Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

Reporting back on the firmware update which was done last night. (to 1.00.00)

After the update, language went back to Korean, so I set it back to English, then checked/changed the other parameters the way I wanted it. Also set the time zone (it now says LA Vancouver for our Pacific timezone) and the time to current time, which is actually Daylight Savings Time. Early this morning, I took a short drive to and from the ferry building, and later when I reviewed the videos I noticed that the timestamp on the first video moved back one hour shortly after I pulled out of the driveway. All the rest of the videos had the wrong time.

Thinking it was an anomaly, I returned the card back to the unit and changed the time back to the correct time. Verified that the time zone was correct, LA Vancouver. Went to video, and observed ... shortly thereafter it moved the time one hour back.

What's up with that?

Reporting back on the firmware update which was done last night. (to 1.00.00)

After the update, language went back to Korean, so I set it back to English, then checked/changed the other parameters the way I wanted it. Also set the time zone (it now says LA Vancouver for our Pacific timezone) and the time to current time, which is actually Daylight Savings Time. Early this morning, I took a short drive to and from the ferry building, and later when I reviewed the videos I noticed that the timestamp on the first video moved back one hour shortly after I pulled out of the driveway. All the rest of the videos had the wrong time.

Thinking it was an anomaly, I returned the card back to the unit and changed the time back to the correct time. Verified that the time zone was correct, LA Vancouver. Went to video, and observed ... shortly thereafter it moved the time one hour back.

What's up with that?

That's a good point, I forgot to mention that the language will default to Korean post firmware update.
Luckily it's quite easy to use the touch screen to change back to English (since buttons are graphical)
((placeholder will insert images soon here))

A "Summer Time" option will be included in the future. This is basically daylight savings time 1 hour off-set. Since it's not yet implemented you'll need to choose a time zone 1 hour away from where you're actually at. (or time will be off by 1 hour 6 months out of the year)

Last edited:
Please add option to Disable buttons light when display us off. At night dashcam visible from outside the car because bottoms led on. Not god option when used in motion detection as parking mode.
1f378c5425e29d5bfef2d71bfad0abe8.jpg

@Pier28
Can you post to do list for additional options?
I would like to read it may be add some.
Thanks

@Pier28
Can you post to do list for additional options?
I would like to read it may be add some.
Thanks

Here are the ones off the top of my head.

-Option to choose MPH/KPH>>>[this is confirmed in the works]
-Summer Time 1 Hour Off-set (Day Light Savings) >>>[this is confirmed in the works]
-Choose 12Mbsp, 15Mbps, 18Mbps in GUI menu (or separate firmwares worst case)
-Enable/Disable GPS logging
-Enable/Disable OSD (on screen display bar at the bottom)
-Bring back the Violet / Purple night time enhance mode shading the older II firmware used to have (GUI on/off option instead of firmware dependent)
-Turn Off LED, Turn Off LED Parking Mode only
-increase Cyclic Recording (add 10 minute above the current 5 minute one)
-Default Language to English for future firmware updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you know, the new Panorama G is a success and becoming more and more popular day by day.

FYI: If you're looking to buy a new Panorama G, we only have 7 left in stock at the office, and 9 left in in stock at Amazon Fulfillment.

The Factory is ramping up the SMT production line but the new G stock won't be ready until the 3rd/4th week of September.
(so expect a "back order" status once the current stock runs out over the next week)

I wish we would keep these in stock, but that's the best we can do since it's a new product.

I'll keep the re-stock dates as accurate as possible once we run out.

My personal Priority from high - low (based on everyday use as security tool, not as action cam)

- Option to choose MPH/KPH>>>[this is confirmed in the works]

- Turn OFF ALL LED Parking Mode only

- Enable/Disable GPS logging

- Enable/Disable OSD (on screen display bar at the bottom)

- Motion detection sensitivity (High, Middle, Low) may save some space on SD Card for more Motion Recordings.

- Turn OFF Buttons LED's in same time as Display / LCD standby mode 30 seconds, 60 seconds, always ON(OFF). MUST for night time driving,
Note: blue recording led not included only because some users preferences to see confirmation of the recording when LCD in standby.

- Option to OFF / ON Blue Recording led
- OFF: lead always on when recording (default current mode)
- ON: will go off with display / LCD standby mode.

- One click EVENT FILE LOCK With LCD in standby mode. (Now need to click twice when LCD is in standby mode)

- Bring back the Violet / Purple night time enhance mode shading the older II firmware used to have (GUI on/off option instead of firmware dependent.

- Choose 12Mbps, 15Mbps, 18Mbps in GUI menu (or separate firmwares worst case)

- Default Language to English for future firmware updates.

- Increase Cyclic Recording (add 10 minute above the current 5 minute one)

**Important for Warranty**
Add SN (Serial Number) to About Menu or laminated version of the SN sticker only because regular printed label can be easily erased just by touching it accidentally with fingers or by just holding it when attaching or removing dachcam from the car mount.

Last edited:
As you know, the new Panorama G is a success and becoming more and more popular day by day.

FYI: If you're looking to buy a new Panorama G, we only have 7 left in stock at the office, and 9 left in in stock at Amazon Fulfillment.

The Factory is ramping up the SMT production line but the new G stock won't be ready until the 3rd/4th week of September.
(so expect a "back order" status once the current stock runs out over the next week)

I wish we would keep these in stock, but that's the best we can do since it's a new product.

