Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

how is the GPS function? and do we get GPS updates? any costs associated with GPS?

how is the GPS function? and do we get GPS updates? any costs associated with GPS?

GPS signals are sent by left over military satellites. The data is free, and the G logs it. If you are interested in more technical stuff check this out: Understanding GPS

wait..so...the built in GPS is for knowing where you've been...it is not the typical GPS that tells you where to go (provides real time driving instruction)

wait..so...the built in GPS is for knowing where you've been...it is not the typical GPS that tells you where to go (provides real time driving instruction)

Correct the GPS receiver/logger on this and other DashCam products is logging speed/location history, and not used for getting driving directions.

thanks for all the help!...im still debating if I should get this..very good reviews on amazon...nice build quality..but..the price...lol

thanks for all the help!...im still debating if I should get this..very good reviews on amazon...nice build quality..but..the price...lol

As I wrote on our main site:

"Best All Around" The Panorama line of products are the current King of DashCams. Time Tested Components, Community Approved, Dependable Work Horse!
This #1 Rated Rock Solid Set it & Forget it DashCam Appliance fits the "You Get What You Pay For" equation 100%. FULL HD 1920x1080p 30fps, Excellent WDR Night Vision, High Heat Capacitor Parking Mode Operation up to 90C/194F, supports up to 256GB SD Cards and more are just a few of the things that make the Panorama stand out from the crowd. We know it's DashCam soup when trying to choose online. Just remember, those other low budget options might seem ok the first month but will fail at the moment of truth when you need that video recording the most. How are you supposed to prove who was at fault if your low budget non-QA cam failed to record? The high Quality Assurance Korean made Panorama DashCam won't let you down and is rated "Best All Around" for good reasons.

don't let the price fool you, it's cheaper than it should be, there's lesser cameras that cost half what this does that sell for more

The Panorama G has proven to be a success so the factory is ramping up production much bigger for round 2.
Local Stock is sold out, Only 5 G's remaining on Amazon FBA/Prime https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LXRR7L4After that: OUT OF STOCK - Back Ordered Until September 30! (Factory PCB SMT line firing up ASAP)

Last edited:
Hmm..I'll buy it toward September 30th. Hopefully by then, newer firmware will be available to fix and provide more software features. thanks.

Hi Jon, seriously looking at replacing my temperamental mini 0803 with a Panorama G.
Any idea if the firmware on the new batch at the end of September will include any of the updates mentioned earlier, specifically the MPH and DST updates?

the hardware most likely wont change, so if you get the cam now or in two months you can still have the latest FW installed. That should not be a reason to wait on getting this.

The G is not "broken" now. is a fine unit.

the hardware most likely wont change, so if you get the cam now or in two months you can still have the latest FW installed. That should not be a reason to wait on getting this.

The G is not "broken" now. is a fine unit.

I'm sure it's a fine unit. The main reason for waiting is that it's on back order till the end of the month:(

After GPS RV compatibility I'm told MPH is at the top of the list. It should be ready by the next batch or very soon after. The whole feature request list won't be ready of course but step by step the Panorama series menu & feature options will continue to be crafted to perfection.

yah..but I will tough it out until I find good deal on 128GB or more SDXC card first.

What is your card size and how long of footage were you able to record (and at what settings)

Back