-to-connect-a-dashboard-cameras-power-adapter.jpg
    how-to-connect-a-dashboard-cameras-power-adapter.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 22
Do you think a 12V extension cord like this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MRV1ZZE) works fine with the unit?

Also knowing that the unit doesn't have built in battery, I have to set the clock everytime I use it because the internal time is way off. Is it a normal behavior?

Thanks for any help!

That extension looks like a good price and quick fix. And yes you need to set your time zone. If you find the clock is still off by one hour it's because day light savings time is not yet implemented in the firmware. Simply choose 1 hour more/less than your regular time zone as needed to get the clock to auto set to the correct time.

I confirmed that MPH and Time Zone are coming in a future firmware update. The developer will be adding MPH first thing next R&D cycle.

Last edited:
Hi I've routed the power cable as in the photo I uploaded (it's not my pic but I found it online). However the cable is about 1.5 feet too short to reach the nearest outlet. Do you think a 12V extension cord like this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MRV1ZZE) works fine with the unit?

Thanks for any help!
cut it in half and solder a length of wire on it.

I tested the "video out" port and it works ok. It's standard analog resolution though of course. (so limited value)

"Video in" as discussed a few posts back didn't seem to work (tried an old VCR) I'll ask more about it. (video in is not really very useful either way)

Note that RED = Video and Yellow = Right Audio
So again while not all that helpful it was still fun to try this out. At the very least it will help me do a better focus double QA check. I'm sure some customers might have a special application for video out so Pier28 will be stocking these cables soon.

IMG_8733.JPG IMG_8729.JPG IMG_8730.JPG IMG_8731.JPG

Last edited:
I confirmed that MPH and Time Zone are coming in a future firmware update. The developer will be adding MPH first thing next R&D cycle.

I would also be interested in the ability to turn off the speed entirely.

Added to the list

the option to not show the OSD altogether would good, the information is still recorded regardless and can be viewed by Registrator Viewer, Dashcam Viewer etc anyway and some people want a clean video with no OSD showing

the option to not show the OSD altogether would good, the information is still recorded regardless and can be viewed by Registrator Viewer, Dashcam Viewer etc anyway and some people want a clean video with no OSD showing
On the list too, agreed

is it possible to disable speed but live GPS location ON on screen Or in order to disable speed GPS must be disabled?

where does the SD Card go in these cameras?? I cant see a slot in the pics.

cpl1-2-jpg.5196

Left hand side as you look from the front of the camera mate :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Or on the right from the back:

61idjF23MkL._SL1500_.jpg

oh I see it now. is that a micro sd card or normal sd card? looks big.

Full size SD card mate - if that's a micro it's a small camera :)

cpl1-2-jpg.5196

Left hand side as you look from the front of the camera mate :)

May I ask how you stick the suction cup on the windshield? My Nissan also has the black dotted screen behind the rearview mirror and the suction cup wouldn't stay on there. I have to place mine directly below the black screen but now I have a not so hidden camera. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The black dots prevent an air tight seal. A good work around would be to buy a flat smooth stick on plastic disc slightly larger than the size of the suction cup. They sell them for $5 online. Search amazon or eBay for: suction cup disc

12419171678817a0cd2db8bd0eb92f97.jpg

The black dots prevent an air tight seal. A good work around would be to buy a flat smooth stick on plastic disc slightly larger than the size of the suction cup. They sell them for $5 online. Search amazon or eBay for: suction cup disc

B Chiu, please check out the DIY section, this topic is discussed there in a more detailed fashion.

If you have a plastics retailer in your area, you may be able to pick up acrylic discs for under $2.00. It may be clear plastic, though. I wanted black, so I got me a black 1/8" piece from their surplus bin for $1.50 and had them cut me a square for free. I opted for this in order to have a big enough area to move around in case I change mounts in the future. Then I went home and found a never-used Garmin plastic mounting disc as described by Pier 28 (confirmed pack rat here). I peeled off the tape from the back and replaced it with 3M VHB tape that is heat tolerant and is very strong.

BTW, the plastics retailer in the SF Bay Area is Tap Plastics. Hope this helps.

Back