I'll keep the re-stock dates as accurate as possible once we run out.
Hello Pier28,

I just received my Panorama G. I found that it could automatically start once I turn on the engine. But when I turn off the engine (12v power is also shut off then), Panorama G still stays on. Is this expected? I want to let the dash cam automatically turn off as soon as the engine is off.

Your power source is staying on at key off, the camera has no internal battery and will shutdown in less than 2 seconds once power is cut, it can't possibly continue to run without power

There is a way to set it like to shut the camera off when the IGN is off (like when I don't want to use it but still want to connect it for future use)

Your power source is staying on at key off, the camera has no internal battery and will shutdown in less than 2 seconds once power is cut, it can't possibly continue to run without power

Jokiin is right, some cars have "always on" cigarette lighter type power sockets. My 2014 Mazda 3i Grand Touring hatchback came with 2 USB ports and 1 power socket inside the "armrest" between the driver and passenger seats. Other 2014 trims have accessory controlled power supply, but mine doesn't because they put the CD player where the ACC power plug is on other models.

Adding extra power socket/s is very easy, here's one option from ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/380940532403There are other options with only one socket, there are some with USB ports, etc.

You can tap into your accessory line in the fuse box using one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/171067830031By accessory line I mean the circuit that loses power when the ignition is off.

It's also possible your cigarette lighter port is only active 30-60 minutes after the car is shut off and then the port times out. I would test to see if the port is still active after 1 hour. If it turns off you should be fine.

It's also possible your cigarette lighter port is only active 30-60 minutes after the car is shut off and then the port times out. I would test to see if the port is still active after 1 hour. If it turns off you should be fine.
Thank you jokiin, JimStar and Pier28. Yes, when I pull off the power supply, the dash cam could turn off immediately.

Another question is that when you use DATAKAM PLAYER or RegistratorViewer, are you able to see the speed curve in the Graphics session? In the bottom bar of the video, I could see the speed record, but in the speed curve, the data are discrete and most of the time blank. Thank you.

Second day driving with my new G :) just wanted to share...
Now, really looking forward to all the firmware updates!

Wow great video.

Thank you jokiin, JimStar and Pier28. Yes, when I pull off the power supply, the dash cam could turn off immediately.

Another question is that when you use DATAKAM PLAYER or RegistratorViewer, are you able to see the speed curve in the Graphics session? In the bottom bar of the video, I could see the speed record, but in the speed curve, the data are discrete and most of the time blank. Thank you.

There seems to be a bug in the way the data is being interpreted on 5.9. I have a support dialog open with the developers. It will be fixed with either a firmware update or RV update.

Speed works fine with http://dashcamviewer.com

Thinkdima, please send some of that water to California. :)

Thinkdima, please send some of that water to California. :)

i wish i could. i got a lot of friends there. but yea, this was a bit crazy. Thankfully i was driving my land rover, otherwise i'm not sure i'd go there.

Here is a quick update via IM I had with the Panorama Developer:

[8:10:22 PM] Pier28: I'm curious to try/test PowerUCC viewer you mentioned, never heard of it only use RV here.

[8:12:19 PM] *** Factory sent CarRecordPlayerSetup.zip ***

[8:12:30 PM] Pier28: got it, ok stand by

[8:20:47 PM] Pier28: Test Failed, No GPS data on PowerUCC Viewer, or RegistratorViewer.
Screen Shot: http://i.imgur.com/VFnMyjz.png

The GPS data shows just fine on the Panorama screen, and in http://DashCamViewer.com

The test was done using the following files:

1. https://mega.co.nz/#!ep83xZjD!WVeAyvT7q24F7FaEEi01jzLAHIjl0V40HkqXYDc2JhY
2. https://mega.co.nz/#!HhFGmZ4K!1OjBdNVR6QlKPlInXpDJHwhYFJBqYBRYJdKE6Ff8WS4

[8:30:56 PM] Factory: Ok

[8:31:24 PM] Factory: I will amend firmware

[8:31:31 PM Pier28: very good

[8:31:39 PM] Factory: Give sometime

[8:31:43 PM] Factory: So busy (with Panorama X2)

[8:31:49 PM] Pier28: ok thanks keep up the good work

Last edited:
Here is a quick update via IM I had with the Panorama Developer:

[8:10:22 PM] Pier28: I'm curious to try/test PowerUCC viewer you mentioned, never heard of it only use RV here.

[8:12:19 PM] *** Factory sent CarRecordPlayerSetup.zip ***

[8:12:30 PM] Pier28: got it, ok stand by

[8:20:47 PM] Pier28: Test Failed, No GPS data on PowerUCC Viewer, or RegistratorViewer.
Screen Shot: http://i.imgur.com/VFnMyjz.png

The GPS data shows just fine on the Panorama screen, and in http://DashCamViewer.com

The test was done using the following files:

1. https://mega.co.nz/#!ep83xZjD!WVeAyvT7q24F7FaEEi01jzLAHIjl0V40HkqXYDc2JhY
2. https://mega.co.nz/#!HhFGmZ4K!1OjBdNVR6QlKPlInXpDJHwhYFJBqYBRYJdKE6Ff8WS4

[8:30:56 PM] Factory: Ok

[8:31:24 PM] Factory: I will amend firmware

[8:31:31 PM Pier28: very good

[8:31:39 PM] Factory: Give sometime

[8:31:43 PM] Factory: So busy (with Panorama X2)

[8:31:49 PM] Pier28: ok thanks keep up the good work
Thank you Pier28, for your prompt response and keeping up updated.

Back