Suggestions for Dual Channel Dash Cam with Capacitor for Hot Climate?

Dr. Doodle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, Folks,
My RoadHawk HD suddenly crapped out this morning and won't power up after just under two years of great service. I'd like to replace it with a front/back camera option that uses a capacitor instead of a battery because the temps here are often over 100 degrees. Nothing seems to have it all, of course. I'm looking for reliability and good quality front/back video with GPS. What is recommended? Many thanks!

Currently available dual channel options don't perform as well, in terms of overall video quality, as two single channel DashCams.

If you're ok with this disadvantage, consider the Thinkware F750 or 770.

Thank you for your thoughts. I was thinking the same thing. Plus, two separate dash cams would provide a full backup to move to the front in case one goes down. I've been considering the Street Guardian, among others. Any thoughts about a single channel unit? Thanks!

...I've been considering the Street Guardian, among others. Any thoughts about a single channel unit? Thanks!
I've been running SG9665GCs front and back for over a year now. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

The only 'issue' is it's not as convenient having memory cards in two different units as they would be in a 'dual channel' system.

As you've already pointed out having single channel front and rear gives you a readily available backup should a failure occur - even better if both cameras use the same mount, power and GPS.

Back